collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455658 times)

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2715 on: February 27, 2021, 12:55:11 AM »
Nobody, least of all me, has ever claimed that Remi Garde was a brilliant manager.  What is claimed, especially by me, is that he should be treated with respect as anybody in any job is entitled to expect.  Not simply binned off as part of the francophobia that gripped our club.

Agreed, Brian.

When we just about stayed up, I thought we'd bin Sherwood (who should only ever have been a short term solution) and give a new manager some funds to invest in the squad.

I don't think Garde did a good job once he arrived, but the most incredible thing is that I thought we had a chance in 2015/16. Looking at that squad, it is absolutely one set for relegation.

Every year back then felt like a lesson. We escaped, and I liked to think 'right, this is a chance to regroup and make sure this doesn't happen again'. But every summer we got it wrong, and essentially 2010-18 just felt like one constant dropped bollock.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2716 on: February 27, 2021, 09:57:05 AM »
Gabby was running the club. The Manager wasn't backed, the chairman didn't give a fuck and everyone was turning their backs on the whole episode whilst King Agbonlahor did as he pleased and sowed discontent, division and apathy throughout the squad.

In my opinion he should have been removed.

Offline geolex

« Reply #2717 on: February 27, 2021, 01:34:29 PM »
Great at the positional sense as an analyst though. Outstanding even.

Sat on his arse babbling gibbersih.

Difference is Auntie Beeb are paying him now instead of us.

with licence fee cash so ..damn it  ..we are still  (in a way) paying him ..

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #2718 on: February 27, 2021, 10:37:45 PM »
Watching MOTD just wondering how much Villa paid out on Richards and Jenas in total for absolutely nothing in return. We're enjoying better days now but I still get angry.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2719 on: February 27, 2021, 10:56:13 PM »
Great at the positional sense as an analyst though. Outstanding even.

Sat on his arse babbling gibbersih.

Difference is Auntie Beeb are paying him now instead of us.

with licence fee cash so ..damn it  ..we are still  (in a way) paying him ..

Yes. Licence payer funded gibberish.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2720 on: February 27, 2021, 11:00:05 PM »
I know there's the obvious caveat that if it bothers me then don't click on the thread, which is clearly true. However I can't believe we're still talking about this guy. He barely played for us, he was one of lots and lots of people who played a part in taking us down, and there are many more culpable people than he was. Let it go.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2721 on: February 27, 2021, 11:23:39 PM »
Watching MOTD just wondering how much Villa paid out on Richards and Jenas in total for absolutely nothing in return. We're enjoying better days now but I still get angry.

The problem isn't that we paid those two for next to nothing in return, the problem is we could think of another 20 players from a period of 6 or 7 years who fit in that description.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2722 on: February 28, 2021, 05:06:36 AM »
I think it’s his current omni-presence on the media that is causing the discussion. If it was Guzan or Gabby had the same profile it would be the same.

Offline wally58

« Reply #2723 on: May 16, 2021, 12:04:02 AM »
Just watching MOTD best FA Cup finals and Micah Richards asked Gary Lineker about what were his best attributes as he had never seen him play and I thought well we never seen you for the last 3 years of your time with us and you were on £60,000 a week.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #2724 on: May 16, 2021, 12:24:41 AM »
Anyone else see Micah, Shearer and Lineker on the subject of the best ten Premier League centre-backs?

Take a wild guess which Irish no.5 didn't even get a mention!!!

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #2725 on: May 16, 2021, 02:02:20 AM »
Being a Villa fan can bring with it some shocking lows but Paul McGrath being effortless in a Villa shirt is up there with any of the highs. I don't need the validation of a stain on the trunks of the great man to confirm this. Micah fucking Richards shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Paul McGrath.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 02:03:51 AM by Cliftonville Villlain »

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2726 on: May 16, 2021, 03:20:12 AM »
Anyone else see Micah, Shearer and Lineker on the subject of the best ten Premier League centre-backs?

Richard Dunne?

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #2727 on: May 16, 2021, 06:08:01 AM »

Yes I saw that and thought exactly the same.

Richards I can sort of forgive because he is too young to have seen that much from him and he isn't a Villa fan but Shearer and Lineker really ought to know better.

When only three defenders have won the PPOTY, he is one of them and he wasn't included in a top ten, it's just not good enough to be honest.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2728 on: May 16, 2021, 07:26:14 AM »

anything with Micah Richards in and I'm generally not interested - people say he's a great pundit, but how he (and most of the others) played, and the pathetic effort they put in that season means I'll never forgive him, same with Gabby.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2729 on: May 16, 2021, 07:35:51 AM »

Yes I saw that and thought exactly the same.

Richards I can sort of forgive because he is too young to have seen that much from him and he isn't a Villa fan but Shearer and Lineker really ought to know better.

When only three defenders have won the PPOTY, he is one of them and he wasn't included in a top ten, it's just not good enough to be honest.
Paul McGrath was so effortless and excellent in his role which is probably why he didn’t feature. I didn’t watch MOTD so I don’t know who they picked but I’d hazard a guess that it will be the usual “favourites”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal