collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 04:44:20 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R24;Europa Conf🏆 QF ASTON VILLA v Lille OSC! 🥧 by Louzie0
[Today at 04:43:48 PM]

FFP by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 04:43:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 04:40:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 04:31:41 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 04:29:17 PM]

MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 04:25:59 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192389 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #720 on: April 30, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »
Nobody can seriously argue that the attacking side of things hasn't been working under Sherwood, surely?  He's got us playing in a way that suits the squad, and that's surely more important than one individual.  To be honest, I'd have looked half decent in a Paul Lambert side.

Offline supertom

« Reply #721 on: April 30, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »
Johnson is doing well and i'm surprised he never had a run out here, at the same time he's 23 later this year so a bit old to still be a promising youngster in our reserves.
I never really heard about Johnson till he was about 20. Maybe his development just came a bit late. I understand perhaps why we cashed in on him, but perhaps if Lambo had a little more faith in a few of our academy players over the last 3 years, rather than blowing money on players like Bowery, we might have seen a few more breaking into the side. The only one Lambo really seemed to break in was Grealish, and even then I think he could have been braver with Jack earlier in the season.

I will be interested to see just what level Johnson tops out at though.

Offline KRS

« Reply #722 on: April 30, 2015, 07:21:35 PM »
Is Daniel Johnson the one with dreads that runs like a girl? I'm no coach or manager but don't think he'll make it in the Premier League...might find his way to a Championship club. Best of luck to him though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #723 on: April 30, 2015, 07:28:04 PM »
Is Daniel Johnson the one with dreads that runs like a girl? I'm no coach or manager but don't think he'll make it in the Premier League...might find his way to a Championship club. Best of luck to him though.

He's only got to stay at his present club until August to find himself in the Championship.

Offline KRS

« Reply #724 on: April 30, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »
They've got a tricky away trip to high flying Colchester United to win first! ;)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #725 on: April 30, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »

He's only got to stay at his present club until August to find himself in the Championship.

That's if they get promoted. A slip up in their last game and it could well be the lottery of the play-offs.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #726 on: April 30, 2015, 07:38:54 PM »
Nobody can seriously argue that the attacking side of things hasn't been working under Sherwood, surely?  He's got us playing in a way that suits the squad, and that's surely more important than one individual.  To be honest, I'd have looked half decent in a Paul Lambert side.

Indeed, given how we've performed going forward he can't really complain.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #727 on: April 30, 2015, 07:41:34 PM »
It odes surprise me he's not on the bench more though. If we are behind, or even level and want to go for the win i'd have thought he'd be an option. He's more suited to us being on the front foot and going for it rather than a full 90 mins where we may be under the cosh a fair bit at times.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #728 on: April 30, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
No point in keeping him this summer if he's not going to play. We'll hopefully get our money back.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #729 on: April 30, 2015, 07:54:17 PM »
If Lambert was still in charge I'd question (but probably expect) Gil to be sidelined but with Sherwood I imagine he's either looking lightweight in training or doesn't think he has the league experience.

Carles choice if he wants the challenge.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #730 on: April 30, 2015, 08:03:52 PM »
[/b]As for Gil, we shall see. He'll have to up his game in pre-season. He'll probably get a chance in the next four games, as undoubtedly we'll pick up injuries, so he'll have to grab it with both hands.
If you look at Grealish for example. He may be slight but he does put himself about and does work hard. And indeed Delph commented that he and Grealish are last to leave in training. That obviously is another reason why Grealish has pushed ahead of Gil in the pecking order.
[/quote]
I think that he looked "slight" at the beginning of the season, but if you look at him now standing next to Cole, Delph and a few others, he is taller and broader than they are. He can more than handle the rough stuff.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #731 on: May 10, 2015, 06:53:22 AM »
Still think Gil should be at least on the bench. I think he'd look great in this team with his quick feet and passing. Surely he warrants a place ahead of Cole?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #732 on: May 10, 2015, 07:06:20 AM »
Does seem odd he's been totally frozen out.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #733 on: May 10, 2015, 07:08:18 AM »
I think next season he will be ahead of Cole. One thing I will say for Cole is that if he can inspire and teach a few things to Grealish and Gil he is worth keeping.   

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #734 on: May 10, 2015, 07:58:02 AM »
I think next season he will be ahead of Cole. One thing I will say for Cole is that if he can inspire and teach a few things to Grealish and Gil he is worth keeping.

Fair enough but how much are we paying him? As for Gil I can see him going in the summer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal