collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458586 times)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2505 on: May 26, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »
I think the Watford game at home where we actually played okay and still managed to lose 3-2 was when I knew for certain we were down.

Until then I kept telling myself "we string two wins in a row together and you never know". That's when I gave up.

I was at that game, my birthday and you're correct we didn't play too badly and it was looking good for us until their goalkeeper Gomes got injured and he was down for a very long time.  We never got our momentum back afterwards.  It was then I knew we'd had it and iirc, I mentioned it to Cheltenham Lion in a conversation we had later.

Offline danno

« Reply #2506 on: May 28, 2020, 10:10:39 AM »
Sorry to bump this but I've seen the Leicester defeat mentioned a few times as a crucial turning point for both sides and I just think it's completely bogus.

They ended the previous season as the form team in the division 7 wins 1 draw 1 defeat from their last nine league games.  As for the game against us they won 1 of their next 4 league games.

It was definitely a crucial point in our season, but I doubt you'll find many Leicester fans who share that view.

And I really scoff at the idea that a team with a spine of Schmeichael Huth Kante and Vardy would have tailspinned if we'd won that game.

Or that a team with a centre back pairing of Lescott and Richards wouldn't have eventually found itself 15th or lower.

Get in a time machine bribe the referee, we were still going down that season because individually collectively (all the lees!) that team was utter garbage.

Sorry rant over.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2507 on: June 17, 2020, 11:41:25 PM »
To be fair to Micah  he was speaking well today on Football and society matters on sky sports
Fair play to him on his comments today I say

Offline villabear

« Reply #2508 on: December 21, 2020, 08:37:30 PM »
Listening to the cleverly named ‘Monday Night Club’ on 5 Live tonight. Micah Richards saying we’ve probably played better this season because of the lack of crowds as we normally show our frustration as a crowd if things aren’t going well after the first 20 minutes.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2509 on: December 21, 2020, 08:41:27 PM »
Listening to the cleverly named ‘Monday Night Club’ on 5 Live tonight. Micah Richards saying we’ve probably played better this season because of the lack of crowds as we normally show our frustration as a crowd if things aren’t going well after the first 20 minutes.

Would that be based on our scintillating recent home form?

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #2510 on: December 21, 2020, 08:45:06 PM »

Would that be based on our scintillating recent home form?

He’s a terrible pundit. Can barely articulate a sentence. That said, he’s everywhere, Sky, MOTD and 5 live. He’s also writing articles for the BBC. Take a break Micah son.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2511 on: December 21, 2020, 08:55:52 PM »
Last night they were praising Justin and Albrighton and he turned the conversation around to how it reminded him of himself and Milner. Talk about inflating your own ego.

We’ve been shit for years, it’s no wonder the crowd have been a bit impatient and he was not exactly a rock in our defence was he?

Online Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #2512 on: December 21, 2020, 09:18:26 PM »
Dion was too much of a gentleman to ask him "What fucking planet are you on?".

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2513 on: December 21, 2020, 09:25:22 PM »
Maybe against the grain here but I actually think he comes across very well as a pundit. He has a likeable personality and a lovely beaming smile.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #2514 on: December 21, 2020, 09:34:16 PM »
Maybe against the grain here but I actually think he comes across very well as a pundit. He has a likeable personality and a lovely beaming smile.

He comes across as a decent happy go lucky chap. Doesn’t make him a good pundit, football commentator though. His levels of analysis and articulation are fucking awful.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2515 on: December 21, 2020, 09:37:07 PM »

I think he’s decent too.  Jenus and Mcmanaman are the ones that grind my gears.  And Murphy.  Maybe Micah just seems good compared to them.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2516 on: December 21, 2020, 09:37:23 PM »

Definitely. Better than loads of them.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2517 on: December 21, 2020, 09:37:53 PM »

He comes across as a decent happy go lucky chap. Doesn’t make him a good pundit, football commentator though. His levels of analysis and articulation are fucking awful.

He just laughs a lot

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #2518 on: December 21, 2020, 09:42:17 PM »

That old cliche

Someone should remind him of his defensive display at Luton

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #2519 on: December 21, 2020, 09:45:00 PM »
I absolutely can't stand the bloke.  I hate the way he has kind of been able to get himself instated on TV as a wannabee Manchester City 'legend' when it comes to commenting on their games and, even worse, that he also presents himself to the watching world as having 'played' (I use the word loosely) for Aston Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal