collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460185 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2610 on: February 18, 2021, 11:32:22 PM »
An awful player, an awful captain and despite his experience an awful mentor to the younger players within the club at that time. Yes the club was rotten from the top down, but he was very much a part of that. It seems he's trying to garner some credibility from his time at Villa where none exists. I don't know what he's like as a pundit because I don't listen to him. Nothing that he has to say about Villa or football in general would mean anything to me.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2611 on: February 19, 2021, 07:42:35 AM »
If there is any truth it again shows the financial lunacy of football, WHU were prepared to spunk £60k a week on a player who admits he can’t play? They didn’t make a call to establish that?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2612 on: February 19, 2021, 08:11:04 AM »
Richards seem to use his big booming laugh as cover for when he can't immediately think of something to say. 

File with Kriss Akabusi and Willie Carson under silly, annoying trademark laughs. He’ll be doing panto next.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2613 on: February 19, 2021, 08:20:34 AM »
Never liked or trusted the bloke from the minute he showed his blue nosed colours by swearing on national tv after his equaliser against us back in the day.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2614 on: February 19, 2021, 08:50:54 AM »
Poor Micah, being asked to stay - you know, to work with the contract he agreed to.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #2615 on: February 19, 2021, 09:32:26 AM »
Never liked or trusted the bloke from the minute he showed his blue nosed colours by swearing on national tv after his equaliser against us back in the day.

Bluenose? Really? He grew up in Leeds.

Offline danno

« Reply #2616 on: February 19, 2021, 09:42:51 AM »
Poor Micah, being asked to stay - you know, to work with the contract he agreed to.

That's about where I am. He's kidding himself if he thinks he wouldn't have been on the West Ham bench within a fortnight.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2617 on: February 19, 2021, 09:54:21 AM »

Was born in Brum I think.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2618 on: February 19, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »

Very rare I agree with you Kippax but I do on this occasion

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2619 on: February 19, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »
For a player supposedly Mr Popular around the dressing room, I recall the only time I got to see him play at Villa Park was the season we were relegated.  We were playing Watford and were two down when he scored.  IIRC, his goal celebration was to leg it back down the Witton End where he stood isolated looking a very lonesome figure with no team-mates around him.

Now it could be argued that still being a goal down he just wanted to get on with it but I thought his behaviour was odd and said so to my lad who said he was thinking the same.  Mr Popularity my arse.

Strangely enough, I bear him no grudge for sitting on his arse and taking the money however unpalatable that was,the culpability for that, as has been said many times, lies squarely on the shoulders of those running the club at the time.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #2620 on: February 19, 2021, 10:26:53 AM »

He was, but if you watch his new Sky documentary on tackling racism all he talks about is growing up in Leeds. He actuality visits the Blues ground to interview some Asian Blues fans yet never makes any mention of having any affinity with them himself. In fact he even laughs at them when the inevitable anti Villa comments slip out.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2621 on: February 19, 2021, 10:29:51 AM »
He's a Leeds fan but also quite likes Arsenal.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2622 on: February 19, 2021, 10:39:03 AM »

He was, but if you watch his new Sky documentary on tackling racism all he talks about is growing up in Leeds. He actuality visits the Blues ground to interview some Asian Blues fans yet never makes any mention of having any affinity with them himself. In fact he even laughs at them when the inevitable anti Villa comments slip out.

He went to school in Wetherby.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2623 on: February 19, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »
Lives in Harrogate now. Or so he said on Tv the other week. (I'm not eastie; I don't know his address or his wife's name)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2624 on: February 19, 2021, 12:36:15 PM »
Lives in Harrogate now. Or so he said on Tv the other week. (I'm not eastie; I don't know his address or his wife's name)
Never seen him round these parts. Perhaps he's in hiding, along with Dolly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal