collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192243 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #645 on: April 08, 2015, 02:22:04 AM »
It looks to me like Sherwood sees Gil as a bit of a fancy foreigner. He wants Proper Football Men like Joe Cole or promising youngsters like Grealish who he can use to enhance his reputation as someone who brings youth through.

Forgive me for speculating, but I'm really annoyed by this. For too long, we've needed someone like Gil in our team, I just hope Sherwood realises he's making a mistake.

Seems a reasonable speculation to me. Sherwood does seem to rail against johnny foreigner a lot and he has had issues with spanish players before, Shame because I think gil adds something.

Online martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #646 on: April 08, 2015, 07:48:11 AM »
Must be wondering why he bothered.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #647 on: April 08, 2015, 07:55:19 AM »
I am asking this seriously, what was our results when Gill was in the team ?
To me it is a case that Sherwood wants high pressing, high energy players and Gill for all his suitable silky skills is not that, maybe if we were safe he would be the luxury we can afford but we are not, so it is horses for courses, also if that is the case Gill should knuckle down and get on with it, windows shut, so if he wants to go, he is going nowhere till June.
Also Sherwood does not like foreigners or can't get the best out of them, what part of Small Heath does Adebayor come from then.
To much of don't like Sherwood he is a cockney chancer, we gave so much leeway to Mumbles it was untrue, welcome to Villa Park Tim, were not fickle we just don't like yer.

Online Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #648 on: April 08, 2015, 08:00:13 AM »
Maybe Sherwood takes exception to the ridiculous pronunciation of his surname?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #649 on: April 08, 2015, 08:07:52 AM »
To me it is a case that Sherwood wants high pressing, high energy players and Gill for all his suitable silky skills is not that, maybe if we were safe he would be the luxury we can afford but we are not, so it is horses for courses, also if that is the case Gill should knuckle down and get on with it, windows shut, so if he wants to go, he is going nowhere till June.
Also Sherwood does not like foreigners or can't get the best out of them, what part of Small Heath does Adebayor come from then.
To much of don't like Sherwood he is a cockney chancer, we gave so much leeway to Mumbles it was untrue, welcome to Villa Park Tim, were not fickle we just don't like yer.

I think the puzzlement is down to other alternatives offering no more than Gil, young Jack doesnt press the ball quicker, isnt physically stronger and doesnt keep the ball better. Its just a little strange that hes the only one who hasnt been given a chance.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #650 on: April 08, 2015, 08:12:57 AM »
is sanchez better than gil

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #651 on: April 08, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »

You can answer that question two ways.

1. Is ice cream better than soup?
2. No, but in Sherwood's opinion Grealish, Cole and Nzogbia are.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #652 on: April 08, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »

I think the puzzlement is down to other alternatives offering no more than Gil, young Jack doesnt press the ball quicker, isnt physically stronger and doesnt keep the ball better. Its just a little strange that hes the only one who hasnt been given a chance.

Grealish was superb in the first half last night.  Have to admit to admit I'd have been happier with Gill on the bench than Cole though.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #653 on: April 08, 2015, 08:42:45 AM »

I'm not usre what you mean by asking that. They play in different positions.

Online aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #654 on: April 08, 2015, 08:53:47 AM »
From the glimpses of Gil he is undoubtedly exciting but we don't see how they train during the week - one of the (many) criticisms of Lambert was his stubbornness in picking the same players over and over again.

Offline MONCABA

« Reply #655 on: April 08, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »
I'm not claiming to be ITK, but word from the dressing room is Gil and Sherwood don't like each other very much. It is alleged he stormed off when he was told he wasnt in last night's squad. Worrying if true.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #656 on: April 08, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »

Grealish was superb in the first half last night.  Have to admit to admit I'd have been happier with Gill on the bench than Cole though.

how was Grealish superb? He did ok but he is too slow to react and sometimes slow to release the ball. Definitely got a lot of potential but more of an impact player than a starter for me at the moment

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #657 on: April 08, 2015, 10:43:39 AM »
I thought Jack was OK, no more, no less, he kept the ball pretty well at times but didn't really hurt them apart from playing Cleverley in the once. He's only young and I look forward to seeing him develop but for me he doesn't commit opposing players as well as Gil does.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #658 on: April 08, 2015, 10:48:49 AM »
We don't know what happens in training or behind closed doors, according to what I've read about Sherwood if you aren't doing it in Training then your not in the team.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #659 on: April 08, 2015, 10:51:33 AM »
We don't know what happens in training or behind closed doors, according to what I've read about Sherwood if you aren't doing it in Training then your not in the team.

What if, like Weimann, you haven't done it in the team for nearly a year? It's hard to imagine how bad Gil must be doing in training, if that's the reason for his being behind Weimann. To be honest, I have a feeling Sherwood's going with the players he's heard of before coming to Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal