collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Kit/Sponsor  (Read 63835 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: New Kit/Sponsor
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »
It's either twat talk like 'blue sky thinking' etc, or it does mean a back sponsor. Otherwise they'd just say 'shirt sponsor' like they have done for decades.

Sounds like corporate bs to me. Couldn't just say reveal our sponsor but then I guess we've got quite a few sponsors - you only have to look at the bottom of the site. If that's the case it would have been better wording it as 'shirt sponsor'.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2017, 12:03:23 AM »
Yet another underwhelming announcement from our club. We're having that dish oft referred to by parents of "wait and see" so from Dr Tony, Keith Wyness, Steve Round , Steve Bruce and now someone with the very unfortunate surname of
Organ plying his trade for us we are definitely having that dish next season and I hope it turns out to be tasty . This is alreay looking like a season of hope over expectation.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:41:04 PM by brentastonb6 »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2017, 12:48:57 AM »
It's either twat talk like 'blue sky thinking' etc, or it does mean a back sponsor. Otherwise they'd just say 'shirt sponsor' like they have done for decades.

Sounds like corporate bs to me. Couldn't just say reveal our sponsor but then I guess we've got quite a few sponsors - you only have to look at the bottom of the site. If that's the case it would have been better wording it as 'shirt sponsor'.

I read it again and it is what he said it is. That partners/sponsors whatever you want to call them for other areas of the club are in place or will be, and the kit launch delay is down to finalizing the sponsor that goes on the front of the kit. That's really all.

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2017, 11:03:50 AM »
I reckon you need to give the chap a break. From where he has come from and what he has achieved, I reckon he knows what he is doing when it comes to the commercial side of sport.

Lotus F1 and Wasps are no were not easy jobs and by all accounts have been very successful.

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2017, 11:43:40 AM »
Beginnings of a chant for New Kit Reveal Day Sponsor Announcement Event Launch

The tills are ringing for claret and blue
The kit is minging, Not claret and blue

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2017, 12:09:56 PM »
I reckon you need to give the chap a break. From where he has come from and what he has achieved, I reckon he knows what he is doing when it comes to the commercial side of sport.

Lotus F1 and Wasps are no were not easy jobs and by all accounts have been very successful.

I agree.

Add to that the absolute mess most of our back office operation has been fr a long time and you can see things moving in the right direction. These things take time unfortunately but this guy has a pretty damn good CV all things considered.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2017, 12:51:02 PM »
I don't bet, but I'd wager that the iFollow substitute we're cooking up won't be ready on time, judging from his comments.

I was more concerned he never mentioned that we wouldn't take the EFL template as we would only be in the Championship until May 2018. If last season is anything to go by I'm in no rush to watch the games.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2017, 12:54:51 PM »
I saw it as an explanation as to what the new guy is planning behind the scenes. It was interesting enough and something they didn't have to do.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2017, 01:43:56 PM »
Just read the interview with the Commercial Officer, couldn't find a thing to fault, seems a very bright guy with his finger on the pulse.

I sincerely hope the playing recruitment & coaching this summer is bang on & come 12 months time we are back on Premiership fixture list because I like what I've heard from Wyness etc also and would really like to see 2/3/4 years stability to see if they can build a future for the club.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2017, 06:46:19 PM »
Whatever happens the home kit will not be the right claret/blue, the socks should have thinner/wider hoops, the shorts are too baggy/tight, the sponsor does not reflect our heritage and is not Acorns, the away kit is not white/black/yellow/blue/green and why is John Terry wearing a Chelsea kit under his new Villa shirt?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2017, 07:45:51 PM »
Whatever happens the home kit will not be the right claret/blue, the socks should have thinner/wider hoops, the shorts are too baggy/tight, the sponsor does not reflect our heritage and is not Acorns, the away kit is not white/black/yellow/blue/green and why is John Terry wearing a Chelsea kit under his new Villa shirt?

This. Xia out!!!

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2017, 11:15:20 PM »

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2017, 11:18:44 PM »
Looks alright.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2017, 11:28:17 PM »
Away shirt very nice. Home shirt meh.

Seen much worse, though

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2017, 11:31:53 PM »
Away shirt looks more like a training t-shirt, sponsor logo isn't the worst, although we do look like the lottery results now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal