collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455688 times)

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2655 on: February 20, 2021, 10:11:09 PM »
It's a measure of the two of them that they think it's perfectly normal to discuss the affairs of Aston Villa and all it's dirty washing in the public domain.  They have proved themselves to be totally unfit for purpose for the postitions they held.  Good riddance to the pair of them.
Yep, agree totally with you there.

Whatever either of them say, they were both at the club during the worst period I can remember (started going regularly in 1988/89) and from what I could tell did very little to displace the idea that they were primarily to blame for that state of affairs.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2656 on: February 20, 2021, 11:31:43 PM »
I often wonder what it takes for a player to be called out at times.  Micah Richards was not fit probably when we bought him.  We gave him a four year contract.  Both of those are arguably our fault. 

But from then on in he was nothing short of a complete disgrace to the shirt and the club.  His charge sheet is quite long but is headed up by a captain of our club a captain no less choosing to form a clique of largely British players against young, vulnerable yet talented foreign signings thus aiding and abetting a toxic dressing room when we most needed it to be joined up.  Culminating with his totally unfunny not to mention unprofessional performance on the Bad Santa video that’s let not forget finished with Hutton being given a language book or some such. 

He fcuked off to Dubai instead of staying behind, being humble and helping to promote the club from behind the scenes.  And refused to acknowledge supporters anger at two so called professional players choosing to have a chewing gum spitting contest during a near humiliation away at Wycombe.  And he got paid for doing all this don’t forget.  Fcuk him I say. Most players are well able to engineer a move when it suits them.  Amazing he didn’t find his way out of a £50k a week contract until it expired.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2657 on: February 21, 2021, 12:22:09 AM »
Why should he?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2658 on: February 21, 2021, 12:30:30 AM »
Respect you SE so I’ll accept that bit.  But the rest I stand by. 

richtheholtender

« Reply #2659 on: February 21, 2021, 08:34:11 AM »
I often wonder what it takes for a player to be called out at times.  Micah Richards was not fit probably when we bought him.  We gave him a four year contract.  Both of those are arguably our fault. 

But from then on in he was nothing short of a complete disgrace to the shirt and the club.  His charge sheet is quite long but is headed up by a captain of our club a captain no less choosing to form a clique of largely British players against young, vulnerable yet talented foreign signings thus aiding and abetting a toxic dressing room when we most needed it to be joined up.  Culminating with his totally unfunny not to mention unprofessional performance on the Bad Santa video that’s let not forget finished with Hutton being given a language book or some such. 

He fcuked off to Dubai instead of staying behind, being humble and helping to promote the club from behind the scenes.  And refused to acknowledge supporters anger at two so called professional players choosing to have a chewing gum spitting contest during a near humiliation away at Wycombe.  And he got paid for doing all this don’t forget.  Fcuk him I say. Most players are well able to engineer a move when it suits them.  Amazing he didn’t find his way out of a £50k a week contract until it expired.

I think you’re incorrect on the Wycombe point. If I recall it was actually the total opposite and he was the only one to acknowledge the fans during that game.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2660 on: February 21, 2021, 08:56:38 AM »
If he was such an “influence in the dressing room” then how come we got relegated? Doesn’t sound like the type of influence that created much in the way of a great culture. Like kippax says there’s a long charge sheet against Richards and using his enhanced media profile now to try and rewrite history isn’t going to wash. Like many any others he’ll be remembered as a blot in our history along with far too many others from that period.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2661 on: February 21, 2021, 08:57:55 AM »

I think you’re incorrect on the Wycombe point. If I recall it was actually the total opposite and he was the only one to acknowledge the fans during that game.

But he was the one who had the row with the fans who'd been having a go at Guzan for having a gum spitting contest.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #2662 on: February 21, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
Culminating with his totally unfunny not to mention unprofessional performance on the Bad Santa video that’s let not forget finished with Hutton being given a language book or some such. 

It tells me everything I need to know about what a basket case of a club we were at the time that someone thought it was a good idea to produce that video.  And that somebody else saw it and thought it was a good idea to release it, rather than leave it on the cutting room floor to save the embarrassment.

You'd have thought we were top of the league the way one or two of them were acting - not cast adrift at the bottom.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2663 on: February 21, 2021, 09:18:42 AM »

But he was the one who had the row with the fans who'd been having a go at Guzan for having a gum spitting contest.

Yep, side of the pitch, trying to convince some of our fans that we trying our best. Whilst Guzan and Lescott were embarrassing themselves in the dugout. 

Offline danno

« Reply #2664 on: February 21, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »
Bored enough to look through earlier parts of this thread, as early as November in that season he was giving sit down interviews criticising his team mates.

I don't have a problem with him collecting his money, but I do agree that some of his attempts to rewrite history are annoying.

His knee was shagged, but he makes out like he was Ledley King and was actually quite good only playing once a week.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:20:52 AM by danno »

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #2665 on: February 21, 2021, 10:26:10 AM »
If as reported Richards did influence the snake to change his mind and move to MC then that itself should be remembered what a prick Micah was.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9916884/richards-persuades-delph-over-city-move

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #2666 on: February 23, 2021, 01:56:05 AM »
When it sinks in that the two people whose antics are described above were the team captain and club captain, you really get a sense of just how bad things were then.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2667 on: February 23, 2021, 01:04:51 PM »
If he was such an “influence in the dressing room” then how come we got relegated?

Because he's toxic. He thinks he's a funny man, loves the banter but in reality he's just a disruptive clown. Everything to him was a joke. He was the same at Man City. I remember when we signed him watching 'Micah's Diary' on youtube when marketing at Man City gave him and Lescott video cameras to record a pre-season training camp, it was a sign of things to come.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2668 on: February 23, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »
When it sinks in that the two people whose antics are described above were the team captain and club captain, you really get a sense of just how bad things were then.

and yet if you go on twitter there are plenty of villa fans who tweet at them still about how that video was 'class'.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2669 on: February 23, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »

and yet if you go on twitter there are plenty of villa fans who tweet at them still about how that video was 'class'.

That's because the majority of people on Twitter are twats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal