collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101184 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #615 on: July 15, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
I've made my views on collymore plain in the past, but how do you what all 18 year olds in Cannock think? What about 18 years olds in Swansea? Bristol? And so on.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #616 on: July 15, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »
Sorry but Collymore is nothing but a liar and a thug ......... he only says things to suit his PR
Those who disagree with him on Twitter he simply blocks .......
Seems like Talk Sport have simply blocked him now
Any Stan more time for trying to chat up the 18 year olds in Fitness First and to spend at the Chase
He took AVFC for a ride and deserves all he gets ........ how many times has he now been sacked?

You make it sound like Collymore is a serial thug who goes around beating people up, which he isn't from what I know. And if he wants to chat up the ladies, so what?

It does come across as though Leicester Villa has been snubbed by said 18 year old.

Chortle.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #617 on: July 15, 2016, 06:00:38 PM »
quoting Cannock because when it suits him thats where he was based ......... and can only go what my step daughter and friends quoted

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #618 on: July 15, 2016, 06:04:27 PM »
The problem with SVC is he has a massive ego where he thinks the 18 year olds think he is a god ........ they actually see him as a total loser

What he seems to forget is the public in the main see him as:

Someone who takes his anger out on females
Is in the end a failed footballer ...... ability was there but he failed
Sacked by more than one broadcaster e.g. BBC & Talksport
Took his so called club to the cleaners financially
Enjoy pastimes sometimes called dogging
Believes his view is the only view and will block anybody who wishes to disagree e.g. Twitter

In the end he appears to be failing in whatever he seems to do but Im sure its not his fault

From what I'm aware of he had one instance of violence against women which was what nearly 20 years ago? Bad enough, but you can't keep on punishing him forever especially when he's paid his dues.
Failed footballer? Really?
Dogging? Big deal.
Sacked by Talksport because of his stance against Murdoch and his cronies. Fair play to him.
Blocks people on Twitter? Wow, I didn't realise that was a crime.

Good luck to him I say.

Agreed. I never purposely listen to TS but when I've heard him while it's on in somebody's car he's more listenable than any of the other wankers I've accidentally heard.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #619 on: July 15, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
Even trying to ignore my bias because of what I think of him I thought he was crap whenever I listened to him commentate. Talked loads of shite, made up stats about himself, shouted over, and would constantly interrupt to say he was wrong, his co-commentator whenever he disagreed and so on.

Offline Cliftonville Villain

« Reply #620 on: July 15, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »
There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of passion, and during that season of shite, he called it as it was, from Lerner down to the clowns on the pitch. And as for his failings, which he acknowledges himself, Stan would be the first to say that on signing for Villa the stage was set for him to become a legend. The reality of how it panned out was down to Stan himself and his problems at the time. Wasn't sure about that recent interview with Mark Saggers, but on the whole, I agreed with 99% of his views on the Villa.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #621 on: July 15, 2016, 06:48:31 PM »
Stans Collymore talks about his mental problems openly. He doesnt use them to justify any of his past misdemeanors but highlights how his unsettling mind has caused issues. It's a case that he like all of us have struggles and with out the right support or love and understanding even good things can be problems. Collymore is a character who is misunderstood but if you read his book you see how much he has been through and in my opinion it's brilliant he has managed to have a radio career rather than take a darker path. 
I understand others and their opinions ,the more I think about it , but for me it's the persons behaviour not them them self
. Also i prefer to  look more at positives at stans achievements playing and broadcasting.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #622 on: July 15, 2016, 07:28:25 PM »
I think its a pity that SVC has been dropped from Talksport. He was a Villa voice in a sea of broadcasters who follow cockney clubs (a disproportionate amount of West Ham fans), Man U "fans" and Liverpool "fans" Stan was our lone mouthpiece among the many who seem to ignore our very existence. However, i will not miss his really annoying habit of pluralising. "You got yer Arsenals,yer Man yoos, yer Liverpools, of this world" I swear i once heard him say "you got yer Fergusons, yer  Wengers and yer Benitezis" grrrrrr. Proper pisses me off broadcasters who spout this shite. Yer Ray Parlours is the latest exponent.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:31:16 PM by The Edge »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #623 on: July 15, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »
I think its a pity that SVC has been dropped from Talksport. He was a Villa voice in a sea of broadcasters who follow cockney clubs (a disproportionate amount of West Ham fans), Man U "fans" and Liverpool "fans" Stan was our lone mouthpiece among the many who seem to ignore our very existence. However, i will not miss his really annoying habit of pluralising. "You got yer Arsenals,yer Man yoos, yer Liverpools, of this world" I swear i once heard him say "you got yer Fergusons, yer  Wengers and yer Benitezis" grrrrrr. Proper pisses me off broadcasters who spout this shite. Yer Ray Parlours is the latest exponent.

Yer lols.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #624 on: July 15, 2016, 09:19:37 PM »

This also annoys the bloody life out of me and deserved to be in the off topic annoying things people say thread

I'm fuming just reading it!

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #625 on: July 15, 2016, 09:28:57 PM »

This also annoys the bloody life out of me and deserved to be in the off topic annoying things people say thread

Along with the creation of what I assume are clones through the use of the indefinite article; the FA appointing an Allardyce with an Eddie Howe learning alongside him being a recently spouted example. How many Allardyces and Howes are there?

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #626 on: July 15, 2016, 09:43:42 PM »

Along with the creation of what I assume are clones through the use of the indefinite article; the FA appointing an Allardyce with an Eddie Howe learning alongside him being a recently spouted example. How many Allardyces and Howes are there?

In fact it's s good job our neighbours are shit or he'd quote 'the baggies is the saddlers is'

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #627 on: July 15, 2016, 10:11:36 PM »
quoting Cannock because when it suits him thats where he was based ......... and can only go what my step daughter and friends quoted

Ah, OK. So it's not most of the public, it's the view of you, your step daughter and her mates.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #628 on: July 16, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »
I don't rate him as a pudit and think he runs his mouth way too much IMO. But then this is a free country and nothing wrong with a bit of passion.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #629 on: July 17, 2016, 07:13:35 AM »
I agree - anyone berating an ex- footballer for incorrectly using the indefinite article is a bit of an article themselves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal