collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192185 times)

Online johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #870 on: June 14, 2015, 02:56:27 PM »
They have been discussing him on TS and it is rumoured that 3 spannish clubs want him for around £3.5m and a couple of premier league clubs want him on loan.

Saw that Moyes was keeping tabs on him.. really don't want him to go.  :-\
Do Sociedad sign Spanish players? I thought they went for Basque players or players from outside Spain

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #871 on: June 14, 2015, 03:04:51 PM »
With Gil, I'd keep and play him if I was in control, but I'm not. And Sherwood's done enough in his short-time here to justify having a Summer to shape the squad how he wants it.

Obviously, he doesn't like the cut of Gil's jib, so it's best all round he goes.

I have to say I'm surprised. He seems to love Grealish and as much potential as he has, there can't be too much between him and Gil right now - from a pure current ability standpoint.

Who knows ay?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #872 on: June 14, 2015, 04:24:25 PM »
They have been discussing him on TS and it is rumoured that 3 spannish clubs want him for around £3.5m and a couple of premier league clubs want him on loan.

Do Sociedad sign Spanish players? I thought they went for Basque players or players from outside Spain
They used to - but scrapped it a couple of decades ago.

It's Bilbao who still do it, but I think they use a pretty loose definition these days.

Online johnc

« Reply #873 on: June 14, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »

It's Bilbao who still do it, but I think they use a pretty loose definition these days.
Thye got riid of the Basque only policy when they signed Aldridge but I am not sure if they sign Spanish players

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #874 on: June 14, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »

Thye got riid of the Basque only policy when they signed Aldridge but I am not sure if they sign Spanish players
I think they must - Esteban Granero has played for them for a couple of years and he was Madrid born and bred.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #875 on: June 14, 2015, 06:25:59 PM »
Bilbao still run that policy - they include the very south of France as being basque hence lizarazu

Incredible to think they've never been relegated. Imagine if villa only played players from the midlands

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #876 on: June 14, 2015, 07:35:09 PM »
Bilbao still run that policy - they include the very south of France as being basque hence lizarazu

Incredible to think they've never been relegated. Imagine if villa only played players from the midlands
Isn't that because the South West corner of France is Basque?

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #877 on: June 14, 2015, 07:46:51 PM »
Point of order. I live in the southernmost part of France and it is not Basque.

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #878 on: June 14, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »

Don't think its that loose. It's Basque only, that's it. their fans wouldn't allow a change to that policy, they'd rather get relegated than have 'Spanish' players.
Sociedad used to be Basque only but couldn't compete with Athletic. I think its mainly non-Spanish or Basque.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:00:55 PM by Trinitymiddle »

Online johnc

« Reply #879 on: June 14, 2015, 08:37:29 PM »

I think they must - Esteban Granero has played for them for a couple of years and he was Madrid born and bred.
They must have  changed policy. Granero looks to be fairly Spanish

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #880 on: June 14, 2015, 09:14:50 PM »

Isn't that because the South West corner of France is Basque?
Western Pyrenees, Atlantic side is where the Basque Country is.

Eastern Pyrenees, Mediterranean side is where Catalan country is.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #881 on: June 14, 2015, 09:24:51 PM »
And Heres me thinking Basque Country was bottom draw with the KY Jelly and amyl nitrate

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2015, 08:18:11 PM »
Gill best player around for villa. Hope he gets a chance .

Online frank black

« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »
What ever he said or did, it must have been pretty bad for a new manager to snub a 3mil signing after weeks.

Hopefully they kiss and make up because he is a good player. If not then it's another hit on the balance sheet.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #884 on: June 20, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »
Maybe he nutmegged Sherwood in training !twice!

Actually I'm pretty sure he did or made the first eleven Sherwood  picked in training look ordinary in a versus rest of squad match
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:35:03 PM by footyskillz »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal