collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Championship Memories by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 08:29:45 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:28:13 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by N'ZMAV
[Today at 08:20:02 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by RamboandBruno
[Today at 08:13:06 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 08:11:19 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 08:06:29 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Godfrey Brian
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 08:01:14 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 3 Star Ipswich v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 15890 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
3 Star Ipswich v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« on: September 15, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »
Last chance for RDM to save his job; fail to win and Newcastle will roll us over and we'd be looking at 1 win in 9, 10 in all competitions and I'm sure he would be fired.

A win is absolutely necessary to halt the rot of our appalling start to the season. 1 win in 8 is dire, but pails into insignificance when you cast your minds back to the last away win at sunny Bournemouth.

I have seen Ipswich against Reading and they looked bang average, but that is no hurdle for our manager and his bungling attempts to put out a side that has even a semblance of balance and structure.

Tshibola and Adomah being available would be big boosts. Conundrum with De Laet, Grealish and McCormack likely to be out.

I would pick;

Gollini
Bacuna, Chester, Elphick, Cissokho
Tshibola, Jedinak, Westwood [vomits everywhere]
Ayew, Kodjia, Adomah

2-1 Ipswich after we take the lead. Another £37.50 down the pan.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 09:48:43 AM by Ads »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: 3 Star Ipswich v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 09:39:06 AM »
It's clearly not the last chance for him to save his job. Anyway, I doubt we'll win. It's not The Villa Way.

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:41:16 AM »
Not that I think he will but I would shore it up by going 5-3-2, something like:

Gollini
Bacuna, Elphick, Chester, Baker, Amavi
Jedinak
Gardner, Grealish
Ayew, Kodjia

Gives up more solidarity down the spine whilst some width from the full backs with scope to push forward

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 09:44:15 AM »
We wont win (it'll be a 1-1 draw)
RDM won't go afterwards (which I am glad about, talk of him going now is silly)
The Villa revival has been postponed for another few weeks

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 09:48:13 AM »
I'm saying he'll go after Newcastle, I'll edit to make that clear.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 09:58:18 AM »
Kodjia has to be upfront.
Ayew needs to be on the ball more further up.
There needs to be 3 in the middle to compensate for fanny boy if tshibola isn't fit.

Probably cook up some fucked up formation trying to be clever and have the injury excuse. Cant see us winning. Maybe 0-1? Maybe 1-1.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »
I agree with Ads' team, gives us a lot more balance. Obviously if one of McC or Grealish get fit, they take Adomah's place with him to come off the bench with his pace.

Ipswich 0-1 Villa if we are solid and set up correctly.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 10:33:40 AM »
I agree with Ads' team, gives us a lot more balance. Obviously if one of McC or Grealish get fit, they take Adomah's place with him to come off the bench with his pace.

We seemed set up correctly in last night's first half. Just read in the Birmingham mail one of their players stating that at half time they decided to push Woods forward to counter our attacking threat and also they sorted out the threat from our wide players. Well Woods went on to dominate the game and they could've easily won it. I'd like to know what the discussion was in our dressing room? Because one things for certain. They out thought us tactically. This was fucking Brentford!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:35:53 AM by The Edge »

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 10:42:36 AM »

We seemed set up correctly in last night's first half. Just read in the Birmingham mail one of their players stating that at half time they decided to push Woods forward to counter our attacking threat and also they sorted out the threat from our wide players. Well Woods went on to dominate the game and they could've easily won it. I'd like to know what the discussion was in our dressing room? Because one things for certain. They out thought us tactically. This was fucking Brentford!!

Even in the first half, I didn't feel we were playing well as a team. The goal was a moment of individual quality, we weren't creating chances by passing through them, and for the last 10 minutes of the half we were holding on a bit.

Players will always talk about minor tweaks, in order to praise the management and they are feeling good after coming away with a point, but in reality they didn't have to change much to get something out of the game.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 10:43:42 AM »

really pisses me off when people say things like the highlighted part. How fucking disrespectful is that. They are in the same league as us, we deserve to be in it, they deserve to be in it. We aren't a top 6 premier league side any more

and anyway, Brentford are a decent side with a good manager. WE ARE NOT THE MIGHTY VILLA ANYMORE (not on the pitch anyway)

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 10:53:30 AM »

really pisses me off when people say things like the highlighted part. How fucking disrespectful is that. They are in the same league as us, we deserve to be in it, they deserve to be in it. We aren't a top 6 premier league side any more

and anyway, Brentford are a decent side with a good manager. WE ARE NOT THE MIGHTY VILLA ANYMORE (not on the pitch anyway)

You are correct, every team has earned the right to be in the league. If we are not careful we will earn the right to be in league 1. We have decent players and alleged leaders on the pitch - why can't we see out games? Can we not get a sports psychologist in to sort out everyones heads?

Anyway I'm hoping 2-1 to the Villa and the start of us getting a decent run together.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
If we have a full squad to pick from then I think we'll do them, otherwise I can't call it right now.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »
Hmmmm let me think.  I'll go with:

We score
They press
We concede on 87
They win it in added time

Sound familiar?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 11:03:14 AM »
One day, in a different universe, we are going to give someone  a real hiding. Them 0, us 12 with Hans Solo scoring a double hat trick

Offline The Edge

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »

OH YES WE ARE

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal