collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Idrissa Gueye - now gone  (Read 162647 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Idrissa Gueye - now gone
« Reply #1200 on: September 19, 2016, 08:36:51 PM »
We've had about 8 managers in the last 10 years and none of them have ever come up with anyone imaginative from a throw in. That fits the moving off the ball routine to me.

Winds me up when we get a throw in all the players just stand in their positions waiting for the ball to be thrown rather than someone coming short to receive it and try to drag a defender or two out of position.

Basics that no manager we appoint ever seems interested in.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1201 on: September 23, 2016, 09:29:10 PM »
From an article on the Guardian (where he is hailed as the 'signing of the season so far')

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/23/everton-idrissa-gueye-i-am-a-perfectionist

“...I want to thank my family and friends for supporting me during a very difficult time last season at Aston Villa. It was a difficult period with the results and relegation and afterwards I was waiting for a new club to come in for me. They were all supporting me and praying for me and here we are today. I would also like to say thanks to the manager and Steve and everyone at Everton who made the move happen.”

It must've been so traumatic for him.  How nice that another club came in and saved him from the terrible mess (he and others had caused).

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #1202 on: September 23, 2016, 09:31:57 PM »
From an article on the Guardian (where he is hailed as the 'signing of the season so far')

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/23/everton-idrissa-gueye-i-am-a-perfectionist

“...I want to thank my family and friends for supporting me during a very difficult time last season at Aston Villa. It was a difficult period with the results and relegation and afterwards I was waiting for a new club to come in for me. They were all supporting me and praying for me and here we are today. I would also like to say thanks to the manager and Steve and everyone at Everton who made the move happen.”

It must've been so traumatic for him.  How nice that another club came in and saved him from the terrible mess (he and others had caused).

Oh pass the fuc***g bucket...

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1203 on: September 23, 2016, 09:34:12 PM »

Symptomatic of the shit pit we have become im afraid.

Offline myf

« Reply #1204 on: September 23, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
Poor lamb

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1205 on: September 23, 2016, 09:43:34 PM »
I would have thought it was absolutely horrible for everyone concerned, so the comments seem fair enough to me

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #1206 on: September 23, 2016, 09:44:16 PM »
I reckon he was waiting for another club from about December onwards, the twat.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1207 on: September 23, 2016, 09:46:28 PM »

Just as David platt probably was at Bari. Why on earth wouldn't you?!

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #1208 on: September 23, 2016, 09:51:45 PM »

Huh?  I'm talking about Idrissa Gueye - he who started really well but then lost interest after about 8 games.  Not David Platt, record goal scoring midfielder from an eventually successful period in our history.    I don't know why this has particularly wound me up, I'm pretty immune to this suff these days. 

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1209 on: September 23, 2016, 09:57:52 PM »

Huh?  I'm talking about Idrissa Gueye - he who started really well but then lost interest after about 8 games.  Not David Platt, record goal scoring midfielder from an eventually successful period in our history.    I don't know why this has particularly wound me up, I'm pretty immune to this suff these days.

Good point. Even though he is a knob Platty paid his dues unlike Gueye. I have too many Evertonian friends at the moment. I pray he falls on his arse.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1210 on: September 23, 2016, 10:03:38 PM »
Pray for a cup game against Everton so we can show him that we are better than he gives us credit for.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #1211 on: September 23, 2016, 10:16:24 PM »

To be fair I wanted someone to save me from the nightmare last season, lucky Gana.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #1212 on: September 23, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »
Pray for a cup game against Everton so we can show him that we are better than he gives us credit for.

That's a nice way of looking at it Brian. I wonder when we can start trusting our current squad to start reclaiming stolen pride. I must admit I despair of how long it is taking. My brother played footy with a lad called Brian 'Greeny' Green. He went on to join the RM but don't know what became of him.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1213 on: September 23, 2016, 10:36:07 PM »
There are plenty of scores to be settled Tayls once we get our act back together again and we will.  There are plenty of footballing Greens but alas not I.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #1214 on: September 23, 2016, 10:43:04 PM »
This is the guy people thought we should keep...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:53:33 PM by Stirchley Villain »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal