collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by AV84
[Today at 10:32:01 AM]

Champions League Contention by Dave P
[Today at 10:31:00 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:29:27 AM]

Robin Olsen by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:28:09 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:26:22 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Ollie Watkins by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:42:08 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The fantastic journey back (good vibes thread)  (Read 12093 times)

Offline Steve kirk

Re: The fantastic journey back (good vibes thread)
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2016, 08:44:55 PM »
David Bernstein :
I know that if things don't work out this season - and we still hope they will - the journey back is always very, very exciting.

I have been involved in that before and as you improve and start to get that success, it's a fantastic journey which the fans will enjoy enormously

This line stuck me when he said it and was also mentioned by some esteemed posters here. So maybe a thread to anticipate then relish next season as we stroll through the Championship is worth while?

Despite the negatives there are some facts. We will be the biggest club in the Championship, we will have the best balance sheet (according to Hollis) , we will have a new manager who will be getting players all approved of and found by our new footballing board which has real pro's on it.

Wwe have several players already who are a class above anything else in the Championship even before new additions plus some of our overpaid garbage is out of contract and will bugger off in May.

We can have our regular winning match post mortems talking about how we can improve and which players do not fit our new dynamic play rather than the usual.

So I am coming around to actually looking forward to next season, maybe we will be the bullies of the league coming back up fitter, leaner with a real sense of how we want our team to play.

Anyone other optimists looking forward to the fantastic journey back?

Sorry ciggie but;

Biggest club in the Championship?
Best balance sheet?
Several players already who are a class above anything else in the Championship ????
Even before new additions????
Plus some of our overpaid garbage is out of contract and will bugger off in May????

Can I ask what the f*** you have been smoking????

Other stuff debatable but first line is spot on we will be 100% the biggest club in the championship

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 08:46:07 PM »
ultimately, you have to ask, what is more important to you, being in the premier league and scratching around at the bottom of the league, praying for Chelsea or United to stuff Bournemouth and ruin their goal difference OR getting to 2pm on a saturday, walking to the ground actually looking forward to the game and then hitting 5.15pm, cheering the final whistle, maybe another pint on the way back to celebrate, checking the top of the league table and reading a positive post match thread on the train home, beers and takeaway, watch MOTD and actually enjoy it, then being one of the first couple of games on the championship programme after. Absolute no brainer for me.

Make no bones about it, the next 2-3 months will decide on whether the second scenario comes to fruition but this relegation is exactly what this club and its fans need. Lets worry about the premier league another time

This

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 08:49:05 PM »
ultimately, you have to ask, what is more important to you, being in the premier league and scratching around at the bottom of the league, praying for Chelsea or United to stuff Bournemouth and ruin their goal difference OR getting to 2pm on a saturday, walking to the ground actually looking forward to the game and then hitting 5.15pm, cheering the final whistle, maybe another pint on the way back to celebrate, checking the top of the league table and reading a positive post match thread on the train home, beers and takeaway, watch MOTD and actually enjoy it, then being one of the first couple of games on the championship programme after. Absolute no brainer for me.

Make no bones about it, the next 2-3 months will decide on whether the second scenario comes to fruition but this relegation is exactly what this club and its fans need. Lets worry about the premier league another time

This

Only issue with this is we'll be on the C5 car crash before MOTD.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2016, 08:51:06 PM »

This

Only issue with this is we'll be on the C5 car crash before MOTD.

Yes very true, Jesus that show and the way its presented is utter gash

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2016, 08:54:03 PM »
Not wishing to hijack the thread but, David Platt is everything that Jack Grealish should aspire to.  Let go from Manure and moved to Crewe, knuckled down, played well, got picked up by Villa, improved his game, scored some fabulous goals for us and then went on to have a very successful international career.  All culminating in a move to Arsenal, a club vying with Manure to be the top club in England.  He went full circle due to hard work and the correct attitude.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »
I suggest Underarmour replicate the 87/88 hummel in tribute - maybe a modern upgrade on the original budgie smuggler shorts 😆👌second thoughts make Agbonlahor, Richards and the rest of the nightcrawlers wear them as a punishment.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2016, 12:35:14 AM »
Make them wear chevrons.

Offline Jean Quereue-Quereue

• GM : 18.02.2016
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2016, 09:03:09 PM »
Even if there's a fire-sale of all the saleable assets, we could have a lineup of Bunn, Amavi, Clark, Baker, Hutton, Westwood, Gardner, Sanchez, Lyden, Grealish, Kozak.  Subs: Steer, Cisshoko, Bennett, Green, Calder, Gestede, Robinson. 
Not good enough for the Prem, but good enough for the Champs.  Plus we'll probably keep a few of the better existing players, and now be the ones in the position to be getting the loanees from the Sky Four to top up our squad.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2016, 10:43:13 PM »
I actually like that line up for the Championship. Dont forget Ayew!

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2016, 12:14:11 AM »
Well I'm looking forward to going to some new away grounds, who Ning some home games, seeing goals and when Villa are away at Preston meeting some fellow forum members for a beer!

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2016, 01:11:09 AM »
edit

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2016, 05:09:48 AM »
I recall that goal like it was yesterday. I was sat in the Upper Trinity North Stand end in line with the six yard box. As that cross came in we all saw Platt just dart into the open space. Brilliant cross, timed run and goal. Such an important win. Can't remember the attendance but it was quite good I think.
c. 35,000

Offline TonyD

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »
If we can get it right on and off the pitch.   Then next season will be a complete tonic.  We are the biggest club in the Div 2 (sorry showing my age).  And every match will be carnival.  Can see lock outs and reports of rowdy midlanders abound.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2016, 09:08:54 PM »
Remember this? How did we all get out alive?  :D

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2016, 09:13:06 PM »
Remember this? How did we all get out alive?  :D

It was touch and go that we got in alive, let alone out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal