collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AV84
[Today at 07:02:40 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244508 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #1845 on: October 07, 2016, 06:46:49 PM »
I disagree with the whole 'if he ain't good enough for us in 2 years he ain't good enough for us now' logic. Now I don't know about Bruce, but our aspiration is the get out of the Championship now. We need someone to organise us quickly and get us playing as a team. If someone can do that it should be more than enough to get out of this league with the players we have and probably be enough to be stable in the top flight. Then in a couple of years we'd hopefully be aiming a bit higher and you move on to someone else.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1846 on: October 07, 2016, 06:49:16 PM »
there those on here who think Bruce guarantees promotion and have said so
I think he gurantees being right back in the same situation in 6-18 months but that's just what I think

he took Hull to 4th in the championship last season he didn't storm the league by any stretch, he huffed and puffed and just got them over the line in a play off, if people think that guarantees us promotion then fair enough but I don't,

alos those that keep saying lets take Bruce for a couple of years then replace him, football just doesn't work like that, I know it happens but it happens because of circumstances not design,
if he aint good enough for us in two years time he aint good enough now

I know I keep banging on about this but anyone that argues and makes a case for that fat head to be managing Villa and sitting in our dug out spending millions on overated british crap must be of their heads
just saying 'he'll get us up' is a crap argument as it would be if you said the same for Warnock or Holloway etc,
which direction and future do you want us to take one of a prehistoric dinosaur style football and tactics which offers no risk because you know exactly what your getting - boring shit football
 or take another risk on someone that offers a bit of hope for the future

so we got the new owner, new players new optimism new money and after all that if the best we can come up with is old wanked out Steve Bruce picking up his latest few million for doing fuck all then we deserve all we get

Poor form to say it on this good message board but ^ this. Bruce is nearly top of my unwanted list.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1847 on: October 07, 2016, 06:52:18 PM »
Bruce and Clarke the final two apparently

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #1848 on: October 07, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
I disagree with the whole 'if he ain't good enough for us in 2 years he ain't good enough for us now' logic. Now I don't know about Bruce, but our aspiration is the get out of the Championship now. We need someone to organise us quickly and get us playing as a team. If someone can do that it should be more than enough to get out of this league with the players we have and probably be enough to be stable in the top flight. Then in a couple of years we'd hopefully be aiming a bit higher and you move on to someone else.

Agree, we need experience to escape this division, If Bruce is chosen and gets us out of this division then job done. He also has PL experience.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1849 on: October 07, 2016, 06:54:59 PM »
That's exactly how Watford did it. Sacked the man who got them up.

I don't know if anybody has said Bruce guarantees promotion but, I think with this squad he'd have a great chance of making the play offs.

He got Hull up twice, took the Noses up, kept the rabble up for a long time too.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1850 on: October 07, 2016, 06:58:44 PM »

Usual contact, Vincent?

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #1851 on: October 07, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »
Odd that he feels he has to say that. At this stage it scarcely matters.

I guess it does if Clarke is one of the last two candidates.

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #1852 on: October 07, 2016, 07:10:51 PM »

Usual contact, Vincent?

Is this contact usually accurate. This will completely ruin my weekend.....and then some

Offline Marton

• GM : 17.10.2016
« Reply #1853 on: October 07, 2016, 07:11:07 PM »
Sadly , its more a matter of ending up with Bruce instead of going after Bruce...this early in the season you do not have  enough good managers that is between jobs.

Think about it...if you disregard if they would consider US...who are the "objectivly acclaimed" most competent Managers thats's available right now?

I would probably say...Mancini, Lagerbäck, RDM  (yes we know he is crap but that wasn't the question)...and Bruce. So no wonder we end up with him ...as the few who is ranked above him wouldn't go near a dysfunctional Villa.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #1854 on: October 07, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »
Odd that he feels he has to say that. At this stage it scarcely matters.

I guess it does if Clarke is one of the last two candidates.

I thought he said three candidates left

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1855 on: October 07, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »
Clarke was appalling at Reading. Much sooner have Bruce.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1856 on: October 07, 2016, 07:13:42 PM »

How pathetically dull, if true.

I can just about understand the pragmatism that says appoint Bruce, while he wouldn't be my choice. I don't really see the point in spending fifty million on (mostly) attacking players and signing a hoofball merchant. But I could see some logic in it.

Clarke though? Part of the managerial team that has us below Burton Albion and unable to win a game against any of the top twenty-three in the Second Division?

Fuck that.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1857 on: October 07, 2016, 07:15:38 PM »
Sadly , its more a matter of ending up with Bruce instead of going after Bruce...this early in the season you do not have  enough good managers that is between jobs.

Think about it...if you disregard if they would consider US...who are the "objectivly acclaimed" most competent Managers thats's available right now?

I would probably say...Mancini, Lagerbäck, RDM  (yes we know he is crap but that wasn't the question)...and Bruce. So no wonder we end up with him ...as the few who is ranked above him wouldn't go near a dysfunctional Villa.

There's no rule against appointing managers who aren't available.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1858 on: October 07, 2016, 07:15:55 PM »
So are we assuming the 25 was swiftly narrowed down to the same 2 players mooted by know nothings on a message board as soon as RDM was offed?

Offline Monty

« Reply #1859 on: October 07, 2016, 07:16:26 PM »
Clarke or Bruce. Fuck me is that underwhelming.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal