collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458374 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #705 on: December 30, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »
Was going to say.  It has to be amongst the biggest load of nonsense to suggest we can't move a player into a different position in the defence due to contractual limitations.
Is is nonsense, really?
In the days when players seem to be able to demand anything, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that a player with delusions of grandeur can say 'I'll only sign for your club if you pay me xxx K per week and play me in my favoured position'.
Of course, we don't know it's the case, but I don't think it's nonsense to suggest it.

We are the club that gave contracts to players like Tonev and Dawkins remember!

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #706 on: December 30, 2015, 09:50:23 AM »
Well anyway, ignoring that I would play him right back because it's become evident he's really no better than the rest of the cack we've had playing at centre back over the last 5 years. I'm sure he would be an improvement on Hutton, and allow Okore and Lescott to firm up their vaguely promising partnership.

Offline Boz

« Reply #707 on: December 30, 2015, 10:43:58 AM »
He's a shit defender, and an even worse captain.  Quite frankly, he can fuck right off.

Absolutely. Why are Villa a 20 minute team, is that because they don't train enough, certainly the defenders don't seem to know the fundamentals of defending and the strikers don't take the chances when they come along.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #708 on: December 30, 2015, 10:53:11 AM »
It's breaking his heart don't you know.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/484166/Micah-Richards-Aston-Villa-relegation-fight-breaking-heart
If he cared so much he would play fucking RB. Never going to be a centre half regardless of what he/his contract dictates

Is there any evidence,  or is this one of those internet myths that becomes accepted as fact?

Didn't we have this a while back when people thought Cleverley had in his contract that he starts every game?

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #709 on: December 30, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
Doesn't stay on his feet enough, always falling over, poor defender and poor captain. He will jump ship as soon as he can.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #710 on: December 30, 2015, 12:38:02 PM »
As a professional footballer, if the manager says you're playing right back then you play right back, and you give it your all, even if you're a centre forward.  To me, it's simple, although an expensive asset; he plays right back if told or he fucks off.  If he cares as much as he says he does he plays.  His choice. 

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #711 on: December 30, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »
It isn't in his contract I spoke to someone on Monday who has a long association with Micah and he is open to playing RB if it helps the team.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #712 on: December 30, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »
I'd suggest that if he wants to help the team then he doesn't play at all.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #713 on: December 30, 2015, 12:56:34 PM »
It isn't in his contract I spoke to someone on Monday who has a long association with Micah and he is open to playing RB if it helps the team.

I hope that is true.  His swashbuckling style is a liability when playing centre back but could become a positive asset at RB.  It also suggests that his attitude is not as bad as we have assumed (myself included).

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #714 on: December 30, 2015, 12:57:12 PM »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/484166/Micah-Richards-Aston-Villa-relegation-fight-breaking-heart
If he cared so much he would play fucking RB. Never going to be a centre half regardless of what he/his contract dictates

Is there any evidence,  or is this one of those internet myths that becomes accepted as fact?

None whatsoever. Someone suggested it, everyone believed it.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #715 on: December 30, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »

Doesn't it stem from newspaper reports after signing that sunderland offered more in wages yet he chose to join us.  Putting two and two together it was assumed that we had offered additional incentives.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #716 on: December 30, 2015, 01:08:01 PM »
I'm sure a legal sort would put me right, but I'm not sure that a clause like that would even be enforceable.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #717 on: December 30, 2015, 01:12:03 PM »

I wouldn't say everyone believed it, but it became one of those things that grew legs. Plus why would a player who has played both positions only commit to a club if he plays a specific position? Wouldn't that limit his chances of playing? And who would have even come up with that suggestion? It seemed a bit ludicrous from the start, but then ludicrous and Internet myths aren't exactly strange bedfellows.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #718 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:08 PM »

Then I hope sense is seen and he is played there , there is reason he got picked to play for England there.He has pace and strength and frankly could he be any worse at crossing then Hutton.

At this point our most reliable defence would be

Richards - Okore - Lescott - Cissoko

All of them are units so should help with cross's into box if they can stay in position.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #719 on: December 30, 2015, 01:28:28 PM »

Then I hope sense is seen and he is played there , there is reason he got picked to play for England there.He has pace and strength and frankly could he be any worse at crossing then Hutton.

At this point our most reliable defence would be

Richards - Okore - Lescott - Cissoko

All of them are units so should help with cross's into box if they can stay in position.
I would like to see that line up

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal