collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by john2710
[Today at 12:11:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by john2710
[Today at 12:11:45 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 12:07:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:48:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 11:45:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 455840 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #600 on: November 27, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »
He's just the leader we need, a deep mistrust of foreigner players, error prone and mourning the departure of a terrible manager.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #601 on: November 27, 2015, 11:37:23 AM »
Just on 5Live that he's done an interview with Pat Murphy and we can all enjoy watching it when it's aired tomorrow.
The snippet they played basically had Richards saying we were shite/lucky against ManCiŁy, our players have no belief in their own ability and we are in deep shit.
Lovely!
Sorry, it's on 5Live tonight.
Won't make very good viewing on the wireless!

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #602 on: November 27, 2015, 11:44:19 AM »
Personally I think Hutton is shite

You're entitled to your opinion of course.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #603 on: November 27, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »

I don't think he's very good, either, if you compare him to the rest of the league, but if you compare him to some of the dross in our side, he's easily good enough.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #604 on: November 27, 2015, 11:54:22 AM »

I don't think he's very good, either, if you compare him to the rest of the league, but if you compare him to some of the dross in our side, he's easily good enough.

It just shows you that not everyone loves a trier. He's exactly the type of player you can trust to apply himself to the very best of his ability and drag us out of this situation. An anti-Jack if you will.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #605 on: November 27, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
It will be interesting to see how Remi Garde interprets this interview. Personally I think it is really unhelpful and unprofessional from our current club captain given the circumstances and timing. To focus on our result against Man City (table leaders) as just lucky rather than well deserved through hard work is extremely negative. Compare that attitude and mind set to the Carlos Sanchez interview? I know who's I prefer. Link it to his banning following the Swansea game I don't think he is captain material. I would like to be proven wrong long term but I wouldn't be surprised if this costs him his position as captain.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #606 on: November 27, 2015, 12:04:24 PM »
In our time of need we do seem to be imploding rather badly.

Remi must wonder what he's let himself in for.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #607 on: November 27, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »
It will be interesting to see how Remi Garde interprets this interview. Personally I think it is really unhelpful and unprofessional from our current club captain given the circumstances and timing. To focus on our result against Man City (table leaders) as just lucky rather than well deserved through hard work is extremely negative. Compare that attitude and mind set to the Carlos Sanchez interview? I know who's I prefer. Link it to his banning following the Swansea game I don't think he is captain material. I would like to be proven wrong long term but I wouldn't be surprised if this costs him his position as captain.

I think that is the 2nd Strike for Richards after the Hope He (Garde) Makes Speak Them Speak English comment. Either he is utterly Thick, Has No Self Awareness or a mixture of both.

As others stated it may be that Garde wants him to go back to his initial position Right Back - where he was better as others have stated - which is probably what Sherwood told him wouldn't be the case.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #608 on: November 27, 2015, 12:19:53 PM »
It sounds a bit like 'working his ticket' to me

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #609 on: November 27, 2015, 12:29:35 PM »
Can't say I disagree with a single word he's said tbh - after all it's only what we're all saying. Putting it in the public domain via the media as team captain however is a different matter, and smacks of getting his excuses in early in a Sherwood-stylee ready to be off if we drop.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #610 on: November 27, 2015, 12:34:35 PM »
Apologies if this has been posted but yhis interview he's done has really rubbed me the wrong way. Why be so publically vocal in putting down your own team mates? Idiot. I'd strip him of the captaincy.

Edit: Sorry it had been posted.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #611 on: November 27, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
Just on 5Live that he's done an interview with Pat Murphy and we can all enjoy watching it when it's aired tomorrow.
The snippet they played basically had Richards saying we were shite/lucky against ManCiŁy, our players have no belief in their own ability and we are in deep shit.
Lovely!
Sorry, it's on 5Live tonight.
Won't make very good viewing on the wireless!

I have no doubt Richards has a winners attitude and hates losing, I like that kind of player. What I don't like with him is he doesn't really care about us, where is the galvanising captains attitude? If a captain sense's players are down I want one to pick them up, if a captain senses the new guys aren't intergrating well then I want a captain that helps them cross the divide. I think Micah could be a leader but not for us, he doesn't care about Aston Villa really I feel. If we aren't good enough I want a captain who rallys everyone he can to put in some extra work. Basically I'd love a captain who doesn't want to go down with the ship because he has every intention of staying loyal to his ship. Micah is the opposite, over the course of the season, if things stay as bad as they are, I expect more public comments and for him to attempt a Dim Tim and distance himself from this mess and line himself up for a rat leaving the sinking ship manoeuvre in the summer.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #612 on: November 27, 2015, 12:42:22 PM »
I think it is time to circle the wagons and go into siege mentality. No more player interviews other than controlled ones through the club media.

There should be two people speaking for the club, Garde and Fox.

The media smells blood and are digging the knife in whatever way they can.  In this situation, what happens at Chelsea, only the manager speaks. We should take on the same approach and try and build a unified team spirit.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #613 on: November 27, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »
In our time of need we do seem to be imploding rather badly.

Remi must wonder what he's let himself in for.

The root causes of the problems will all rise to the surface. A club can't be continually as bad as we have been without a lot of bad stuff behind the scenes that we never get to hear about. Players lacking professionalism and Captains airing dirty linen in public doesn't surprise me.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #614 on: November 27, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »
Spit the gum out, shut your mouth, control yourself and be a proper captain.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal