collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Goldie.7
[Today at 05:16:42 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244490 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2016, 11:28:30 PM »
Neil Warnock is 67 years old. We don't need a bloke very much at the tail end of his career taking on this job. He might have had the energy for this 10-15 years ago. He is not what we need now.
Wengers 66

1) Let's never again compare Wenger to Warnock, or even just put them in the same sentence. 2) I wouldn't want Wenger starting a rescue a job on us at the age of 66.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2016, 11:31:26 PM »
Horrible rumours of McClaren circulating.😦

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2016, 11:33:47 PM »
The Rangers manager wouldn't be a bad shout.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2016, 11:35:56 PM »
Neil Warnock is 67 years old. We don't need a bloke very much at the tail end of his career taking on this job. He might have had the energy for this 10-15 years ago. He is not what we need now.
Careful now TV I get mullered on here for saying something similar about King and Bernstein.

day to day football manager is a lot more challenging though. It's one thing if like Wenger or Ferguson you've been at the same place for ages, it's quite another when you are asked at that age to start a recovery job. That's the point I'm making albeit a little clumsily.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2016, 11:36:00 PM »
Wengers 66

1) Let's never again compare Wenger to Warnock, or even just put them in the same sentence. 2) I wouldn't want Wenger starting a rescue a job on us at the age of 66.
Wengers 66

The point was you implied 67 was too old for football management, it isn't

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2016, 11:38:06 PM »
Wengers 66

Wengers 66

And the point I made is that I don't a 67 year old bloke with a very patchy career taking on our job as it is right now for any number of reasons. One of which in my opinion is that we need someone with a lot more energy, career drive and ambition to get us going again.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2016, 11:39:22 PM »
Someone that can quote correctly would be good as well.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2016, 11:39:28 PM »
A lot depends how deeply you believe we are in the mire. After all, we may soon click or gel and go storming up the table.

If you are less sanguine however, then Colin is most assuredly a candidate,  hypothetically.

In practice, Tony would never appoint Colin, and is more likely to go for Sven or Glen.

Offline mike

« Reply #218 on: October 01, 2016, 11:41:56 PM »
Wengers 66

Wengers 66

And the point I made is that I don't a 67 year old bloke with a very patchy career taking on our job as it is right now for any number of reasons. One of which in my opinion is that we need someone with a lot more energy, career drive and ambition to get us going again.

I think Neil Warnock's age is about as irrelevant as Adolf Hitler's side parting. He has far more relevant defects.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #219 on: October 01, 2016, 11:42:59 PM »
Wengers 66

Wengers 66

I think Neil Warnock's age is about as irrelevant as Adolf Hitler's side parting. He has far more relevant defects.

Are you saying Neil Warnock's only got one ball?!

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #220 on: October 01, 2016, 11:46:12 PM »
Wengers 66

Wengers 66

We're not sitting pretty mid table , not quite being where we should be, we're 2 points off the relegation spots with no signs of
improving We need someone in who knows how to drag us up the table pronto Let's worry about the long term plan when we've managed to win a few games.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #221 on: October 01, 2016, 11:46:12 PM »
Horrible rumours of McClaren circulating.😦

That stems from an article in the Daily Heil written by a primo bozo.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2016, 11:47:12 PM »
Stop the quotathon fails please, it makes it a right pain to read for those using mobiles etc.

Offline croatian

« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2016, 11:51:55 PM »
Wengers 66

Wengers 66

Are you saying Neil Warnock's only got one ball?!
It's in the Albert Hall I believe.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2016, 11:54:42 PM »
"This job is going to need a confident, almost arrogant manager with unflappable self belief who everyone respects. "

Wasn't that Sherwood?

Who respects Sherwood? Apart from himself.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal