collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460533 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2535 on: December 22, 2020, 06:06:34 AM »
He was also a shambles on the pitch when he did play. I think it was luton away when he was all over the place and not it in a good way.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2536 on: December 22, 2020, 09:05:29 AM »
Was he ever fully fit when he did play for us ? I'd love to know who forced through the move - was it to appease the straight-talking Sherwood ("If I'm supposed to play all these forrin lads from France I ain't 'eard of, you'd better gimme at least a couple of salt of the earff English pros") or if it was our Fantastic Mr "False Narrative" Fox*?

*Hang on, did Tom invent fake news?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2537 on: December 22, 2020, 09:13:11 AM »
I will always ask this question. What did he actually do wrong in his time with us? He was with us at one of the worst times in our history, on a contract that no professional footballer with a lengthy injury history would have turned down. His contract perfectly embodied our club at the time. Stupid decision after stupid decision. But he never said a bad word about us and still never has about his time with us. In fact the contrary, he is generally very complimentary when asked. But if you want to dislike players from that era, he comes a long way down the list given many of the others who legitimately soiled our proud colours.

Captain of our worst team in 30 years. An utterly appalling player for us when he did play.

We had lots of shit players in that time. He was no worse than most of them. I would never put him in the same bracket as Collins and Dunne for example and some of the outright shit they pulled. The whole place was a cesspit as we spiralled out of control. Richards gets blasted because he didn’t walk away from a lucrative contract. Fuck that. I wouldn’t have from clowns running a multi million pound business.

The same Richard Dunne that made the EPL team of the year while with us? Both Dunne and Collins, , whatever about their off pitch activities, certainly did the business for us on the field. Something Richards never did. He must be the worst high profile centre half to have ever played for us and certainly the worst captain.

Sherwood was looking to bring in "characters" if I recall at the time.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2538 on: December 22, 2020, 09:18:59 AM »
Well I’m not his biggest fan but I understand he was a popular character behind the scenes. Not that it really helped much.

He’s definitely nowhere near the worse pundit on MOD. The main problem with most is they only scratch the surface of the team and like Michael Owen’s comments the other day regarding our last two transfer window’s it’s basically a load of bollocks.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2539 on: December 22, 2020, 09:28:16 AM »
I will always ask this question. What did he actually do wrong in his time with us? He was with us at one of the worst times in our history, on a contract that no professional footballer with a lengthy injury history would have turned down. His contract perfectly embodied our club at the time. Stupid decision after stupid decision. But he never said a bad word about us and still never has about his time with us. In fact the contrary, he is generally very complimentary when asked. But if you want to dislike players from that era, he comes a long way down the list given many of the others who legitimately soiled our proud colours.

Captain of our worst team in 30 years. An utterly appalling player for us when he did play.

We had lots of shit players in that time. He was no worse than most of them. I would never put him in the same bracket as Collins and Dunne for example and some of the outright shit they pulled. The whole place was a cesspit as we spiralled out of control. Richards gets blasted because he didn’t walk away from a lucrative contract. Fuck that. I wouldn’t have from clowns running a multi million pound business.

The same Richard Dunne that made the EPL team of the year while with us? Both Dunne and Collins, , whatever about their off pitch activities, certainly did the business for us on the field. Something Richards never did. He must be the worst high profile centre half to have ever played for us and certainly the worst captain.

Sherwood was looking to bring in "characters" if I recall at the time.

We've had a number of bad players; none of whom (rightly) receive the level of vitriol that Richards does.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2540 on: December 22, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »
I thought Richards started the season ok for us but after about 6-7 games it was clear that the partnership with Lescott didn't work and that his positioning wasn't good enough to play central. As the season went on he got worse and as captain he should've been part of bringing the squad together whereas he appeared to be a big part of the group that pushed the french players aside. The years that followed are tough because he was clearly never fit enough to play but I don't blame him for seeing out his contract.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2541 on: December 22, 2020, 10:34:58 AM »
According to an article he did on the Beeb website a year or so back, when he was starting out as a regular pundit, he did ask us to let him go a couple of times when other clubs came in for him (West Ham or Sunderland I think) and we refused which baffled him as he wasn't getting a look-in by then. Brucey also thought he was useful to have in the dressing room.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2542 on: December 22, 2020, 12:05:35 PM »
He was supposed to be one of the senior players helping integrate young players in to a new culture and country. Instead he took the piss out of them and helped create the toxic divide.

He can fuck off with his dumb grin.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2543 on: December 22, 2020, 10:31:33 PM »
The hanging around bit isnt the issue it was the clown like performances and attitude that made me dislike him. For three local lads to be the three biggest idiots in that relegation team then they deserve all the stick they get.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:18:52 AM by London Villan »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2544 on: December 22, 2020, 10:43:20 PM »
It’s all good and well being a leader when things are going well as they did for most of the time under MON. But when we needed actual leadership, when things started to erode and ultimately fall apart both Dunne and Collins were prize wankers.

Richards barely played for us and when he did I don’t think he embarrassed himself with his play. He was never going to be the player he was at Man City. We bought damaged goods. And I’m sure Dim Sherwood wanted English content as captain as well with all those foreigners coming in so I imagine that player into why he got the armband.

The whole thing was a shit show.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2545 on: December 22, 2020, 11:33:24 PM »
There’s not many who have come through the last ten years prior to Bruce arriving with a great deal of credit to be fair. It must be only be a handful. That’s maybe the one area I can give Bruce some praise. He did manage to change the mentality and direction we were heading. When we signed Terry and had Snodgrass on loan it started to feel like we had winners again.

Offline Morleys left boot

« Reply #2546 on: December 23, 2020, 12:22:31 AM »
Ok so he was a real disappointment  but he should never have been here in the first place ,but the club was being run by a right load of shite hawkes
It still amazes me how these players get jobs on t.v telling everyone how it should be done !

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2547 on: December 23, 2020, 07:22:37 AM »
He strikes me as a nice bloke , and also not an an idiot - would you turn down four years of £60k per week?

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #2548 on: December 23, 2020, 08:54:09 AM »
The Dunne and Collins comparison is ridiculous.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2549 on: December 23, 2020, 08:56:24 AM »
Why?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal