collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460650 times)

Offline achilles

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #2115 on: December 31, 2018, 05:10:59 PM »
Because the money is all that matters to them?  The game, their pride, their self respect, their reputation are as nothing compared with the heap of money that will inevitably be wasted one way or another.

Exactly, I just couldn't envisage myself taking the piss like this!

Is it 4 years that he has done absolutely sod all, not even got his coaching badges to help the youngsters, he has done absolutely nothing except be a blood sucking parasite on the club!

A player that I hope eventually he gets his just rewards in life!

You’re not in his shoes though where he’s getting paid as much in a week as many get paid in a year.

If he can’t play again then no other club will want him. If the club offers him a “deal” to leave it’s hardly going to be what they are paying him now. So from Richards’ standpoint he is well within his right to use the facility his employer has contractually allowed him access to. And the PFA will back him fully so the club seemingly can’t do anything about it. Which given how long it has now been appears very much to be the case.

We fucked up. We should never have made this deal and certainly not for as long. I hope we never commit ourselves to contracts like this again.

You are absolutely right I am not in his shoes but I have more integrity in my little finger than he has in his whole body!

Would I feel guilty doing what he has done for the last few years, YES I f**king well would and I wouldn't feel happy about it at all, so I would offer my services in some other capacity even if it was just cutting the bloody grass!

Of course he is well within his 'rights' to just sit on his arse at home counting his millions, but it still doesn't make it right or set any sort of example to people who look up to football players!

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #2116 on: December 31, 2018, 05:13:53 PM »
He could forge a career as a Championship referee with little effort aswell.

I didn't realise he was blind.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2117 on: December 31, 2018, 05:35:04 PM »
Because the money is all that matters to them?  The game, their pride, their self respect, their reputation are as nothing compared with the heap of money that will inevitably be wasted one way or another.

Is it 4 years that he has done absolutely sod all, not even got his coaching badges to help the youngsters, he has done absolutely nothing except be a blood sucking parasite on the club!

You’re not in his shoes though where he’s getting paid as much in a week as many get paid in a year.

If he can’t play again then no other club will want him. If the club offers him a “deal” to leave it’s hardly going to be what they are paying him now. So from Richards’ standpoint he is well within his right to use the facility his employer has contractually allowed him access to. And the PFA will back him fully so the club seemingly can’t do anything about it. Which given how long it has now been appears very much to be the case.

We fucked up. We should never have made this deal and certainly not for as long. I hope we never commit ourselves to contracts like this again.

if it was as simple as a long term injury ruling him out of never playing again they would just say we would all understand that these things happen

there is something else going on I’ve no idea what it is but it’s just not that simple imo

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2118 on: December 31, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »

if it was as simple as a long term injury ruling him out of never playing again they would just say we would all understand that these things happen

there is something else going on I’ve no idea what it is but it’s just not that simple imo

He's not injured at all, so I'm told by a reliable source.  The knee thing is a load of bollocks. 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2119 on: December 31, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »
I wish I had a reliable source

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #2120 on: December 31, 2018, 09:08:03 PM »
He’s sitting out his contract because he’s not fit enough/no one else will pay his wages. Simple really

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2121 on: December 31, 2018, 09:32:19 PM »
It's always been deliciously intriguing why the club has operated such a news blackout on him, The most I've heard Bruce comment was that he wasn't fit enough to play which is a sort of nothing statement. If someone at the club did sign him up after he failed a medical so we couldn't insure him, then surely those responsible are long gone and any embarrassment factor null and voided? Then you've got the media blackout, and considering it all went tits up for us last summer surely some journo would have run the Richards story under the financial mismanagement angle but not a dickie-bird. Very odd.

Wasn't their a story on him a few months ago? Apparently he still comes in to Bodymoor to train as his contract states he has to but he dosen't even train with the first team group now.

I just assume his knee is totally gone hence he wouldn't pass a medical so no interest in him from any club.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2122 on: December 31, 2018, 09:36:08 PM »
but we don't know if he is injured

if he was why don't they say he'l not play again,
 that would surely take some of the heat of him as it would be the reason for his long term no show

That we have played three right backs at centre half for the last three games, together with recalling a third choice centre half from a loan would suggest he’s not in the most stellar of football health.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2123 on: December 31, 2018, 09:39:07 PM »
He's got to be up there in the top five worst signings the club has ever made.

Absolute leech.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2124 on: December 31, 2018, 10:05:46 PM »
Guy on the other site reckons he's spent 18 months trying to prove his body wrong, but unfortunately for him he's done and won't play professional football again.

Supposedly very well liked etc. I have a sympathy of a degree, where regardless of what he's earnt, and he will leave the game a rich man, he's physically incapable of doing the job he loves and apparently has been since October 2012. That's a tough thing to deal with when you think you're in your prime years.

It's a tough business to crack and he's certainly drained us all of enough coin that is for certain, but none of us played football in our back gardens as children and dreamt about daft hair cuts and AMG Blacks.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2125 on: December 31, 2018, 10:10:54 PM »
I do wonder if all that working out and becoming very un-football player like fucked him up along with the other serious injuries he’s had in his career? All that extra muscle can’t help with flexibility. There is no doubt he was an excellent prospect at Man City and for a while looked like he could be the England RB or CB for a while to come.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2126 on: December 31, 2018, 10:12:26 PM »
but we don't know if he is injured

if he was why don't they say he'l not play again,
 that would surely take some of the heat of him as it would be the reason for his long term no show

That we have played three right backs at centre half for the last three games, together with recalling a third choice centre half from a loan would suggest he’s not in the most stellar of football health.

Smith when he first arrived, in BirminghamLive
Dean Smith will monitor the fitness of Micah Richards in the coming months but admits he’s still some way off the pace at this stage.

...and will not be considered by Smith in the near future.

Richards has serious problems with his knee which is why former boss Steve Bruce chose not to select him.

Smith agrees that he’s also not at the level required to feature in the Championship.

I've come round to thinking that we took a huge gamble on him not being an irreparable crock, and we lost.

Four year contract. Jeez, what the hell were they thinking?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2127 on: December 31, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »
Can only surmise that Sherwood pushed for his signing and as long as he got his "top, British professionals", in Richards and Lescott, he would put-up with the bevvy of Ligue 1 lads we decided to buy that summer.
Sherwood came out recently saying he didn't have a clue about any of the French players, he couldn't even remember/didn't know Henrik Almstad's surname. I blame him more than Micah for the transfer and a large part of our relegation can be put down to Tim the Twat.

Richards is able to talk to clubs from tomorrow, no doubt he'll be fighting them off with a shitty stick.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2128 on: December 31, 2018, 11:31:50 PM »
Can only surmise that Sherwood pushed for his signing and as long as he got his "top, British professionals", in Richards and Lescott, he would put-up with the bevvy of Ligue 1 lads we decided to buy that summer.
Sherwood came out recently saying he didn't have a clue about any of the French players, he couldn't even remember/didn't know Henrik Almstad's surname. I blame him more than Micah for the transfer and a large part of our relegation can be put down to Tim the Twat.

Richards is able to talk to clubs from tomorrow, no doubt he'll be fighting them off with a shitty stick.

Remember reading that tripe from Sherwood recently. Fucking laughable. Likes of Amavi, Gueye, Traore and Veretout have all done ok post Villa. It was his buddies Lescott and Richards who used it as a pension fund.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #2129 on: January 01, 2019, 09:02:58 AM »
I wish someone would challenge sherwood on this

All those "data boys" signings have gone on to better things

Gestede, lescott, Richards were all rubbish

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal