collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:40:29 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Forge10
[Today at 08:38:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by ASHTONVILLA
[Today at 08:37:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:37:32 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Skerra
[Today at 08:35:57 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 08:33:49 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:31:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101136 times)

Offline Stirchley Villain

Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #675 on: July 19, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »
Well take an informed guess then...

You follow him?

I have done. I also follow Donald Trump, who I loathe.

Ah, just as I thought.

Well go on then Sygmund...

No, I think that's a good enough to place to leave the debate. Thanks.

Strange, but whatever...

Well, not it's not. You answered my question and for the risk of boring everyone else, it's best to leave it there I think.

As I said... whatever.

Offline peter w

« Reply #676 on: July 19, 2016, 06:24:34 PM »
Why? I think it sums up what Stan does perfectly.

I follow him on twitter and he doesn't bring it up that much, and if he did, what's the problem?

No he doesn't bring it up that often, only when things are going badly for Stan.
What you mean a guy who is prone to depression brings it up when things are going badly for him and maybe he's feeling a bit down?  Who would have thunk?

Thing is SV, as we don't know illness affects him, you could be right you could be wrong, it's probably just best not to comment rather than potentially looking ignorant.

« Reply #677 on: July 19, 2016, 06:31:30 PM »

I follow him on twitter and he doesn't bring it up that much, and if he did, what's the problem?

No he doesn't bring it up that often, only when things are going badly for Stan.
What you mean a guy who is prone to depression brings it up when things are going badly for him and maybe he's feeling a bit down?  Who would have thunk?

Thing is SV, as we don't know illness affects him, you could be right you could be wrong, it's probably just best not to comment rather than potentially looking ignorant.

If he wasn't such a deliberately controversial character I'd agree with you. But as we all know, Stan loves nothing more than media exposure. I haven't said he's not mentally ill, I haven't said mental illness doesn't exist. All I've said is that Stan sometimes uses his illness to increase his media exposure when it suits.

Offline peter w

« Reply #678 on: July 19, 2016, 06:35:57 PM »

If he wasn't such a deliberately controversial character I'd agree with you. But as we all know, Stan loves nothing more than media exposure. I haven't said he's not mentally ill, I haven't said mental illness doesn't exist. All I've said is that Stan sometimes uses his illness to increase his media exposure when it suits.

And you definitely know this or have proof other than anecdotal evidence?

« Reply #679 on: July 19, 2016, 06:39:14 PM »

Do I need it? It's a discussion forum not a court of law.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #680 on: July 19, 2016, 06:56:00 PM »

No but your implication is he does based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence which incidentally you still haven't produced. I'm no lover of SVC but before you kick the man when he's down how about justifying your comments. I follow SVC on Twitter and haven't once seen him play the mental illness card in his "sacking" from Talksport.

« Reply #681 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »
"Putting my mental health on the line because of the sheer volume of games I covered, travelling all over the country and getting involved in arguments and debates as you do as a passionate football broadcaster."

Offline stuart445

« Reply #682 on: July 19, 2016, 09:09:51 PM »

No but your implication is he does based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence which incidentally you still haven't produced. I'm no lover of SVC but before you kick the man when he's down how about justifying your comments. I follow SVC on Twitter and haven't once seen him play the mental illness card in his "sacking" from Talksport.

So which would have happened:

1)
So had the contract not been withdrawn he'd have quit due to talksport putting his mental health at risk by overloading him

2)
He'd have signed the contract and there would have been no mention of talksport putting his mental health at risk.

I reckon it'd be option 2 and before you say I have no knowledge of mental health issues I have suffered with depression,  if my work was doing what SVC says talksport did I'd have left immediately as staying with an employer that does that is idiotic.

This is not me doubting SVC having depression it me doubting what he is saying about talksport, it's just a convenient stick in which for him to beat them with that gets him media attention IMHO.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #683 on: July 19, 2016, 11:06:26 PM »
"Putting my mental health on the line because of the sheer volume of games I covered, travelling all over the country and getting involved in arguments and debates as you do as a passionate football broadcaster."

So what? Jesus Christ!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #684 on: July 19, 2016, 11:16:44 PM »
SV have ever considered the immense good Stan has done by shedding light on subject that many people don't understand but is very real in the lives of thousands across the world? It's incredibly insensitive and ignorant on your part to make sweeping statements on a topic you clearly know very little about.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #685 on: July 20, 2016, 11:38:33 AM »
As I said...

You appear to be stating that I need to be better informed on the topic .....Would you like to explain your reasons for that statement and where I am wrong in what I say

When you make a judgment on Stan's mental health (and deem him undeserving of sympathy) based on a comparison of his autobiography with Gazza's, you clearly need to be better informed.  Do you really think that's a sound basis for a fair assessment? Your lack of understanding is clear for all to see.  Your main points seem to be that Gazza has acknowledged his mistakes so deserves sympathy, but Stan hasn't so won't get any until he shows a level of self-loathing and remorse that meets your requirements; and that Stan says whatever suits, he can just turn it on and off like a tap.  So Gazza is "properly" mentally ill and Stan isn't, is that it?  Whether you intended it or not, that is the implication. 

Where are you wrong in what you say?  Only in the words, which betray your ignorance of the topic.  Mental illness comes in many forms and is far too complex and sensitive an area to be treated flippantly.  All you've done is make ignorant comments in support of another poster's ignorant comments.

« Reply #686 on: July 20, 2016, 12:30:46 PM »
SV have ever considered the immense good Stan has done by shedding light on subject that many people don't understand but is very real in the lives of thousands across the world? It's incredibly insensitive and ignorant on your part to make sweeping statements on a topic you clearly know very little about.

I haven't made sweeping statements. I've made one specific point that I think sometimes SVC used his ill health to raise his media profile. I've not made any other statements regarding mental health in general. I am also a healthcare professional and people manager who has on occasion to manage both staff and patients with mental illness, so I do consider myself to be fairly well informed. And before you pick up on this as a stick to beat me with, I have never had complaints from either my organisation, or individual staff or patients regarding my dealings with them with regards to mental health issues. Quite the opposite in fact.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #687 on: July 20, 2016, 12:40:12 PM »
This thread is enough to make you go nuts.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #688 on: July 20, 2016, 12:53:57 PM »

I haven't made sweeping statements. I've made one specific point that I think sometimes SVC used his ill health to raise his media profile. I've not made any other statements regarding mental health in general. I am also a healthcare professional and people manager who has on occasion to manage both staff and patients with mental illness, so I do consider myself to be fairly well informed. And before you pick up on this as a stick to beat me with, I have never had complaints from either my organisation, or individual staff or patients regarding my dealings with them with regards to mental health issues. Quite the opposite in fact.

The already depressed patients must just love it when as you walk by you throw this line at them "Playing the mental illness card again..."

« Reply #689 on: July 20, 2016, 12:59:18 PM »

The already depressed patients must just love it when as you walk by you throw this line at them "Playing the mental illness card again..."

Please re read my last post.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal