collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:58:40 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:58:20 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 07:57:58 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AV84
[Today at 07:57:29 PM]

Champions League Contention by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 07:55:46 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:39:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 07:34:00 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:33:20 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460159 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #1320 on: April 23, 2016, 08:18:45 PM »
With Richards at centre back what is the actual total of goals we have conceded? Who's good at stats? I'd love to know the average goals per game we concede with our captain playing in his preceded position.

How peculiar. A topic broached by my twittering brother earlier today, as it happens. According to him, whenever Richards has played we've not won, and conceded 2.2 goals.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1321 on: April 23, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »
Thanks for that.

You know, that's actually better than I thought. Fair play Richads you have done quite well!?!

I'm just wondering now stats people has any other captain faired better ?

Offline chrisf

« Reply #1322 on: April 23, 2016, 08:23:04 PM »
With Richards at centre back what is the actual total of goals we have conceded? Who's good at stats? I'd love to know the average goals per game we concede with our captain playing in his preceded position.

How peculiar. A topic broached by my twittering brother earlier today, as it happens. According to him, whenever Richards has played we've not won, and conceded 2.2 goals.
... and if another twitterer's stats are accurate, we averaged a point a game when Okore played. Not so surprising he's pissed off. Fucking hate Richards. Worst captain ever.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1323 on: April 23, 2016, 09:11:19 PM »
It's critical that the club recognizes it needs to cut ties with certain players to actually start to get out of this mess. We've paid out numerous managers and executives over the past few years but this will be the best money we will spend to eliminate roaches like Agbonlahor and Richards.

My worst fear, regardless of who we get, is that the new manager / owner come in with the idea that they are going to give everyone a clean slate and try to get the most of what we've got already.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #1324 on: April 23, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »
Another bottler. Sooner we can bin him the better. When you remind yourself this moron plus Gabby & Lescott are the 'captains' I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1325 on: April 23, 2016, 09:24:58 PM »

Richards played in the opening win against Bournemouth and was excellent. It seems so long ago but there was just the faintest signs of optimism creeping in after that start.

He has been a complete shithouse since.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #1326 on: April 23, 2016, 10:27:56 PM »
It's critical that the club recognizes it needs to cut ties with certain players to actually start to get out of this mess. We've paid out numerous managers and executives over the past few years but this will be the best money we will spend to eliminate roaches like Agbonlahor and Richards.

I don't think it is enough to create another bomb squad, isolated from first team affairs. Some of these twats are stinking the whole club out and have to go by July 1st.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #1327 on: April 23, 2016, 10:37:20 PM »

... and if another twitterer's stats are accurate, we averaged a point a game when Okore played. Not so surprising he's pissed off. Fucking hate Richards. Worst captain ever.

Clark and Okore last season were as good a centre-back pairing as we have had since say, Dunne and Collins in 11/12. I genuinely think they should have been our first choice pairing this year with Richards as right back.

We had absolutely zero spine in our team this season with Micah Richards as Centre-Back.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1328 on: April 23, 2016, 11:30:01 PM »

I don't think it is enough to create another bomb squad, isolated from first team affairs. Some of these twats are stinking the whole club out and have to go by July 1st.

Yep, I'm not suggesting a bomb squad Steve. Because that would mean those players are still at the club. I'm talking about selling them or releasing them as quickly as possible. They simply cannot be at the club come the pre-season.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1329 on: April 24, 2016, 12:23:00 AM »

Clark and Okore last season were as good a centre-back pairing as we have had since say, Dunne and Collins in 11/12. I genuinely think they should have been our first choice pairing this year with Richards as right back.

We had absolutely zero spine in our team this season with Micah Richards as Centre-Back.

There's a very good reason for that. Can you guess what it is?

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #1330 on: April 24, 2016, 12:27:43 AM »

My worst fear, regardless of who we get, is that the new manager / owner come in with the idea that they are going to give everyone a clean slate and try to get the most of what we've got already.

We can't discount it but I think the hatred for certain players is such that the club won't want to keep them and frankly those players won't want to be here. I can see all of Guzan, Gabby, Richards, Bacuna and Lescott not being at the club next season.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1331 on: April 24, 2016, 12:32:15 AM »

We can't discount it but I think the hatred for certain players is such that the club won't want to keep them and frankly those players won't want to be here. I can see all of Guzan, Gabby, Richards, Bacuna and Lescott not being at the club next season.

It's where Hollis and particularly Brian Little should step in.  The minute the final whistle blows at the Emirates Stadium, certain players should be told that they will never play for the club again and need to look for a new club. 

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #1332 on: April 24, 2016, 12:34:33 AM »
I imagine those conversations have started to take place between the club and agents. That once the season ends their Villa careers will too.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1333 on: April 24, 2016, 12:34:42 AM »
I agree but the only one i'm not sure about is Gabby.

I'm praying most of those are MLS targets tbh, that's the escape route (for us).

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1334 on: April 24, 2016, 12:37:33 AM »

It's where Hollis and particularly Brian Little should step in.  The minute the final whistle blows at the Emirates Stadium, certain players should be told that they will never play for the club again and need to look for a new club. 

The way they're "playing" I could almost believe that they've already been told that, but to get their pay-offs they're going to have to "suck it up, bitch."

However that kind of bollocks belongs on the conspiracy thread and I just need to accept that certain players are bigger ****** than I ever thought I'd see besmirch the shirt.  Certainly not 5 or 6 first team regulars.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal