collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460250 times)

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2520 on: December 21, 2020, 09:45:38 PM »
Exactly, what Micah Richards fails to mention was he was then the Captain of the most disgraceful season of our 146 year history. Of course the crowd were on their backs and rightly so.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2521 on: December 21, 2020, 09:58:29 PM »
Maybe against the grain here but I actually think he comes across very well as a pundit. He has a likeable personality and a lovely beaming smile.

I think he’s decent too.  Jenus and Mcmanaman are the ones that grind my gears.  And Murphy.  Maybe Micah just seems good compared to them.
That’s a low bar to get over, Murphy is a bloody idiot and Jenus is just so tame.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2522 on: December 21, 2020, 10:01:35 PM »
Trying to think who I don’t mind at the moment 🤔

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2523 on: December 21, 2020, 10:03:59 PM »
Actually Roy Keane is ok

Online Mellin

« Reply #2524 on: December 21, 2020, 10:41:25 PM »
17 points, Micah. Of course we were angry and quick to turn.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2525 on: December 21, 2020, 10:44:00 PM »
Maybe against the grain here but I actually think he comes across very well as a pundit. He has a likeable personality and a lovely beaming smile.

Me too.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2526 on: December 21, 2020, 10:48:12 PM »

He comes across as a decent happy go lucky chap. Doesn’t make him a good pundit, football commentator though. His levels of analysis and articulation are fucking awful.

He just laughs a lot

Yup like.Saint back in the day except St lJohn at east laughed at Greaves puns.

A terrible pundit. And one of the worst leeches and stains on Villa in our history and bearing in mind the competition it is an achievement.

Go and look at Santa Richard's from 5 years ago on YT

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2527 on: December 21, 2020, 10:53:29 PM »
Well he's certainly more cheerful than that miserable idiot Danny Murphy, but I'm not sure laughing is much of a substitute for actual incisive comment.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2528 on: December 21, 2020, 10:56:14 PM »
I know Murphy gets plenty of stick for his Father Stone delivery but he did a wonderful tribute to Houllier last week, well worth a listen.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2529 on: December 21, 2020, 11:15:30 PM »
I will always ask this question. What did he actually do wrong in his time with us? He was with us at one of the worst times in our history, on a contract that no professional footballer with a lengthy injury history would have turned down. His contract perfectly embodied our club at the time. Stupid decision after stupid decision. But he never said a bad word about us and still never has about his time with us. In fact the contrary, he is generally very complimentary when asked. But if you want to dislike players from that era, he comes a long way down the list given many of the others who legitimately soiled our proud colours.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2530 on: December 21, 2020, 11:17:45 PM »
I will always ask this question. What did he actually do wrong in his time with us? He was with us at one of the worst times in our history, on a contract that no professional footballer with a lengthy injury history would have turned down. His contract perfectly embodied our club at the time. Stupid decision after stupid decision. But he never said a bad word about us and still never has about his time with us. In fact the contrary, he is generally very complimentary when asked. But if you want to dislike players from that era, he comes a long way down the list given many of the others who legitimately soiled our proud colours.

Agreed.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2531 on: December 21, 2020, 11:23:27 PM »

There was the row with the fans who had taken exception to Guzan having a gum-spitting competition.

edit to expand a bit. That whole season was exceptionally toxic, so perhaps he is guilty by association.  Lescott was the really bad influence in the dressing room, and I think that incident in the match against Wigan when Richards took his side made him look like another wrong 'un, perhaps unfairly.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:33:35 PM by Risso »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2532 on: December 21, 2020, 11:33:04 PM »

Captain of our worst team in 30 years. An utterly appalling player for us when he did play.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2533 on: December 22, 2020, 01:16:15 AM »
Listening to the cleverly named ‘Monday Night Club’ on 5 Live tonight. Micah Richards saying we’ve probably played better this season because of the lack of crowds as we normally show our frustration as a crowd if things aren’t going well after the first 20 minutes.

Would that be based on our scintillating recent home form?

He’s a terrible pundit. Can barely articulate a sentence. That said, he’s everywhere, Sky, MOTD and 5 live. He’s also writing articles for the BBC. Take a break Micah son.

Or get a new pack of crayons. Ones that think and speak for him as well, ideally.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 01:18:33 AM by KevinGage »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2534 on: December 22, 2020, 05:21:38 AM »

Captain of our worst team in 30 years. An utterly appalling player for us when he did play.

We had lots of shit players in that time. He was no worse than most of them. I would never put him in the same bracket as Collins and Dunne for example and some of the outright shit they pulled. The whole place was a cesspit as we spiralled out of control. Richards gets blasted because he didn’t walk away from a lucrative contract. Fuck that. I wouldn’t have from clowns running a multi million pound business.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal