collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by olaftab
[Today at 04:08:28 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:08:02 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:03:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:59:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 03:58:15 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:49:31 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 04:08:28 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:08:02 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 04:07:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:03:20 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:59:30 PM]

Re: FFP by aev
[Today at 03:59:04 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 03:58:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192369 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #765 on: June 05, 2015, 11:11:45 PM »
The Stoke game really pinpinted his weakness, he is probably the most skilfull player at the club but he has to be able to cope with aggressive defenders.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #766 on: June 05, 2015, 11:35:26 PM »
Everyone assumes from his lack of involvement that Sherwood doesn't rate him. Having seen his performance in the Stoke game, he might just have felt that he couldn't afford to let someone accumulate to the Premier League at a time when we were fighting for our lives. He was getting knocked off the ball so easily against Stoke that it's a valid point.

Or even acclimatise. ;)

Offline myf

« Reply #767 on: June 05, 2015, 11:37:08 PM »
The Stoke game really pinpinted his weakness, he is probably the most skilfull player at the club but he has to be able to cope with aggressive defenders.

Horses for courses. He played very well against Chelsea.  Gave their left back a torrid time and was banging the crosses in

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #768 on: June 05, 2015, 11:53:07 PM »

Yet Ron Vlaar continued to get selected despite playing like somebody that was being blackmailed by a Malaysian syndicate.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #769 on: June 05, 2015, 11:57:49 PM »
Personally i think those that are saying he might get a chance now are dreaming and live in a world of pure hope. If he rated him he would have played. It is that simple for me. No 'he was weak against stoke so wouldn't be able to cope with the battle', bollocks, he just doesn't rate him. And in my opinion he's very wrong. I just can't accept persisting with N'Zogbia yet not giving Gil another chance. It just doesn't sit well with me. Even if he came on again and looked terrible, atleast he would have had a further opportunity to prove/disprove. What on earth was N'Zogbia doing 95% of the time?
And d'you know what, some players don't bust a bollock in training but still do it on match day. Not everyone has Milner's ethics. Is he available by the way?

P.S. i understand there is no basis that the reason he is being left out is due to a lack of effort. Pure speculation that he may not be the sort to give 110% in training.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #770 on: June 06, 2015, 01:02:25 AM »
Personally i think those that are saying he might get a chance now are dreaming and live in a world of pure hope. If he rated him he would have played. It is that simple for me. No 'he was weak against stoke so wouldn't be able to cope with the battle', bollocks, he just doesn't rate him. And in my opinion he's very wrong. I just can't accept persisting with N'Zogbia yet not giving Gil another chance. It just doesn't sit well with me. Even if he came on again and looked terrible, atleast he would have had a further opportunity to prove/disprove. What on earth was N'Zogbia doing 95% of the time?
And d'you know what, some players don't bust a bollock in training but still do it on match day. Not everyone has Milner's ethics. Is he available by the way?

P.S. i understand there is no basis that the reason he is being left out is due to a lack of effort. Pure speculation that he may not be the sort to give 110% in training.
I agree with this, playing Nzogbia and not giving Gill a chance was either stupid or pig headed.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #771 on: June 06, 2015, 08:03:37 AM »
someone on talksport yesterday reckoned that celta vigo want him on a permanent deal

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #772 on: June 06, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »
Its a crying shame that the talented Carles does'nt have, in some way, a Spurs connection. Then our manager would be lauding him up to the heavens!

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #773 on: June 06, 2015, 09:55:53 AM »
i dont understand why sherwood persisted with the crock of shit nzogbia and gil couldnt even make the bench

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #774 on: June 06, 2015, 10:01:46 AM »
i dont understand why sherwood persisted with the crock of shit nzogbia and gil couldnt even make the bench

I don't think many of us do.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #775 on: June 06, 2015, 10:03:28 AM »

At only 22 this can easily be worked on. Look at Mata and David Silva, very small players, yet their skill shines through. I'll be fuming if Gil is discarded.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #776 on: June 06, 2015, 10:06:34 AM »
Sometimes it doesn't work out. Perhaps he is struggling to settle? It's happened before with young players who can't speak the language.

Offline supertom

« Reply #777 on: June 06, 2015, 11:00:29 AM »
I don't think it's a case of him not working hard enough in training. I think Delph mentioned Carles works hard in training, but I imagine the nature of our training has perhaps made it hard for Carles to shine through. Sherwood likes us to approach the training with the intensity of match day. He's probably been getting knocked from pillar to post and struggled a bit, and then of course there is the language issue.

Offline SX150

« Reply #778 on: June 06, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »
Gil needs to be given a chance, obvious talent so build on it.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #779 on: June 06, 2015, 01:48:48 PM »
Everyone assumes from his lack of involvement that Sherwood doesn't rate him. Having seen his performance in the Stoke game, he might just have felt that he couldn't afford to let someone accumulate to the Premier League at a time when we were fighting for our lives. He was getting knocked off the ball so easily against Stoke that it's a valid point.

Or even acclimatise. ;)

That would have worked better.

I was only proposing an alternative theory. The counter argument that Sherwood might just not rate him is the more obvious one and would prove to be the case if he's sold on. It would be a shame if that was the case.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal