collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192192 times)

Offline ez

Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #900 on: July 07, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »
I hope he gets another chance. With Kozak fit they're like 2 new signings for next season.

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #901 on: July 07, 2015, 08:57:32 PM »
If Benteke does leave, we're going to need goals from somewhere, and at least he does shoot, occasionally even hitting the target, which is more than can be said for some..

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #902 on: July 07, 2015, 10:41:07 PM »
If the information proves correct, we'll have 2 good number 10's having spent years struggling to find one.

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #903 on: July 07, 2015, 11:13:54 PM »
Would be like a new signing. Also would show that Sherwood doesn't want to create a "bomb squad".

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #904 on: July 07, 2015, 11:29:16 PM »
If the information proves correct, we'll have 2 good number 10's having spent years struggling to find one.

Yep.  Should be good competition between him and Grealish for that spot.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #905 on: July 07, 2015, 11:44:57 PM »
I heard that too on Talksport, the transfer rumour guy was on building it up as if he was going to be sold and then said he'd had it confirmed in the last half hour that he was back in the fold for next season's plans. It certainly was eyebrow-raising stuff.

I assume it was the man with his finger on the pulse Beaky?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #906 on: July 08, 2015, 12:04:26 AM »
Good news.
Hope to see him feature early on....and looking forward to seeing Kozak too!

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #907 on: July 08, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »
Carles or Charles - difficult choice!! 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #908 on: July 08, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »
Would be like a new signing. Also would show that Sherwood doesn't want to create a "bomb squad".

Sherwood said that the squad wasn't suited to a relegation battle, which, given Gil didn't feature, was more than likely a reference to him among others.

It must be very hard as a young player, in a new league, to be thrown in at the deep end and be expected to slug it out in a relegation fight.

With a pre-season, more time to settle and better quality of players being brought in, he may well flourish and be a real asset. If that is the case, then I think that is well played by Sherwood.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #909 on: July 08, 2015, 12:42:09 PM »
At the time wouldn't have thought Grealish as kind of player for relegation battle - yet he came good!! I'm sure Carles would have given as much if not more than Charles N'Zog.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #910 on: July 08, 2015, 12:53:51 PM »
At least Jack knows the club, the league, the culture and the language.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #911 on: July 08, 2015, 12:59:06 PM »
Jack takes a strange enjoyment out of getting lamped, which Gil seemingly hasn't mastered yet.

I would love to see them both play at home against a stubborn opponent. We need the sort of movement and guile they can offer. 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #912 on: July 08, 2015, 01:31:45 PM »
Jack takes a strange enjoyment out of getting lamped, which Gil seemingly hasn't mastered yet.

I would love to see them both play at home against a stubborn opponent. We need the sort of movement and guile they can offer. 

As I said all along that was the key difference, watch the way Grealish dealt with Alex Song (which was fucking brilliant by the way) Gil would never have been so willing to get himself kicked to get a guy booked.

I really like Gil but the Stoke game showed that he wasn't the right player for the fight that we were in.  I don't think nzog was either but keeping Gil out of things means he starts the new season with a good reputation with the fans and without his experience having been tainted.  Nzog was already a busted flush with the fans so throwing him in and giving him a chance to redeem himself was probably the right call, even if he didn't do much.

Offline supertom

« Reply #913 on: July 08, 2015, 01:50:21 PM »
I thought Gil got a rough deal against Stoke. Perhaps not the ideal game to show off to the boss. He'd not looked that powder puff before hand, but he had in fairness just come back from an injury, which may have played on his mind a bit. I'm sure he'll toughen up a bit. Players like that are good at evading though. Like Silva. A gnats fart could blow him over but players can't get near him and if they do they give away a free kick.

I'm glad he's gonna get a chance. I think there's plenty of promise there.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #914 on: July 08, 2015, 02:22:21 PM »
I thought Gil got a rough deal against Stoke. Perhaps not the ideal game to show off to the boss. He'd not looked that powder puff before hand, but he had in fairness just come back from an injury, which may have played on his mind a bit. I'm sure he'll toughen up a bit. Players like that are good at evading though. Like Silva. A gnats fart could blow him over but players can't get near him and if they do they give away a free kick.

I'm glad he's gonna get a chance. I think there's plenty of promise there.

I agree completely, I can just understand why you'd watch that and think that he probably wasn't the right guy to have in for the run in.  The only thing I thought we did wrong with him was to not include him in the squad for Burnley and the final when the threat was gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal