collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192267 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #600 on: April 07, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »
If Sherwood plays him tonight (and I don't think he will) Joey Barton will tackle him very hard in the first ten minutes just to see how he reacts.
I suspect Mr Sherwood will use Sanchez to combat any tricks Barton might get up to. It is also time for Benteke to turn in a match winning performance. For a man of his size and power he is capable of offering a lot more than he has been giving.

I  don't quite get the recent Benteke bashing. He scored on Saturday, scored the winner against Albion with a very cool penalty under the circumstances and scored two very good goals against Sunderland. Others need to chip in as well, we can't look to him all the time.

It's more his general demenour and seeming lack of interest and effort.

Lack of effort? 4 in the last 4 games is it?

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #601 on: April 07, 2015, 09:11:58 AM »
That's why I suggested demeanor and seeming lack of effort - rather than goals.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #602 on: April 07, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »
I Think I was shocked to see how easily the Stoke defence eased him off the ball, and he just went further back into the midfield trying to get time on the ball which he didn't.  In today's game all of our opponent s will have seen this.  I hope he is trying to come to terms with this part of Premiership, and think think T S  wants solid and reliable at the moment.
Yes, he lost possession frequently when he dropped back. Sherwood would not have been impressed.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #603 on: April 07, 2015, 09:22:17 AM »
If Sherwood plays him tonight (and I don't think he will) Joey Barton will tackle him very hard in the first ten minutes just to see how he reacts.
I suspect Mr Sherwood will use Sanchez to combat any tricks Barton might get up to. It is also time for Benteke to turn in a match winning performance. For a man of his size and power he is capable of offering a lot more than he has been giving.

I  don't quite get the recent Benteke bashing. He scored on Saturday, scored the winner against Albion with a very cool penalty under the circumstances and scored two very good goals against Sunderland. Others need to chip in as well, we can't look to him all the time.

It's more his general demenour and seeming lack of interest and effort.

Lack of effort? 4 in the last 4 games is it?

yep I agree with you clampy
the problem with Benteke is he is an extremely laid back character, sometimes this can be misinterpreted as not being bothered
even when he scores sometimes he just raises his hand thing like its no big deal, its just the way he is, and it also comes over in the few interviews he's given, he normaly gives straight answers to questions which can be seen as he's not happy or whatever

the day he signed he was talking about arsenal, he just talks openly and honestly, I like him for that, but ultimately he is his own man,
I think he is totally commited to keeping Villa up even though at times he looks a bit elsewhere

Online David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #604 on: April 07, 2015, 09:32:36 AM »
Benteke looks a player who had no preseason.He is scoring but he is not the ''Beast'' from his first season.His hold up play is lacking of late with his strength needs to hold the ball up better to allow the team to get forward to support.

Online exigo

« Reply #605 on: April 07, 2015, 12:52:37 PM »
He can be smoking a pipe in a deckchair in the centre circle for all I care, as long as he scores in all of our games this season.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #606 on: April 07, 2015, 02:11:48 PM »
If Benteke keeps scoring I'm not too fussed about his demeanour.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #607 on: April 07, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
Some people are going to pray for Benteke walzing about next season when they catch a sight of Adebayor literally ambling around without a care in the world.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #608 on: April 07, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »
That was the accusation levelled at Matt Le Tissier, I wish we'd got the opportunity to see him ambling around in a Villa shirt.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #609 on: April 07, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »
Pretty sure he won't be a Villa player very long with Sherwood in charge.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #610 on: April 07, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »
Pretty sure he won't be a Villa player very long with Sherwood in charge.

If we only had to keep one..

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #611 on: April 07, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »
I pray this whole Gil isn't becoming spite. We just fucking came out the whole bomb squad bollocks. The last thing we need is a new one.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #612 on: April 07, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
This worries me, and I think that what worries me most about it is the implication there might be stuff going on behind the scenes that we'd be better off without.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #613 on: April 07, 2015, 07:09:56 PM »
Joke if true

Offline django

« Reply #614 on: April 07, 2015, 07:10:17 PM »
I can't help but feel like Sherwood doesn't want us to be saved by Lamberts last throw of the dice rather than one of his own.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal