collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192273 times)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #780 on: June 06, 2015, 02:47:40 PM »
Sometimes it doesn't work out. Perhaps he is struggling to settle? It's happened before with young players who can't speak the language.
Could be that.Look at Jose Reyes.He could score goals had plenty of skill and pace but he could not master the language or settle in England.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #781 on: June 06, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »
Sometimes it doesn't work out. Perhaps he is struggling to settle? It's happened before with young players who can't speak the language.
Could be that.Look at Jose Reyes.He could score goals had plenty of skill and pace but he could not master the language or settle in England.

He has Sanchez to look after him, the best the club can offer to help him settle, he looked well up to pace in training sessions I've seen and happy enough apart from not getting a sniff come matchday. He's a few months into a four year contract, I really hope Sherwood gives him a chance next season.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #782 on: June 06, 2015, 06:21:36 PM »
someone on talksport yesterday reckoned that celta vigo want him on a permanent deal
Then let's swap him for Orellana :)

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #783 on: June 06, 2015, 07:33:55 PM »
You wouldn't have as its not common knowledge. From as source I trust implicitly.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #784 on: June 06, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »
He seemed to be doing alright when he first arrived, until he was just taken out of the squad for seemingly no reason.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #785 on: June 06, 2015, 07:42:29 PM »
The only logical explanation is that he had said something about Sherwoods mother.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #786 on: June 06, 2015, 08:08:25 PM »
I won't be surprised if we do bin him, Villa Park is no place for these fancy dan foreigners and their jinking runs, exciting play and top class goals.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #787 on: June 06, 2015, 08:16:01 PM »
I won't be surprised if we do bin him, Villa Park is no place for these fancy dan foreigners and their jinking runs, exciting play and top class goals.
Agree, they start wearing gloves in mid - September and come dec jan feb are virtually in hibernation.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #788 on: June 06, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »
If he is offski, wasn't there some by back clause where Valencia got first refusal at some ridiculous fee in comparison to what we paid?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #789 on: June 09, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »
Did anyone else hear on the radio Gil linked with a £3m move to Celta. Would be a shame to see him go so early, I feel we've missed a trick here.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #790 on: June 09, 2015, 03:58:47 PM »
To get bombed out of this villa midfield takes some doing

Offline Boz

« Reply #791 on: June 09, 2015, 06:35:01 PM »

He has Sanchez to look after him, the best the club can offer to help him settle, he looked well up to pace in training sessions I've seen and happy enough apart from not getting a sniff come matchday. He's a few months into a four year contract, I really hope Sherwood gives him a chance next season.

I recall the problems JPA had initially settling at B6 as the club were totally lacking any support for him to settle in. I hope this is not the case with Gil as Sanchez is hardly a long time at VP yet to be the best person to support him other than speaking the same language.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #792 on: June 09, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »

I recall the problems JPA had initially settling at B6 as the club were totally lacking any support for him to settle in. I hope this is not the case with Gil as Sanchez is hardly a long time at VP yet to be the best person to support him other than speaking the same language.

It's a different time, in a different era, and in any case Angel's 'problems' and the supposed lack of support were far removed from the reality.

Offline Pete

« Reply #793 on: June 09, 2015, 11:49:04 PM »

It's a different time, in a different era, and in any case Angel's 'problems' and the supposed lack of support were far removed from the reality.

Wasn't one of his kids very ill? Or his wife? That's enough to affect anyone's performance at work

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #794 on: June 09, 2015, 11:54:37 PM »

Wasn't one of his kids very ill? Or his wife? That's enough to affect anyone's performance at work

His wife had a bit of a rough time while she was pregnant but 'sources' said that the problem was that he expected 24 hour attention and you just don't get that at Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal