collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458503 times)

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1800 on: March 01, 2018, 02:15:12 PM »
Long standing meniscus issue with his right knee (so would struggle to pass a medical at another club).

SB thinks he'd break down as soon as he'd play him so dosen't.

Pretty much the crux of it.

Why don't we just pay him off then or claim on the insurance, it doesn't make any sense?

To claim on insurance the player has to accept his professional career is over is the long and short of it (see P.McGrath esq!) he’ll still only be 30/31 when his contract ends & if he still thinks he can play he maybe has 5/6 years playing.

As for paying him off if the 35k a week is accurate it would still cost between 2-2.5m to do it now....would have been 4m+ last summer which was more than we spent on fees in that window & would have added to ffp nightmare as a one off cost

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #1801 on: March 01, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »
If his professionalism is so admirable why doesn't he take a pay cut so that he can move to another club?

Or just stop living in the past/in denial and retire. ******.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1802 on: March 01, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »
He feels he can still play. Why would he retire?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1803 on: March 01, 2018, 05:40:24 PM »
Long standing meniscus issue with his right knee (so would struggle to pass a medical at another club).

Why don't we just pay him off then or claim on the insurance, it doesn't make any sense?
then there is the assumption that this is insured, if we knew this was known when we signed him then I doubt it is covered.

You can't sign a player without insurance.

True, but surely the insurance company can exclude known problems from the list of things they’d pay out on. I’ve got issues with my back, so my income protection insurance won’t pay out if I’m off work with a bad back.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #1804 on: March 01, 2018, 06:04:19 PM »

To claim on insurance the player has to accept his professional career is over is the long and short of it (see P.McGrath esq!) he’ll still only be 30/31 when his contract ends & if he still thinks he can play he maybe has 5/6 years playing.

As for paying him off if the 35k a week is accurate it would still cost between 2-2.5m to do it now....would have been 4m+ last summer which was more than we spent on fees in that window & would have added to ffp nightmare as a one off cost

So we insure him and he gets to decide whether we make a claim for him being crocked. Surely it is the club who would come to that decision?

Also, I reckon we should drop down a couple of more divisions, then we might only have to pay him fifty bob a week!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1805 on: March 01, 2018, 06:20:53 PM »
I think it will be the case we'll get to six months left and both parties will mutually consent the deal. Think we did that with Habib Beye.

Might even happen in the summer if we have premier league income again.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1806 on: March 01, 2018, 06:30:45 PM »
Threads like this always show how blinkered we as fans are. Player we don't want doesn't leave and take a pay cut when we want them to, unprofessional ******. Player we like and want says he wants to leave, ungrateful ******.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1807 on: March 01, 2018, 09:06:14 PM »
Seeing as Snodgrass looks like the new Minister for Mirth and Merriment there is even less reason to keep this clown around.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:12:39 PM by KevinGage »

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #1808 on: March 01, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »
Would you take a pay cut and leave your current work?? No, so let's get off that topic.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1809 on: March 01, 2018, 10:10:29 PM »
I think the way it works is that if he quits playing we pay up his contract and claim it back on the insurance. I also think that if he comes out of retirement to play again his new club has to pay back the insurance payout. I'm sure I can recall examples in the past but the specific names of the players escape me. I think Gary Waddock was one and he retired with injury from QPR, got back to fitness in non league and then signed for Millwall who had to pay money to the insurers.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1810 on: March 01, 2018, 10:33:19 PM »
I think it happened with Ian Olney. He was playing for Kidderminster when they did/didn't get promoted to the league, but he couldn't have played for them at that level cos of his payout.

Well, so said my mate who worked with him at an insurance company back when.

Offline achilles

« Reply #1811 on: March 02, 2018, 09:17:20 PM »
Can someone ask what the hell is happening with Micah Richards at the next fan representation meeting (or whatever it is called), please?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1812 on: March 02, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »
They won't discuss playing matters. Nor should they.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1813 on: March 02, 2018, 09:55:45 PM »
I'm not sure asking about Richards qualifies as discussing playing matters. ::)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:58:13 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1814 on: March 02, 2018, 10:07:36 PM »
Threads like this always show how blinkered we as fans are. Player we don't want doesn't leave and take a pay cut when we want them to, unprofessional c***. Player we like and want says he wants to leave, ungrateful c***.

mebbe, the club (fools that they were) offered him a contract - our fault all told, BUT what do you get out of it coming into work when you're not ill, but just incapable of doing the job? the Money i guess but i'd feel a bit of a sham doing it. Walking around doing nothing.........just a mascot all told. i'd get him coaching the youth if he's not doing it already because it's about self respect isn't it? If he's not going to take a pay-off most of us could never dream of because he wants to top up his pension fund then fine, but do something, anything.......
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:13:19 PM by sickbeggar »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal