collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Idrissa Gueye - now gone  (Read 163027 times)

Offline Ivo Stas

Re: Idrissa Gueye - now gone
« Reply #1185 on: September 13, 2016, 10:21:37 PM »
Anyone labouring under the illusion that Idrissa Gueye might actually be any good should re-watch that back pass against Man City.

I think only that infamous Curtis Davis 'clearance' rivals it for ineptitude (although Bacuna had a good go with another back pass a few games later).

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1186 on: September 14, 2016, 06:27:20 AM »
Careers aren't (or shouldn't be) defined by any single error.  I'm sure if you could be bothered you could name a team of world beaters together with a video montage of miss hit shots, passes and comedy errors.

If you're content he's shit because of that then so be it.  But I'm backing Koemans judgement (and seemingly most other people who have watched him) over yours.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1187 on: September 14, 2016, 06:48:45 AM »
it's not surprising he looks better this season - he's playing in a useful side as opposed to a shit sandwich

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1188 on: September 18, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »
My Toffee Son-in law just replied to me with this about him.
 he's been outstanding Kip. Fan favourite already and man of the match in every game. Yesterday he was just superb.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1189 on: September 18, 2016, 11:40:48 AM »
Hes gone, get over it!

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1190 on: September 18, 2016, 11:43:23 AM »
Probably more to do with his attitude. He gave up at Villa soon after he arrived and made it clear he had no intention hanging around. May be a fine addition to an established Everton side but a player like that would have been no use to us this season

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #1191 on: September 18, 2016, 12:44:11 PM »
Hes gone, get over it!

For me, it's difficult to get over 'it'. Not particularly with Gana, but the fact that we know that there have been many good players here over recent times, but there something so fundamentally wrong at the club that we couldn't get them playing for us. Worse still, it continues to be so. Something is rotten in the state of Villa Park.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #1192 on: September 18, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »
Hes gone, get over it!

For me, it's difficult to get over 'it'. Not particularly with Gana, but the fact that we know that there have been many good players here over recent times, but there something so fundamentally wrong at the club that we couldn't get them playing for us. Worse still, it continues to be so. Something is rotten in the state of Villa Park.

This is sadly true. Whenever we get a player who's supposed to be ace at x,y or z (be it dribbling, free kick taking, corners whatever) within months they have been dragged down to the level of dross of the rest of the squad. And it seems this happens irrespective of the manager or the coaches.

One could even argue, the same malady affects managers/coaches coaches coming here too.

Maybe if the claret is not the right claret it affects everyone negatively!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1193 on: September 18, 2016, 04:57:22 PM »
Hes gone, get over it!

This is sadly true. Whenever we get a player who's supposed to be ace at x,y or z (be it dribbling, free kick taking, corners whatever) within months they have been dragged down to the level of dross of the rest of the squad. And it seems this happens irrespective of the manager or the coaches.

That is the one thing we definitely have in common with Newcastle - us and them are two clubs who will destroy reputations like this *clicks fingers*

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1194 on: September 18, 2016, 06:57:52 PM »
Hes gone, get over it!

That is the one thing we definitely have in common with Newcastle - us and them are two clubs who will destroy reputations like this *clicks fingers*

Hmmm... not sure about that.

They got £55m for two players who didn't massively stand out in a side that occasionally rivalled us for comedy ineptitude last season. The only way that we get £20m+ for players is if they are the one of the best players in the league when in our colours.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1195 on: September 18, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
Gana started off well last season.

Looking at him now it's probable he just got bogged down with the whole ineptitude last season and he's playing in a much better and more confident team with a clearly defined role.

What I didn't like about him though was how quickly he downed tools as soon as we went 1 down. He would lose the ball and just jog back. Be interesting to see what he's like when Everton go on a poor run. 

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1196 on: September 18, 2016, 11:04:28 PM »

Looking at him now it's probable he just got bogged down with the whole ineptitude last season and he's playing in a much better and more confident team with a clearly defined role.

What I didn't like about him though was how quickly he downed tools as soon as we went 1 down. He would lose the ball and just jog back. Be interesting to see what he's like when Everton go on a poor run. 

And on the basis of seeing their last two games, he's usually got an easy out ball due to them using some witchcraft called "moving of the ball" I think one of the commentators called it?

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #1197 on: September 18, 2016, 11:22:43 PM »

And on the basis of seeing their last two games, he's usually got an easy out ball due to them using some witchcraft called "moving of the ball" I think one of the commentators called it?

What is this of which they speak? Are there others that find space and make themselves available to receive the spherical object so that they can quickly advance? Does such wizardry exist?

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #1198 on: September 19, 2016, 12:08:39 PM »

What is this of which they speak? Are there others that find space and make themselves available to receive the spherical object so that they can quickly advance? Does such wizardry exist?

Such black arts were banished from Villa Park a long long time ago.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1199 on: September 19, 2016, 01:28:37 PM »

Such black arts were banished from Villa Park a long long time ago.

I reckon it's one of those things my dad drones on about, "Nat Lofthouse, shoulder charge, wing-halves, moving off the ball....."

Just white noise these days.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal