collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Goldie.7
[Today at 05:16:42 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244503 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2016, 11:01:50 PM »
It's been such a poison chalice, you do wonder if the more promising guys would take it.

I agree totally. Dinosaur or foreign Manager punt it is then.

How much are League 1 season tickets?

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2016, 11:02:24 PM »
Neil Warnock is 67 years old. We don't need a bloke very much at the tail end of his career taking on this job. He might have had the energy for this 10-15 years ago. He is not what we need now.
Wengers 66

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2016, 11:04:15 PM »
Neil Warnock is 67 years old. We don't need a bloke very much at the tail end of his career taking on this job. He might have had the energy for this 10-15 years ago. He is not what we need now.
Wengers 66

RDM is young. He's also shit.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2016, 11:04:28 PM »
I voted for Mancini because he's the only one on that list that would represent a statement of intent.  I'm sick of all the pussyfooting, I want to see us throwing our weight around now and letting the rest of this shitty division know that we have no plans to stick around.  Obviously there are no guarantees in football, but sticking a world class manager in charge is as near a guarantee of promotion as we'll get. I'll be staggered if Benitez doesn't take Newcastle back up in May, absolutely staggered; he's not there to piss about, he's not a Championship manager and he knows it, everything about them says that they fully expect and intend to win this thing. I want to see us have that swagger as well.  I don't know why we don't. 

I want to see Villa acting like the big club we are.  I want to see us go out and pay someone to step down a level or two to return us to our rightful place and then take us forward.  I'm sick of us taking punts on the next big thing; Rowett and Smith are both doing fine but they'd be the next Lambert - we've seen what happens, they come in bright-eyed and fearless and within months they're pale and haunted and spending half their wages on Grecian 2000.  They'll be chewed up and spat out.  I don't want a hopeful, I don't want hope, I've had more than enough hope, hope can fuck off.  I want the next person to be someone who turns up at Villa Park knowing that they are going to get us promoted.  Not hoping, knowing.  Not some chancer, or a youngster who's grateful to be here, some famous impressive bastard who's been there and done it.  And I couldn't give a toss where he's come from or whether he supports us either.  I just want someone whose arrival, from the second he walks in the door, tells the fans, the media and the rest of the league that he's here to sort out this mess and take us back where we belong.

Bollocks to all the bitter fans of our smaller rivals, with their whinging about us trying to buy the league, with their joy that we're off to such a bad start, I'd like to see us say yes, we are absolutely trying to buy ourselves out of this mess, because we can, because we should, because a club of our size and status shouldn't be twatting about in this dump with you lot.  I want us to be utter bastards, ruthless bastards who turn up and swat away the tinpot outfits who try and take us on.  If that's cocky and arrogant then good, we could do with a massive dose of that. 

And bollocks to those who might think what I've said is delusional: Newcastle have got Benitez, so if the money is there why in the name of buggery shouldn't we be able to attract someone at least his equal?  What have they got that we haven't?  Are Champions League-quality managers only attracted to clubs where none of the fans owns a coat?  Where they can see an impressive array of moobs in the stand?  I don't believe that there is absolutely no one out there who might drop a division to come to us.  I don't think that's delusional.  I'll tell you what's delusional, the hope of seeing a teamsheet without a Hutton on it, or a driving run from Westwood, or a solid defensive display, that's delusional.  That's the reality, and it's shit, absolutely fucking shit. 

I'm not normally one for the "We're Aston Villa" schtick, I usually find it meaningless and mildly embarrassing, but we've reached a point where I think it's appropriate.  We have no divine right to success, but we are huge and important.  We may as well think big now or settle for a lifetime of this rubbish. 

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2016, 11:05:05 PM »
Wengers 66

RDM is young. He's also shit.
Totes, as the kids say

Offline mike

« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2016, 11:06:06 PM »
John Gregory!?!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2016, 11:07:57 PM »
John Gregory!?!

He's 62, crap as a manager for years and stepped from his last job due to health issues.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2016, 11:08:13 PM »
Careful now TV I get mullered on here for saying something similar about King and Bernstein.

Offline mike

« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2016, 11:10:02 PM »
John Gregory!?!

He's 62, crap as a manager for years and stepped from his last job due to health issues.

Yep, about as good as we can hope for. Twas irony.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2016, 11:13:05 PM »
I voted for Mancini because he's the only one on that list that would represent a statement of intent.  I'm sick of all the pussyfooting, I want to see us throwing our weight around now and letting the rest of this shitty division know that we have no plans to stick around.  Obviously there are no guarantees in football, but sticking a world class manager in charge is as near a guarantee of promotion as we'll get. I'll be staggered if Benitez doesn't take Newcastle back up in May, absolutely staggered; he's not there to piss about, he's not a Championship manager and he knows it, everything about them says that they fully expect and intend to win this thing. I want to see us have that swagger as well.  I don't know why we don't. 

I want to see Villa acting like the big club we are.  I want to see us go out and pay someone to step down a level or two to return us to our rightful place and then take us forward.  I'm sick of us taking punts on the next big thing; Rowett and Smith are both doing fine but they'd be the next Lambert - we've seen what happens, they come in bright-eyed and fearless and within months they're pale and haunted and spending half their wages on Grecian 2000.  They'll be chewed up and spat out.  I don't want a hopeful, I don't want hope, I've had more than enough hope, hope can fuck off.  I want the next person to be someone who turns up at Villa Park knowing that they are going to get us promoted.  Not hoping, knowing.  Not some chancer, or a youngster who's grateful to be here, some famous impressive bastard who's been there and done it.  And I couldn't give a toss where he's come from or whether he supports us either.  I just want someone whose arrival, from the second he walks in the door, tells the fans, the media and the rest of the league that he's here to sort out this mess and take us back where we belong.

Bollocks to all the bitter fans of our smaller rivals, with their whinging about us trying to buy the league, with their joy that we're off to such a bad start, I'd like to see us say yes, we are absolutely trying to buy ourselves out of this mess, because we can, because we should, because a club of our size and status shouldn't be twatting about in this dump with you lot.  I want us to be utter bastards, ruthless bastards who turn up and swat away the tinpot outfits who try and take us on.  If that's cocky and arrogant then good, we could do with a massive dose of that. 

And bollocks to those who might think what I've said is delusional: Newcastle have got Benitez, so if the money is there why in the name of buggery shouldn't we be able to attract someone at least his equal?  What have they got that we haven't?  Are Champions League-quality managers only attracted to clubs where none of the fans owns a coat?  Where they can see an impressive array of moobs in the stand?  I don't believe that there is absolutely no one out there who might drop a division to come to us.  I don't think that's delusional.  I'll tell you what's delusional, the hope of seeing a teamsheet without a Hutton on it, or a driving run from Westwood, or a solid defensive display, that's delusional.  That's the reality, and it's shit, absolutely fucking shit. 

I'm not normally one for the "We're Aston Villa" schtick, I usually find it meaningless and mildly embarrassing, but we've reached a point where I think it's appropriate.  We have no divine right to success, but we are huge and important.  We may as well think big now or settle for a lifetime of this rubbish. 

*Roars*

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2016, 11:14:22 PM »
So Chinchilla votes for Warnock then.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2016, 11:18:07 PM »
And bollocks to those who might think what I've said is delusional: Newcastle have got Benitez, so if the money is there why in the name of buggery shouldn't we be able to attract someone at least his equal?  What have they got that we haven't?  Are Champions League-quality managers only attracted to clubs where none of the fans owns a coat? 
Haha... how easily you forget that Dr Xia appointed a Champions League winner manager??

« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2016, 11:18:26 PM »
So Chinchilla votes for Warnock then.

Haha! Yep, forgot to mention that being a qualified chiropodist was key to my requirements...

« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »
And bollocks to those who might think what I've said is delusional: Newcastle have got Benitez, so if the money is there why in the name of buggery shouldn't we be able to attract someone at least his equal?  What have they got that we haven't?  Are Champions League-quality managers only attracted to clubs where none of the fans owns a coat? 
Haha... how easily you forget that Dr Xia appointed a Champions League winner manager??

I did too, very easily.  How bizarre. 

Offline supertom

« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2016, 11:24:36 PM »
Don't want Bruce. I don't care if he's quite good at promotions. I don't want another ex-Tesco or shite manager. They always seem to end up being an agent of destruction. Fuck the fuckers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal