collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455639 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #660 on: November 29, 2015, 02:00:59 AM »
Today's performance summed him up quite well.

Some driving runs which could have led to goals, a great headed goal and lots of effort and passion. At the same time, having the attention span of a demented springer spaniel that has got the scent of a rabbit when it came to discharging his duties of leading the back line.

When you have two full backs like ours, I would be shitting myself constantly. He is trying to lead and yes he has faults, but he is a winner and that is what we need more of

He s a swash buckler. He has to buckle his swash. He likes to see his cutlass flashing in the floodlights.  He likes to go a wandering.

It is all very inspiring, but somebody needs to be at home taking care of bidness. 

I agree he is trying to do too much, but he is our best defender and others need to show similar attitude. I have read the comments he does not want to play for Villa, he has not said that and has not played like that

No, I agree with you about that at least. He gives his all.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #661 on: November 29, 2015, 02:03:40 AM »

Some driving runs which could have led to goals, a great headed goal and lots of effort and passion. At the same time, having the attention span of a demented springer spaniel that has got the scent of a rabbit when it came to discharging his duties of leading the back line.

When you have two full backs like ours, I would be shitting myself constantly. He is trying to lead and yes he has faults, but he is a winner and that is what we need more of

He s a swash buckler. He has to buckle his swash. He likes to see his cutlass flashing in the floodlights.  He likes to go a wandering.

It is all very inspiring, but somebody needs to be at home taking care of bidness. 

I agree he is trying to do too much, but he is our best defender and others need to show similar attitude. I have read the comments he does not want to play for Villa, he has not said that and has not played like that

So what do you not agree with? all opinions of course and no offence

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #662 on: November 29, 2015, 02:18:43 AM »

So what do you not agree with? all opinions of course and no offence

I do not doubt his effort or commitment.

I doubt he has the discipline, concentration or brain power to lead a back line like ours.

As I alluded earlier, he reminds me of my brother's spaniel when we go to the Clent Hills. Once he's off, he's off and there is no use trying to find out where he is. You just have to go back to the pub or the car and hope he turns up.

« Reply #663 on: November 29, 2015, 02:29:56 AM »
I doubt Einstein would have he brain power to cope with those full backs and even Clarj on the third goal.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #664 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:25 AM »
I doubt Einstein would have he brain power to cope with those full backs and even Clarj on the third goal.

Watch it again and please explain to me what the hell Richardson is doing too. Terrible defending all round.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #665 on: November 29, 2015, 09:14:14 AM »
I have some degree of sympathy for Richardson. Clearly not up to the task and there's not much competition take his place. He is rubbish though.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #666 on: November 29, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
I'm beginning to get the impression that Richards thinks Villa are beneath him much in the same way David O'Leary did.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #667 on: November 29, 2015, 12:09:44 PM »
I think he's passionate for the club.  He is never a Centre Half though.  The irony is he could be key to providing service to Gestede if he was to switch positions.  Trouble is Clark is equally capable of being terrible.

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #668 on: November 29, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »
I'm beginning to get the impression that Richards thinks Villa are beneath him much in the same way David O'Leary did.

On the basis of showing a bit of passion and saying what all the fans have been saying all season? or because of how much of other peoples work he does on the pitch?

By no means is he the perfect centre back, but he's playing alongside 3 defenders who are levels below him. He has the task of babysitting those players, on top of that he's an attacking threat through the middle of the park. Making bursting runs, going past players and starting attacks, something the midfield should be doing. He's also added scoring goals to his on the pitch 'to do' list.

He's currently our best player on the pitch, he's also the one that looks the most gutted when we concede, he's the one who gives the poor players the hand on the shoulder when they fuck up (Hutton OG) and he's getting himself on the score sheet

Yet he's still one of the players to get stick. Only Villa fans.. i have to laugh or else i'd cry

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #669 on: November 29, 2015, 12:45:21 PM »
Richards is an awful centre back. I agree with Exeter 77, I too get the impression he thinks he's way too good for us. Play him at right back FFS.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #670 on: November 29, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »
Richards' weaknesses in defence are more hidden at RB and more exposed through the middle as a CB. He needs to play RB because he's better than Hutton, and we need to get Okore to replace him. The left side of the defence is fucking horrendous. Throw in a keeper who isn't exactly secure and it is what we have. We need a new LB, new left sided CB and goalkeeper. Let alone a forward as we all acknowledge.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #671 on: November 29, 2015, 03:41:10 PM »
What's happened to Crespo and what does Ilori do exactly?

I think most of us are coming round to:
RB: Richards
DCR: Okore

But what about Pulis-style:
DCL: Clark/Crespo
DL: Lescott

« Reply #672 on: November 29, 2015, 07:46:48 PM »

Watch it again and please explain to me what the hell Richardson is doing too. Terrible defending all round.

Yes, I agree, but Clark has to be aware of what I going on as well

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #673 on: November 29, 2015, 08:04:11 PM »
What's happened to Crespo and what does Ilori do exactly?

I think most of us are coming round to:
RB: Richards
DCR: Okore

But what about Pulis-style:
DCL: Clark/Crespo
DL: Lescott

what's a DCR/DCL ?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #674 on: November 29, 2015, 08:07:05 PM »

Despite being constantly told how well he's playing, i've been less than convinced by Micah thus far, both as a player and captain.

Sometimes, certain players click together, even if they're not individually the best. With that in mind i still think and Okore/Clark pairing may well be our best central defence pairing. Richards can slot in at right back and add something to the side we desperately need, eg pace and skill going forward

But it still leaves the left back spot a worry. I have no answers other than Richardson, Lescott or Clark are not left backs

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal