collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460229 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1785 on: March 01, 2018, 03:54:13 AM »
If Bruce doesn't want him in the team then it's no different to the bomb squad. And I agree with Bruce over not wanting to play him as I haven't seen anything in his appearances for us that suggests he offers anything on the pitch. But I don't see how not wanting to pick a player makes the player a waster as there's sod all Richards can do apart from turn up to training and see the manager, which is apparently what he does.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #1786 on: March 01, 2018, 08:33:24 AM »
And his salary doubles if we go up! Fuuuuuuuuuck!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1787 on: March 01, 2018, 08:53:12 AM »
I don't want him in the squad and it will be a good day when he leaves the club, but assuming that article is true it's a tad harsh to call him a waster if he's fit enough to play but isn't being picked.

Agreed.

Amazing to think fifty-one players have played for us since his last appearance. Barry Fry would be proud of that number!

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1788 on: March 01, 2018, 08:54:17 AM »
I don't want him in the squad and it will be a good day when he leaves the club, but assuming that article is true it's a tad harsh to call him a waster if he's fit enough to play but isn't being picked.

That’s only if you believe the article represents everything about him and his time at the club. I find it hard to believe given how many injuries we have that he would still be disregarded entirely. I do not believe all this, he’s the club joker so we keep him around stuff. He’s on £35k a week. That’s a lot of money to pay someone to keep smiles on faces. Winning does that and creates a positive environment and it appears he’s not worthy of being a part of the winning that is taking place.

Look, I was happy when we got him because I genuinely believed he would somehow rediscover the form he had at Man City. Especially given his age and time in front of him. But the game isn’t important enough to him. It’s a crying shame because at one point he was going to something special in the game. And while he’s had injuries, and the club have been enablers in how they used him and rewarded him as they did with Gabby, for the most part he’s only got himself to blame.

Maybe we need to kit him out with one of those pointy hats with bells on (claret and blue of course) and a stick with a balloon on the end.
He can then skip around the training ground singing ‘hey nonny nonny’ while telling jokes and playing little tricks on the players, like shouting boo! when they come out of the showers, or putting ice from the ice bath down their backs.

That’s got to be worth £35k of  anyone’s money.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:55:51 AM by andyh »

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1789 on: March 01, 2018, 09:43:40 AM »
According to an article on Richards in the Daily Mail, Di Matteo blocked a loan move to West Ham. He’s “celebrating” 500 days without a game.

Fucking Waster article

Fuck. Sake.

Offline achilles

« Reply #1790 on: March 01, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »
Why didn't he go out on loan in January then, if he is fit?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1791 on: March 01, 2018, 10:06:35 AM »

he's good for players moral around the dressing room

he's like the clown you bring in for a children's party to make them laugh and feel happy about themselves, just gets payed a tad more

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1792 on: March 01, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »

Or the window before that....or the window before that

Micah Richards gave up the game mentally years ago. He played 19 league games in the three seasons before he signed for us, which should have sent alarm bells ringing loud and clear...

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1793 on: March 01, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »
He must seriously be our worst signing ever, or getting very close to it.

Offline achilles

« Reply #1794 on: March 01, 2018, 11:00:36 AM »
He must seriously be our worst signing ever, or getting very close to it.

I think McCormack is going to run him very close (is he still on his break from football)?

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1795 on: March 01, 2018, 11:03:48 AM »
Long standing meniscus issue with his right knee (so would struggle to pass a medical at another club).

SB thinks he'd break down as soon as he'd play him so dosen't.

Pretty much the crux of it.

Offline achilles

« Reply #1796 on: March 01, 2018, 11:24:06 AM »
Long standing meniscus issue with his right knee (so would struggle to pass a medical at another club).

Why don't we just pay him off then or claim on the insurance, it doesn't make any sense?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1797 on: March 01, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »

Why don't we just pay him off then or claim on the insurance, it doesn't make any sense?
then there is the assumption that this is insured, if we knew this was known when we signed him then I doubt it is covered.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1798 on: March 01, 2018, 12:13:25 PM »

then there is the assumption that this is insured, if we knew this was known when we signed him then I doubt it is covered.

You can't sign a player without insurance.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1799 on: March 01, 2018, 01:26:15 PM »
I doubt very much that his agent would allow his "asset" to be insured off as that would seriously hamper any opportunity to find another mug to take him

McGrath he aint

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal