collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 04:17:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:16:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 04:15:16 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 04:15:03 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:14:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:12:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by mrfuse
[Today at 04:12:05 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:10:40 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Would you swap places with West Ham?  (Read 21305 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Would you swap places with West Ham?
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2016, 07:45:42 AM »
Lerner completely failed to increase the stadium's capacity after 10 years. Not one single seat extra. Pathetic. Other clubs are leaving Villa well behind with increases in capacity. Lerner has wasted the last 6 years. A disgrace as custodian.
This is exactly the point. It's all about progressing as a football club. Whether we actually need the extra seats is irrelevant. You must invest and keep investing just to stand still in modern day football. The very fact that the totally outdated North stand is still there is a shining example of Lerner's failings.  (And Ellis)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:05:34 AM by The Edge »

Offline Clampy

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2016, 08:06:16 AM »
The North Stand probably does need re-building but other than that, the stadium not being big enough is the least of our worries at the moment.

Online The Edge

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2016, 08:16:07 AM »
The North Stand probably does need re-building but other than that, the stadium not being big enough is the least of our worries at the moment.
[/quote

Online The Edge

« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2016, 08:18:40 AM »
[/quote
It's the elephant in the room. A shining example of under investment and lack of vision at our club.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2016, 08:35:01 AM »
[/quote
It's the elephant in the room. A shining example of under investment and lack of vision at our club.
You can complain about lack of vision, but not lack of investment.

The amount of money we've pissed up the wall is terrifying due to stupid decisions on top of ridiculous decisions.

Online The Edge

« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2016, 09:04:50 AM »
[/quote

The amount of money we've pissed up the wall is terrifying due to stupid decisions on top of ridiculous decisions.
We're going round in circles. Under investment combined with a lack of vision has left us falling way behind other clubs. You can't separate the two things.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:06:35 AM by The Edge »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2016, 09:12:36 AM »
Why build something you don't need?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2016, 09:16:55 AM »
Not a fucking prayer. Give me Villa park in league 1, with our famous old Stadium and the memorable nights.

But we don't have a famous old stadium - the oldest part of the ground  is 40 years old, and I imagine  most people would be happy to see that knocked down ( not me, I love the North Stand). Villa Park is like Trigger's broom in Only Fools and horses.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2016, 09:25:56 AM »
[/quote

We're going round in circles. Under investment combined with a lack of vision has left us falling way behind other clubs. You can't separate the two things.
£260 million is not a small amount of money + the tv money and other income that has been spent.It is not under investment but poor spending that is the problem.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2016, 10:06:10 AM »
Could everybody stop adding to the epic quote fail please.

Offline HolmesyVilla

« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2016, 10:28:07 AM »
Is this a possible scenario...?...

West sham have sold their home and so are now basically renting of the council. The deal to get their new council house stinks
There is bound to be a full enuiry as to how this is possibly in the nation interest, this is after all being our stadium.

So if/when irregularities are found, could the Shammers be evicted, and therefore, hilariously and fantastically, become Homeless?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2016, 10:56:00 AM »
[/quote

with respect VID money 'pissed up the wall' could hardly be classed as investment, mate. We have pissed an incredible amount of money up the wall as a club in recent years on things like compensation to bring in shit managers, compensation to get get rid of shit managers, high fees to sign shit players, high wages for new and existing shit players...but very little real investment, with the exception of redeveloping BH; and what return has there been even on that, in terms of good young players crashing the first team. Not much at all really, if we're being honest. Sad, but true unfortunately. Signing Benteke for 7m and selling him for 35m maybe? Mostly luck there though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:11:28 AM by robbo1874 »

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2016, 11:03:56 AM »
The only area where Lerner can claim any kind of credit is where the club has put money into things like partnering with Acorns; the VMF restaurant venture, supporting local chefs and food producers; advancing football in poor countries. All very noble, sincerely, but nothing really to improve the club's match day infrastructure, or the quality of football offered up.

Re-reading the above, makes me even less inclined to swap places with West Ham as it goes.

Online The Edge

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2016, 11:49:17 AM »
Could everybody stop adding to the epic quote fail please.
That was me. I'm not a morning person.

Online The Edge

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2016, 11:54:06 AM »
Not a fucking prayer. Give me Villa park in league 1, with our famous old Stadium and the memorable nights.

But we don't have a famous old stadium - the oldest part of the ground  is 40 years old, and I imagine  most people would be happy to see that knocked down ( not me, I love the North Stand). Villa Park is like Trigger's broom in Only Fools and horses.

Well the lower North stand seating is on  the original Witton End terrace. The lower Doug Ellis is the original Witton Lane circa 1966. Bit pedantic I know but true.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal