collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stanley Victor Collymore  (Read 101181 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Stanley Victor Collymore
« Reply #375 on: April 17, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
His co-commentator basically just told him to shut up and let him speak and say why he thought it wasn't a dive by Vardy, collymore thinks it was. Which kind of sums collymore up, loves his own voice and is always right as far as he is concerned, and I don't think that would change regardless of working for the media, working for Villa, or sat at home with a mate.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #376 on: April 17, 2016, 03:06:27 PM »
Don't disagree with that. He does need to shut up once in a while. I don't mind his show with Mark Saggers but as much as I might agree with a lot of what he says, he needs to take a breath and let others speak.

Offline john2710

« Reply #377 on: April 17, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »
I'm highly dubious of his self proclaimed love of all things AVFC.

Collymore is nothing more than a big gob, with little or nothing that qualifies him for any role in football, let alone one in a club that's in the state we are. I can't image Collymore as anything more than someone who would be highly disruptive.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #378 on: April 17, 2016, 03:15:45 PM »
Don't disagree with that. He does need to shut up once in a while. I don't mind his show with Mark Saggers but as much as I might agree with a lot of what he says, he needs to take a breath and let others speak.

Isn't that what TalkSport's all about though? They like their presenters and pundits to be loud and in your face. It's part of the job.
For the record I love hearing Collymore talk about the Villa. Hits the nail on the head time after time, but I doubt if he'll ever get the chance to work for us though. It'd be interesting to see if he could deliver some of the things he claims he could though.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #379 on: April 17, 2016, 03:17:22 PM »

Collymore is nothing more than a big gob, with little or nothing that qualifies him for any role in football, let alone one in a club that's in the state we are. I can't image Collymore as anything more than someone who would be highly disruptive.

I've never understood this - why would anyone claim to be a fan of a football when he secretly isn't?
He's a Villa fan and that's it.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #380 on: April 17, 2016, 03:19:37 PM »

Isn't that what TalkSport's all about though? They like their presenters and pundits to be loud and in your face. It's part of the job.
For the record I love hearing Collymore talk about the Villa. Hits the nail on the head time after time, but I doubt if he'll ever get the chance to work for us though. It'd be interesting to see if he could deliver some of the things he claims he could though.

no absolutely, it's exactly what TS is for. I'd just like to hear another opinion once in a while. It's a minor thing, and like you I find most of what Stan says about Villa accurate. And it's also why I would argue that given a very different role outside of that environment he would have to act with more discretion. Whether or not he could carry it out would be entirely on him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #381 on: April 17, 2016, 03:19:54 PM »
Ok the Marwood example wasn't great. It's something he's mentioned and clearly Marwood was cut out for that given his prior experience. But for the other stuff he's mentioned, I don't see why not. We've been asking to have football knowledge at the club and he has it. And as for prior experience of scouting, it's not like our existing scouting network with all their experience are proving their worth. It would be hard to do worse.

I know things are bad, but I can't believe you're seriously considering this.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #382 on: April 17, 2016, 03:20:06 PM »

I've never understood this - why would anyone claim to be a fan of a football when he secretly isn't?

I was never a fan of those plastic 99p footballs you could buy at garages etc.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #383 on: April 17, 2016, 03:20:48 PM »

Yeh, I've never understood that either. There are lots of clubs to be better affiliated with than Aston Villa if you wanted to just pick a side to very publicly follow.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #384 on: April 17, 2016, 03:24:18 PM »

I was trying to figure out what you were on about until I re-read my post.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2016, 03:42:11 PM »
The one thing that's clear about Collymore is that he can't bear the slightest bit of criticism without flying off the handle. That alone makes him unsuitable for any job at a football club.

I love his obvious passion and confidence. Shame it couldn't be harnessed or even bottled and distributed to others at the club. He would need someone who he greatly respected to keep him in check and protect him from himself and others if he was to ever get an opportunity somewhere.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #386 on: April 17, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »

But what about the Wembley Trophy?

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2016, 04:04:21 PM »
Adidas Kick,Mamba or Samba.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #388 on: April 17, 2016, 04:07:19 PM »
He's apparently posted a tweet with him and Lescott arguing with each other. Seen it on facebook

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #389 on: April 17, 2016, 04:21:58 PM »
He's not shy in his opinion of himself is he, old Stanley?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal