collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455666 times)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #675 on: November 29, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »
what's a DCR/DCL ?
Defender Central Right/Defender Central Left

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #676 on: November 29, 2015, 09:01:50 PM »
D c r you sure that's not the democratic congo republic ??????

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #677 on: November 30, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »
I too am not convinced with Richards at all as a centre half. I don't think he's a leader or an organiser, he seems to play off the cuff, he hasn't played centre back for most of his career. Look at the number of times he goes to ground, he's out of the game in virtually every goal we concede.
It would be brave to leave him out, but it's got to the stage where Garde needs to try anything, he cannot replace Hutton who is our best player at the moment, so I would like to see Okore back in on the right side paired with a natural leftie Lescott or Clark on the other side, if he's going to persist with a four.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #678 on: December 29, 2015, 02:15:14 PM »
Fuck you Micah you fucking baby and pathetic excuse of a footballer and captain.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #679 on: December 29, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »
I like him. He cares. He's quite blatantly not a centre back though and needs to be told. If he disagrees then he'll have to leave because the defence is an absolute mess.

Richards
Okore
Lescott
Cissokho

That's as good as it's going to get with our current squad. Maybe chuck Senderos in.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #680 on: December 29, 2015, 03:17:23 PM »
Fuck you Micah you fucking baby and pathetic excuse of a footballer and captain.

Having deliberately avoided everything to do with yesterday, this one's caught my interest. Was there anything specific, or is he just proving himself to be all about me, myself and I?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #681 on: December 29, 2015, 03:27:20 PM »

With that in mind i still think and Okore/Clark pairing may well be our best central defence pairing.

Except that it has got Clark in it.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #682 on: December 29, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »
In defence of Clark, anybody that has to play alongside Richards is going to struggle. It's more than time Richards gave up the dream of ever being a centre back.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #683 on: December 29, 2015, 04:02:21 PM »

Having deliberately avoided everything to do with yesterday, this one's caught my interest. Was there anything specific, or is he just proving himself to be all about me, myself and I?

I assume it's to do with his Twitter strop at Ian Wright.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #684 on: December 29, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »

Ian Wright criticised his positioning on MOTD for the first goal. Nothing abusive or over the top he was just telling the truth, he was out of position for the goal and things like that are the reason we are getting relegated.

Micah loses it on Twitter and says it's not on. Looks a bit childish really if he can't take a pundit pointing out his tactical errors on a football show where they are analysing the match.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #685 on: December 29, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
Micah, when the side you are captain of hasn't won a league game since the opening day, the best thing to do is shut the fuck up and take it on the chin. The best way of getting back at any critic is to show it on the pitch by being the leader that you are being paid and expected to be. Instead of worrying about yourself based on criticism received on this performance you should be more concerned at the reputation you will have if the team you are captain of becomes the worst team in the history of the PL.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #686 on: December 29, 2015, 04:30:47 PM »
awful captain and centre half.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #687 on: December 29, 2015, 04:38:33 PM »
He doesn't even organise himself on the pitch, never mind the rest of the defence - which I would have thought was also his "job".
He wins balls in the air pretty well and has the occasional storming run up the pitch but I've been pretty surprised at how crap he is at defending generally.

Offline villalion

« Reply #688 on: December 29, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »
Micah, when the side you are captain of hasn't won a league game since the opening day, the best thing to do is shut the fuck up and take it on the chin. The best way of getting back at any critic is to show it on the pitch by being the leader that you are being paid and expected to be. Instead of worrying about yourself based on criticism received on this performance you should be more concerned at the reputation you will have if the team you are captain of becomes the worst team in the history of the PL.

Nail on the head for me.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #689 on: December 29, 2015, 05:07:51 PM »

His problem is he thinks he is a "top player" not the captain of the worst team in the division.

Even when he used to take his career seriously the likes of Capello and Mancini saw through his bullsh*t

Sherwood's decision to give him free reign at centre half and make him captain was farcical.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal