collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101223 times)

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #630 on: July 17, 2016, 07:51:07 AM »
I think its a pity that SVC has been dropped from Talksport. He was a Villa voice in a sea of broadcasters who follow cockney clubs (a disproportionate amount of West Ham fans), Man U "fans" and Liverpool "fans" Stan was our lone mouthpiece among the many who seem to ignore our very existence. However, i will not miss his really annoying habit of pluralising. "You got yer Arsenals,yer Man yoos, yer Liverpools, of this world" I swear i once heard him say "you got yer Fergusons, yer  Wengers and yer Benitezis" grrrrrr. Proper pisses me off broadcasters who spout this shite. Yer Ray Parlours is the latest exponent.

This also annoys the bloody life out of me and deserved to be in the off topic annoying things people say thread

I'm fuming just reading it!

Along with the creation of what I assume are clones through the use of the indefinite article; the FA appointing an Allardyce with an Eddie Howe learning alongside him being a recently spouted example. How many Allardyces and Howes are there?

This last one is quite a good, succinct way of saying "an experienced manager with a younger coach alongside him, a really good example of which could be Allardyce and Howe".

I quite like him as a pundit; he's generally fairly considered and got something interesting to say, and does it with a bit of character and passion.  Add to that the fact he's a rare unabashedly pro-Villa voice in the national media, means I'd sooner listen to him than most others.

Plenty of targets for our wrath and ire above SVC for my money.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #631 on: July 19, 2016, 12:30:35 AM »
Great to hear Stan will look to continue as he's one of the best pundits around here's what he has to say in the mirror.
Sounds very interesting and he gets write with such honesty and thought fair play to him I say .

Stan Collymore's column in the mirror

After eight exciting, enjoyable and at times downright argumentative years, my time at talkSPORT finally came to end last week when the offer of a new contract was withdrawn.

The overriding emotion is one of disappointment after giving them so much during that period, at times putting my mental health on the line because of the sheer volume of games I covered, travelling all over the country and getting involved in arguments and debates as you do as a passionate football broadcaster.

I will always be grateful for the opportunity I was given by talkSPORT, although I paid that back to a station which, in all honesty, was the last word in doing things right in the industry when I arrived but is one of the genuine players in the market today.

I’ve had some wonderful messages of support, seemingly in the tens of thousands, from journalists, broadcasters, celebrities and, every bit as importantly, from listeners who’d tune in while out running in Cape Town, driving home from work in Melbourne, or from games at Elland Road and Pride Park.

It has been truly unbelievable.

So what next for me? Well, you will of course still be able to read me in the Sunday People and on Mirror Online but I will also be back on the airwaves soon.

o borrow a Brexiteers’ phrase, ‘I’m going to have more control over what I do’ and that means I won’t be putting myself in the position where somebody can say, ‘Well, because we disagree with your dissent to a degree we’re going to marginalise you’.

There are so many more avenues to do it now and some exciting opportunities in the pipeline. It’s onwards and upwards.

It goes without saying that I wish everybody at talkSPORT the very best of success, but I still think people want Call Collymore, Feist Night and healthy football debate after matches, so long may it all continue.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #632 on: July 19, 2016, 01:23:39 AM »
What a treat that promises to be. For the deaf.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #633 on: July 19, 2016, 01:30:28 AM »
I've made my views on collymore plain in the past, but how do you what all 18 year olds in Cannock think? What about 18 years olds in Swansea? Bristol? And so on.

They'll all be far too busy catching Japanese monster sprites to worry about Stan Collymore.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #634 on: July 19, 2016, 08:12:48 AM »
The control bit sounds like he could be launching a podcast.  A few have made a success of it and collymore is better connected than most.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #635 on: July 19, 2016, 09:42:40 AM »
Playing the mental illness card again...

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2016, 10:59:08 AM »
Yep, acknowledging he suffers from (and therefore raising awareness of) a much misunderstood and underestimated problem it utterly heinous.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #637 on: July 19, 2016, 12:35:32 PM »
Yep, acknowledging he suffers from (and therefore raising awareness of) a much misunderstood and underestimated problem it utterly heinous.

Only when it suits him though...

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #638 on: July 19, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
Sounds like he's finally got the much-coveted sports job at North Norfolk Digital.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #639 on: July 19, 2016, 12:50:53 PM »

Should someone with a disability not mention it then?
Just asking in case I get accused of it at some point...

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #640 on: July 19, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »

Only when it suits him though...

Is there some sort of appropriate "mention it" standard then?
It's obvious you don't like him so just leave it at that would you.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:55:06 PM by Witton Warrior »

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #641 on: July 19, 2016, 12:57:06 PM »

Classy mate, very classy.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #642 on: July 19, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »

Classy mate, very classy.

My thoughts too.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #643 on: July 19, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »
The control bit sounds like he could be launching a podcast.  A few have made a success of it and collymore is better connected than most.

hmm i'm not sure a one-way stan collymore diatribe would really work as a podcast... i think he's at his best when he is doing the phone-ins and/or bouncing off others.

i wouldn't be surprised if collymore did some guest spots on 606 next season. he's not everyone's cup of tea, but neither are ian wright and robbie savage.

and a colin murray/stan collymore 606 would wind up TalkShite...

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #644 on: July 19, 2016, 01:13:37 PM »
After his exploits in France, maybe he fancies himself as some kind of investigative "journaliste" like Roger Cook or Ross Kemp. Or Kevin Turvey

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal