collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Dave
[Today at 10:27:30 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:25:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:24:40 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by johnc
[Today at 10:19:28 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:13:48 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192150 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2015, 02:06:09 PM »
What a shit cutback.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2015, 02:06:22 PM »
Look! Look! Look! A footballer!

A midfielder laying a pass off and running into the box to receive the return ball?

Ha ha ha, what a load of nonsense that is.

Its fake footage, just like the moon landings

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #467 on: January 19, 2015, 02:07:30 PM »
He's crap. Note the way he slows down when entering the box having given the pass. Useless! If he'd maintained his speed he'd have scored.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #468 on: January 19, 2015, 03:09:46 PM »

A midfielder laying a pass off and running into the box to receive the return ball?

Its fake footage, just like the moon landings

Wow, I almost cried when I saw that!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2015, 03:34:31 PM »
They need to put that conspiracy to bed and the only way they'll do that is by going back to the moon and finding the ball Carew put up there when he took that penalty at Newcastle.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »
They need to put that conspiracy to bed and the only way they'll do that is by going back to the moon and finding the ball Carew put up there when he took that penalty at Newcastle.

They'll probably find Nigel Callaghan's corner from Loftus Rd in 1989 next to it.

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »

I don't remember that one. Was that the 0-6 game?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2015, 06:14:28 PM »
What a shit cutback.

I thought Weimann looked good after he came on with Gil. I can imagine a number of our players looking better with more positive tactics and players like Gil being involved.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #473 on: January 19, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »
What a shit cutback.

I thought Weimann looked good after he came on with Gil. I can imagine a number of our players looking better with more positive tactics and players like Gil being involved.

Weimann up top is a better player than the shit midfield/wide Weimann who hasn't got a clue where he is meant to be.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #474 on: January 19, 2015, 06:25:59 PM »
What a shit cutback.

Very harsh.  It was a very good run and a good effort at getting the ball back in.  Just bad luck it didn't come off really.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #475 on: January 19, 2015, 06:40:19 PM »
It is really not though

Look at Weimann 3 years ago and now.

Look at Gabby

Look at Benteke

Look at Nzogbia in Lambert's first season, some of the goals we scored he was terrific in driving us forward.

Every ounce of forward skill and ability has been squeezed out of the side in his desperate attempt to make us more solid at the back, which fair play, we are, but he has got the balance so horribly wrong that players that looked like they would kick on are shadows of their former abilities, and that is saying something when you consider they were not actually that great to start with.

I agree with you that we have sacrificed attempting to score for more solid organisation. However the players you have mentioned:

Gabby, has been going backwards anyway for several seasons, not sure how much is the manager although being dropped for several matches might wake him up.

Nzog, had a few good matches in that final run but is as good under Lambert as he was under the previous incumbent and for most of his career barring the Wigan stint.

Benteke, coming back from a long injury and having to create his own chances as no one else will. But also a bit petulant (for example, the bollocking he gave Bacuna at the end of the Manure match when it would have been a tough ball and most analysts agreed he should have been more in the box then hanging around at 20 yard line).

Weimann, has been disappointing and doesn't seem to have kicked on, however the run when Gil got past the midfielder still shows he had more awareness then the other attackers who I think were all surprised the ball wasn't lost / passed sideways. (CB looked on his heels).

For the Arsenal match I personally would take out Weimann and Gabby and play Gil and Grealish / Delph* in two attacking midfield roles supporting CB. Then have Westwood and Sanchez with Delph* / Cleverley behind. That should hopefully allow some protection but give us some creativity up front. Obviously it would mean CB would need to be on his game though which he hasn't always been the last few weeks.

* Obviously if playing one position he won't be in the other but he should be on the pitch in some capacity as he is sometimes the only player to drive at them (or he was last season anyway).

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »
And great to see Benteke and Gabby working their arses off to stretch their defence by standing still and waiting!

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2015, 07:26:13 PM »

Lambert wont be happy , I bet he was writing in his pad , keep possession , don't get into box and try to get on the end of a pass , you must get back in your own half .

Offline LeeB

« Reply #478 on: January 20, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »
What a shit cutback.

Very harsh.  It was a very good run and a good effort at getting the ball back in.  Just bad luck it didn't come off really.
What a shit cutback.

It is harsh, but it's also top level football, and for me it's poor technique. He's got half a yard on the defender, that ball should comfortably slide along the turf for Gil to stroke home.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #479 on: January 20, 2015, 08:22:02 PM »
What a shit cutback.

What a shit cutback.

It is harsh, but it's also top level football, and for me it's poor technique. He's got half a yard on the defender, that ball should comfortably slide along the turf for Gil to stroke home.

Harsh still, I think he was surprised to have the option rather than having to pass out to Hutton so his body angle is all wrong to play that pass.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal