collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Would you swap places with West Ham?  (Read 21313 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Would you swap places with West Ham?
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2016, 05:52:16 PM »
If you are missing it I am too. I am completely bemused as to how they got away with it.

Yes, it's a complete mystery how West Ham (CEO Tory peer Baroness Brady) got such a deal for the Olympic Stadium from the London Legacy Development Corporation (then-chair Tory MP Boris Johnson) after it had been under the auspices of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (chair Tory peer Lord Coe.)
The word "Fantastically" comes to mind!
This is a  disgraceful deal for the taxpayer done by torys for Baroness Brady & the Essex wide boys. Made me sick to the stomach when I heard that horrible little twat Sullivan claiming it was a good deal for the taxpayer.

He pays some tax, ergo good deal for the taxpayer.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2016, 06:08:31 PM »
I love VP, although it's had precious little done on it in recent times. The North Stand has become a bit tatty and the Doug Ellis Stand isn't great, especially the way it was constructed.

Like others I would say never leave, but if we were to be in the Premiership, get a purpose built stadium nearby with all mod cons plus access, all at a daylight robbery price that enabled us to splash the cash, I suspect then some might be swayed.

I doubt many would be swayed - supporting Villa wouldn't be anything like it is IF Villa Park wasn't our home.  I don't believe there's any other set of supporters who love their home ground as much as we do.

Suspect the Redscouse do.....

Offline The Edge

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2016, 06:23:15 PM »
If you are missing it I am too. I am completely bemused as to how they got away with it.

Yes, it's a complete mystery how West Ham (CEO Tory peer Baroness Brady) got such a deal for the Olympic Stadium from the London Legacy Development Corporation (then-chair Tory MP Boris Johnson) after it had been under the auspices of the London Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (chair Tory peer Lord Coe.)
The word "Fantastically" comes to mind!
This is a  disgraceful deal for the taxpayer done by torys for Baroness Brady & the Essex wide boys. Made me sick to the stomach when I heard that horrible little twat Sullivan claiming it was a good deal for the taxpayer.

He pays some tax, ergo good deal for the taxpayer.
Good point. More blag from that cunning stunt.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:26:52 PM by The Edge »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »
Lerner completely failed to increase the stadium's capacity after 10 years. Not one single seat extra. Pathetic. Other clubs are leaving Villa well behind with increases in capacity. Lerner has wasted the last 6 years. A disgrace as custodian.

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »
Lerner completely failed to increase the stadium's capacity after 10 years. Not one single seat extra. Pathetic. Other clubs are leaving Villa well behind with increases in capacity. Lerner has wasted the last 6 years. A disgrace as custodian.

To be fair, and I'm no Lerner apologist in any way, if he had spent a penny on increasing the stadium capacity in the last 6 years with money that could have been spent on players then this place would have gone into meltdown. Unfortunately a bigger ground has been far from a priority in recent times...

Offline Clampy

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »

What would have been the point in expanding the stadium? There's hardly a queue for season tickets.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »
But worryingly we regularly have attendances which are the leagues lowest in terms of % of full capacity. We don't appear to have the demand for more seats.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2016, 07:09:25 PM »
To keep pace, Lerner needed to expand the stadium And fill it.

He didn't manage either.

He couldn't even sell out the expanded commercial/VIP seats in the trinity - even after kicking out long term season ticket holders.

Incompetent.

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2016, 07:12:20 PM »
To keep pace, Lerner needed to expand the stadium And fill it.

He didn't manage either.

He couldn't even sell out the expanded commercial/VIP seats in the trinity - even after kicking out long term season ticket holders.

Incompetent.

...which reminds me, is our resident marketing guru Adrian Bevington still with us??

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2016, 07:34:13 PM »
I've not read the thread. There's no point.

The answer is, quite simply, Never in a million fucking years.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2016, 07:43:29 PM »

here here

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2016, 08:01:06 PM »
Home is where the heart is
And villa park is my home
I travel up from Essex every home game and I still get a tingle no matter how shit we are playing when I get in my car to "come home"
Take us away from vp and our soul will be lost for ever

Offline johnboy

« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2016, 08:40:12 PM »
No, relegation is temporary, I hope

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2016, 09:25:18 PM »
So where is the money going from the sale of Upton Park ?

I think they got surprisingly little for it. £20m from memory.

I'd have said £20M was not that far off the mark if Everton were talking about £5-7M for Goodison n their plans for a new stadium a couple of years ago, taking that gives you a 3 or 4 fold mark up for the madness that is London property pricing.

That plus the proceeds from flogging the Upton Park fixtures and fittings means that they'll effectively be living with no running costs for the next 8 - 10 years.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2016, 10:48:11 PM »
PS what a shit question. No offence, like.

None taken. You're welcome to your narrow minded view; thankfully most people read it as a leading question to open further debate and comparison, hopefully to make me feel less suicidal over our worsening crisis 😜

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal