collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460314 times)

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1935 on: June 19, 2018, 09:30:37 PM »
Well if you bothered to read my previous comment, you wouldn't have needed to ask.

If I hadn't bothered to read your previous comment, how would I have know you'd commented and replied to it? Come on fella, think it through.

So what part of "the club will take action if possible"  did you not understand?

Now who needs to think it through?

Well, clearly still you. Because that was talking about the real world "he knows the club will take action if possible".

Whereas the comment I replied to started "If I had my way...." and so was talking about what you would do. For example, you said for you it didn't matter whether he knew what he was doing or not, which clearly wouldn't be acceptable in employment law.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1936 on: June 19, 2018, 09:32:45 PM »
Well if you bothered to read my previous comment, you wouldn't have needed to ask.

If I hadn't bothered to read your previous comment, how would I have know you'd commented and replied to it? Come on fella, think it through.

So what part of "the club will take action if possible"  did you not understand?

Well, clearly still you. Because that was talking about the real world "he knows the club will take action if possible".

Whereas the comment I replied to started "If I had my way...." and so was talking about what you would do.

Seriously mate, haven't you got anything better to do than post this pedantic drivel?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1937 on: June 19, 2018, 09:33:52 PM »

Whereas the comment I replied to started "If I had my way...." and so was talking about what you would do.

Seriously mate, haven't you got anything better to do than post this pedantic drivel?

Says the man who's ranting on an internet forum over a bloke making a hand signal.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1938 on: June 19, 2018, 09:35:58 PM »
How about if if was Chester and Grealish doing it, would you want them sacked as well?

Grealish would never have done it.  If Chester had done it, I would want something done about it.  Whether I'd want him sacked or not is debatable.

So no then. Which means, as I expected, you want the club to use this as an excuse to get rid of a player you don't like and completely bypass all forms of contract and employment law.  Why not say that rather than pretending to be offended by something you didn't even know existed 2 days ago.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1939 on: June 19, 2018, 09:41:10 PM »
How about if if was Chester and Grealish doing it, would you want them sacked as well?

Grealish would never have done it.  If Chester had done it, I would want something done about it.  Whether I'd want him sacked or not is debatable.

So no then. Which means, as I expected, you want the club to use this as an excuse to get rid of a player you don't like and completely bypass all forms of contract and employment law.  Why not say that rather than pretending to be offended by something you didn't even know existed 2 days ago.

BECAUSE I DID NOT SAY I WANTED TO BYPASS EMPLOYMENT LAW.

I said if possible and if I had my way.  I don't know how I can make it any clearer.

Think about it:

Club in dire straights - Player on mega money but not part of the squad - Possible opportunity to get rid.

Durrrrrr - That's a tough one.  What shall we do.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1940 on: June 19, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »
Tell him if he is going to play shadow puppets, try the rabbit or duck, it gets you into less trouble.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1941 on: June 19, 2018, 09:59:02 PM »
I actually think it's sweetly naive that he feels the need to get all defensive and apologetic on social media as if most Villa fans are going to be more incensed about some bizarre hand gesture than, amongst other things, his total lack of application in the job for which he is paid millions.

I think it's more to do with the potential of repercussions from the club.

He knows what he has done is inflammatory and he knows the club will take action if possible.

I think he's just covering his own arse (or more specifically, his own pay packet).

You say that, but i nor any supporter i know had a clue what that hand sign was. Not one clue. So to assume that buffoon did seems odd to me.

He's many many things, but i'm 100% he had no idea what that poxy sign meant like the majority of people outside of a pub in Small Heath probably

I didn't say that he knew what he was doing and quite frankly, I don't care whether he did or didn't.  I said he (now) know's what he has done.

As a Villa fan, I take great offence that one of our players demonstrates anything publicly that appears to associate with our fiercest rivals.  That it came from the parasite that is Richards, makes it even worse.

Thinking of Birmingham City makes my stomach turn.  I absolutely hate the horrible, scummy, low life b%stards.  If I had my way, Richards would be sacked on the spot for that, regardless of whether he knew what he was doing or not.

I'd get a sense of proportion if I were you.

Each to their own eh Dave?

Actually, no. I'm ultimately responsible for everything that's said on here and I do not want to be associated with this sort of comment. If you want to make it, do so somewhere else.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1942 on: June 19, 2018, 10:00:56 PM »

I must admit whether I am personally offended by the gesture or not (I'm not) if there was an opportunity to use it to get rid then I'd absolutely take it without any feeling of guilt.

Of course it's hypothetical as I think we all know it would never stand up as a sackable offence.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1943 on: June 19, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »

I must admit whether I am personally offended by the gesture or not (I'm not) if there was an opportunity to use it to get rid then I'd absolutely take it without any feeling of guilt.

Of course it's hypothetical as I think we all know it would never stand up as a sackable offence.

It's possibly inappropriate behaviour that could cost him 2 weeks wages - That's most likely the reason behind his public posts.  The second one actually appears to contradict the first.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1944 on: June 19, 2018, 10:20:09 PM »

I said if possible and if I had my way.  I don't know how I can make it any clearer.

Think about it:

Club in dire straights - Player on mega money but not part of the squad - Possible opportunity to get rid.

There is nothing we can do, so it's pointless, but I guess that's a tough thing for you to understand, maybe I should put it in caps.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1945 on: June 19, 2018, 10:24:33 PM »

Think about it:

There is nothing we can do, so it's pointless, but I guess that's a tough thing for you to understand, maybe I should put it in caps.

Out of interest, how many threads on here actually incorporate the ability for us to do something?  The Grealish transfer saga perhaps?  Summer transfers?

The clue is in the title of the forum: "Heroes Discussion".  It is a facility to discuss all things Villa and I posted an opinion about Richards.  Putting this in caps will likely not help for it to sink in with you but maybe if you go away and think about it for half an hour or so?

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1946 on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:15 PM »

Think about it:

Out of interest, how many threads on here actually incorporate the ability for us to do something?  The Grealish transfer saga perhaps?  Summer transfers?

The clue is in the title of the forum: "Heroes Discussion".  It is a facility to discuss all things Villa and I posted an opinion about Richards.  Putting this in caps will likely not help for it to sink in with you but maybe if you go away and think about it for half an hour or so?

Not many of the threads involve the level of nonsense you've posted on here in the last hour or so though.  It's quite cute that you're trying to be condescending though.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1947 on: June 19, 2018, 10:29:57 PM »
Perhaps i should have suggested we give Richards a pay rise?

Offline paul_e

« Reply #1948 on: June 19, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »
That's not quite as stupid as suggesting we sack him because of a picture of him making a sign you didn't know existed that you've decided to now be offended by.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1949 on: June 19, 2018, 11:01:17 PM »
That's not quite as stupid as suggesting we sack him because of a picture of him making a sign you didn't know existed that you've decided to now be offended by.

Regrettably, it is you who is being stupid or at best silly.

I did not suggest we sack him nor do you know what I knew before the picture was publicised.  You just added those two claims to your posts to try to add value to them.

I'm personally offended by the mere mention of Mich Richards or Birmingham City.  Please make sure you know that I don't need to decide that I'm offended.  The two coupled together make a deadly cocktail in my mind.  I know not everyone else feels as I do and quite honestly, I don't really care.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal