collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460335 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #2130 on: January 01, 2019, 09:06:09 AM »
Is there anything born in Leeds that has never let us down?

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2131 on: January 01, 2019, 09:45:12 AM »
One broke our hearts.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #2132 on: January 01, 2019, 01:21:06 PM »
It's always been deliciously intriguing why the club has operated such a news blackout on him, The most I've heard Bruce comment was that he wasn't fit enough to play which is a sort of nothing statement. If someone at the club did sign him up after he failed a medical so we couldn't insure him, then surely those responsible are long gone and any embarrassment factor null and voided? Then you've got the media blackout, and considering it all went tits up for us last summer surely some journo would have run the Richards story under the financial mismanagement angle but not a dickie-bird. Very odd.

Wasn't their a story on him a few months ago? Apparently he still comes in to Bodymoor to train as his contract states he has to but he dosen't even train with the first team group now.

I just assume his knee is totally gone hence he wouldn't pass a medical so no interest in him from any club.

That can’t be the case. If he was finished because of his knee, it would be announced by the club and we would claim on the insurance. Unless his knee was uninsurable at the time we signed him

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2133 on: January 01, 2019, 02:20:16 PM »
It's always been deliciously intriguing why the club has operated such a news blackout on him, The most I've heard Bruce comment was that he wasn't fit enough to play which is a sort of nothing statement. If someone at the club did sign him up after he failed a medical so we couldn't insure him, then surely those responsible are long gone and any embarrassment factor null and voided? Then you've got the media blackout, and considering it all went tits up for us last summer surely some journo would have run the Richards story under the financial mismanagement angle but not a dickie-bird. Very odd.

Wasn't their a story on him a few months ago? Apparently he still comes in to Bodymoor to train as his contract states he has to but he dosen't even train with the first team group now.

I just assume his knee is totally gone hence he wouldn't pass a medical so no interest in him from any club.

That can’t be the case. If he was finished because of his knee, it would be announced by the club and we would claim on the insurance. Unless his knee was uninsurable at the time we signed him
I think that is point that several above have made: that DimTim bought a lemon knowing that it would put the club at risk.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #2134 on: January 15, 2019, 12:16:48 PM »
Celtic being linked with him in The Birmingham mail how ridiculas is that wish it was true 

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #2135 on: January 15, 2019, 12:22:04 PM »
Please let it be true

Offline manic-road

« Reply #2136 on: January 15, 2019, 01:39:25 PM »
I just hope that no one from Celtic are looking at this thread and seeing what a world class talent and England international Micah Richards is or they will be putting in an offer over a fiver which may tempt the board to letting this huge talent leave.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2137 on: January 15, 2019, 01:41:08 PM »
Unless Celtic are booking Santa early this year for thier Christmas party I think we can safely ignore.

Offline achilles

« Reply #2138 on: January 15, 2019, 01:50:45 PM »
Sums up the Birmingham Mail, all for click bait!

He bloody well wouldn't know what a football is anymore!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2139 on: January 15, 2019, 02:31:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure we can't force him to quit and claim insurance on him unless he agrees to quit. I'm also pretty sure at least one doctor wrote Paul McGrath off and Ferguson was happy to take the insurance but McGrath wouldn't go along with it.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #2140 on: January 29, 2019, 11:05:46 PM »
So it's a persistent knee injury that has prevented him from both playing or being moved on.

The report states "Richards has a persistent meniscus problem in his right knee - it can swell through exercise "  and "he is expected to reluctantly bring an end to his efforts once his Villa deal runs out in June".

He likely to stop altogether end of season according to report .

He's that chronic injured hes due to retirement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6641229/Aston-Villas-Micah-Richards-heading-retirement-football.html

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #2141 on: January 29, 2019, 11:19:46 PM »
RIP Micha, he’s skeepin’ wiv da angles now XX

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #2142 on: January 29, 2019, 11:21:36 PM »
So why doesn’t he retire now, get a payout and we can presumably claim on whatever player insurance we have?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2143 on: January 29, 2019, 11:35:12 PM »
Club haven't binned him as it affects insurance it seems.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #2144 on: January 30, 2019, 07:11:54 AM »
Interesting article, presumably written from a Micah perspective, but the insight into us not wanting to let him go until the end of the contract is key - it would appear we can then do a claim maybe?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal