collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192224 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #690 on: April 10, 2015, 06:06:29 PM »
Any news on the injury to our most technically gifted, wonder goalscoring player?

Online joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #691 on: April 10, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »
Has anyone else pointed out that the front page abbreviates the thread title to "Re: Carles Gil - now off..." which always seems so ominous.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #692 on: April 10, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »
Firstly Gill did not storm off in a taxi and thats fact .....

When Gill was playing there were times when his support of the full back was poor ....that I believe is something that will come in time

I believe its a case that he has not yet come to terms with the Premiership and will need a full pre season before we start to see him ...thats pretty common with players from overseas

Sherwood I believe is simply being cautious and one fact I believe that is hindering Gill starting is the situation with our full backs at the moment ....having said that I am surprised that he is not coming on for 20 minutes if theres a need

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #693 on: April 10, 2015, 06:36:46 PM »
The fullbacks wouldn't be an issue if he was playing behind the strikers, which looks like his best position.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #694 on: April 10, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »
That is just the news we did not want.   Perhaps the taxi story was because he could not drive his own car.

Can't see over the wheel.

*nods*

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #695 on: April 10, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »
Grealish was good last night. Attacking is no longer our problem.

You see these type of comments seem to be put as fact as justification for why Gil should be out in the cold.

What I saw on Tuesday was an incredibly flat second half performance in which the only worthwhile chance was a brilliant individual free kick from Benteke.

This isn't the only time, we didn't create much second half v Swansea and even in the league game v West Brom we weren't really doing much attacking before the late pen.

My point is if Carles Gil isn't starting he should be a sub and come on in second halfs where we hit lulls rather than Joe Cole.

Offline pav

« Reply #696 on: April 10, 2015, 07:34:05 PM »
For what it's worth.. After the rumour gil had left the ground,  just before game stated he came back in the ground via north stand and walked in front of North stand to the tunnel.

Offline supertom

« Reply #697 on: April 10, 2015, 08:02:01 PM »
Grealish was good last night. Attacking is no longer our problem.

You see these type of comments seem to be put as fact as justification for why Gil should be out in the cold.

What I saw on Tuesday was an incredibly flat second half performance in which the only worthwhile chance was a brilliant individual free kick from Benteke.

This isn't the only time, we didn't create much second half v Swansea and even in the league game v West Brom we weren't really doing much attacking before the late pen.

My point is if Carles Gil isn't starting he should be a sub and come on in second halfs where we hit lulls rather than Joe Cole.
I think the Joe Cole thing is purely a case of familiarity. Same as Zogbia. I thought Cole actually did okay when he came on and did create that opening that could have seen Benteke snatch the winner at the end.

Whether he'll ever trust Gil remains to be seen though. But I suspect much will depend on Gil's pre-season. Sometimes as a manager you want the right reaction from a player when they've been dropped. Sherwood clearly feels he's not getting that.

Offline OCD

« Reply #698 on: April 10, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
I think Gil would be more deserving of a place on the bench than Andi Weimann. I can't remember the last time he made a significant contribution.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #699 on: April 10, 2015, 08:31:51 PM »
Manchester City last season.

Offline OCD

« Reply #700 on: April 10, 2015, 08:39:18 PM »
So September 2013, pretty much 18 months.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:41:02 PM by OCD »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #701 on: April 10, 2015, 08:48:30 PM »
Depends if you want to count his winner at Stoke, that he scored in the 2-1 wins over Hull and Bournemouth as well as providing an assist against Hull as well as an assist at Burnley. There was also his goal against Spurs that should have given us at least a point, if not all 3 were in for that little shit Mason.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #702 on: April 10, 2015, 09:09:13 PM »
I'd say Hull at the start of the season 1 goal, 1 assist and played very well in the first half.  2nd half PL withdrew everyone to the edge of our own box and we defended for our lives but the first half was a good performance and Weimann was the key to it.  It was one of those games where you can see that he could be an effective 2nd striker but all too often he's been played on the right wing where he doesn't have anything like the right skillset.

Go on whoscored and look at his position map - http://www.whoscored.com/Players/80719 - scroll down a little.  If you look on the right it gives you their rating for him in each position for this season his rating when played a central striker is much better than his average, and if you look at it historically the same is true for every season he's been with us.  His willingness to run around has led to him being totally misused for the last 3-4 years.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #703 on: April 10, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »
Those type of comments represent an opinion that if you score three goals and don't win a game, then it's not because you didn't have enough attacking options.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #704 on: April 10, 2015, 09:36:07 PM »
Those type of comments represent an opinion that if you score three goals and don't win a game, then it's not because you didn't have enough attacking options.
From what I saw, scoring three goals had very little to do with the quality and quantity of our attacking options - but that we had one fantastic striker playing very well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal