collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455650 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #885 on: January 06, 2016, 12:19:44 PM »
Didn't the West Ham goal come from a massive hole left by Hutton who had gone walkabout at that point? 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #886 on: January 06, 2016, 12:25:50 PM »
It did, but also because Gil had come on down the right, where Westwood had been covering back for Hutton. Westwood moved, so there was a big hole.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #887 on: January 06, 2016, 01:16:52 PM »
I believe Alan Hutton is contributing to the poor form of Richards.

He is, because despite putting in a lot of effort he's crap going forwards and defending, just as Richards is totally crap in the middle. The opposition don't mind him having the ball and bombing up the wing as they know there will be no end product which inevitably means they'll get the ball back and be able to attack down that side knowing he's stranded up the pitch or blowing out of his arse trying to get back

It's so glaringly obvious what needs doing

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #888 on: January 06, 2016, 01:34:06 PM »
Hutton can't cross, so it's pointless him crossing the half way line.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #889 on: January 06, 2016, 06:39:11 PM »
I sometimes wonder if we might be better off if none of them venture across the half way line.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #890 on: January 06, 2016, 06:47:32 PM »
I sometimes wonder if we might be better off if none of them venture across the half way line.

TSM1 and TSM2 Version 2 had a damn good bash at that tactic.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #891 on: January 06, 2016, 08:37:55 PM »
and we were never bottom

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #892 on: January 06, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »

We'd be better off if they didn't venture across the touch line.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #893 on: January 06, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »
and we were never bottom

They knew a thing or two about a thing about or two.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #894 on: January 07, 2016, 11:52:07 AM »

We'd be better off if they didn't venture across the touch line.

Bravo

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #895 on: January 07, 2016, 12:07:20 PM »
Hutton isn't helped by the fact that that we don't keep possession very well in midfield or upfront. He's being asked to get forward and back constantly, but lose the ball so frequently and so quickly that he's often the fall guy when the whole team are caught out of shape.

I agree with the general consensus that he's still not good enough, but I think Richards at centre-half is more of a pressing concern.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #896 on: January 07, 2016, 12:09:10 PM »
Hutton isn't helped by the fact that that we don't keep possession very well in midfield or upfront. He's being asked to get forward and back constantly, but lose the ball so frequently and so quickly that he's often the fall guy when the whole team are caught out of shape.

I agree with the general consensus that he's still not good enough, but I think Richards at centre-half is more of a pressing concern.

I agree. Richards worries me. He seems to lack calmness and a real football brain. Strength and athleticism isn't enough.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #897 on: January 07, 2016, 12:22:47 PM »

I agree. Richards worries me. He seems to lack calmness and a real football brain. Strength and athleticism isn't enough.

His positional sense and ability to "cover", seeing as he is the leading defender, is complete shite.

When I can muster the strength to watch any highlights I am consistently amazed at where he finds himself as the opposition - Sunderland ffs! - tear us apart with ease.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #898 on: January 07, 2016, 02:44:01 PM »

With Hutton seemingly out, and Okore fit. If he doesn't play at right back this weekend i'll probably have a coronary

But unlike most i'd partner Okore with Clark in the hope they can recapture that partnership they started last season. Lescott can sit on his arse

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #899 on: January 07, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »

With Hutton seemingly out, and Okore fit. If he doesn't play at right back this weekend i'll probably have a coronary

But unlike most i'd partner Okore with Clark in the hope they can recapture that partnership they started last season. Lescott can sit on his arse

I'd go with Lescott. Clark has had half a season where he has looked good enough out of about the last 6, Lescott had years of being a solid defender at Everton and Man City but is just a bit past it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal