collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Kit/Sponsor  (Read 63817 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: New Kit/Sponsor
« Reply #435 on: July 28, 2017, 07:40:02 PM »
Match by match for £6 is decent too. Not everyone foreign fan will want to watch every game, especially given that midweek ones are awkward for those in different timezones.

Could a British person watch Villa live while on holiday abroad?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #436 on: July 28, 2017, 07:47:42 PM »
I assume that with whatever is the Canadian equivalent of a Kodi Box, you can get all our games on Sky, and our occasional cup games on other channels.

You can't expect to get games that aren't being televised... anywhere.

Except the Villa film and broadcast every single match inside Villa Park.  It can't be beyond the wit of man to work out a way to stick that steam on the internet for overseas fans to pay to watch. If Sky aren't showing it they shouldn't give a fuck and AVTV demonstrated the technical capability years ago.

I can see the problem right away. They pay a fortune for the rights - they get exclusivity. If they aren't showing it, they ain't gonna let anyone else show it.

Who says they've got exclusivity? And in any event, haven't they bought the UK broadcast rights?

Maybe this is the sort of thing TV was on about - the Premier League are a canny bunch and worked out how you segment the packages to make the best use of them. Maybe that's where the Football League are going wrong. Football didn't fundamentally change in 1992 - how it was marketed did.

So the club are broadcasting live outside the UK all games which haven't been chosen for broadcast by Sky - https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/28/park-life-avtv-live-announced-new-store-to-launch-programme-details-confirmed

£110 for 20-25 games - a fiver a game - seems a reasonable sum.

Time to get a Vypr VPN account, I think.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #437 on: July 28, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
I assume that with whatever is the Canadian equivalent of a Kodi Box, you can get all our games on Sky, and our occasional cup games on other channels.

Except the Villa film and broadcast every single match inside Villa Park.  It can't be beyond the wit of man to work out a way to stick that steam on the internet for overseas fans to pay to watch. If Sky aren't showing it they shouldn't give a fuck and AVTV demonstrated the technical capability years ago.

I can see the problem right away. They pay a fortune for the rights - they get exclusivity. If they aren't showing it, they ain't gonna let anyone else show it.

Who says they've got exclusivity? And in any event, haven't they bought the UK broadcast rights?

Maybe this is the sort of thing TV was on about - the Premier League are a canny bunch and worked out how you segment the packages to make the best use of them. Maybe that's where the Football League are going wrong. Football didn't fundamentally change in 1992 - how it was marketed did.

So the club are broadcasting live outside the UK all games which haven't been chosen for broadcast by Sky - https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/07/28/park-life-avtv-live-announced-new-store-to-launch-programme-details-confirmed

Depends if they'll let you pay for it with a UK card.

Offline peter w

« Reply #438 on: July 28, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »

Just seen this. brilliant. Will sign up.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #439 on: July 28, 2017, 10:08:32 PM »

Depends if they'll let you pay for it with a UK card.

It's not restricted to the US, used to have an account, binned it a while ago.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #440 on: July 29, 2017, 10:53:18 AM »
Mine was delivered just before the  shop opened....

Offline Concrete Tom

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #441 on: July 29, 2017, 09:39:07 PM »
My away shirt arrived today.

It looks smart and fits well but the material feels flimsy and almost see through. Last years home shirt had a much better hand feel.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #442 on: July 29, 2017, 09:43:35 PM »
Last years home shirt had a much better hand feel.

Ooo-er!

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #443 on: July 29, 2017, 11:28:19 PM »

Am I missing something? Mrs has ordered me the new away top, as above, size Medium mens and there's no sponsor.

I'd probably rather have it without but it seems very strange, it's not a kids top, do they think gambling is against my beliefs perhaps!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2017, 11:36:34 PM »
I've seen a few on Facebook say they received them with no sponsors on it.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #445 on: July 29, 2017, 11:43:57 PM »
I've seen a few on Facebook say they received them with no sponsors on it.

Result!

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #446 on: July 29, 2017, 11:46:45 PM »
I think I prefer it not having Unibet plastered across it, just seems a bit amateurish, and they are actually selling a product not as advertised on the website.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2017, 02:37:47 AM »

If Netfliix can block it  then anybody can, if they can be arsed.

Worth a try, though.

Offline KRS

« Reply #448 on: August 02, 2017, 03:12:16 AM »
Is the Villa shop open at VP yet?

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #449 on: August 02, 2017, 04:54:16 AM »
Is the Villa shop open at VP yet?

Yes mate its been open since last Sat 29/07/17

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal