collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192227 times)

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
Re: Carles Gil - now officially signed
« Reply #345 on: January 14, 2015, 09:47:33 AM »
Bienvenido Carles!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #346 on: January 14, 2015, 10:37:07 AM »

I want Lambert 's football to change, I don't dislike Lambert himself just that the style of football he serves up is so negative but what this signing is saying to me is the Lambert has finally realised what most of us have been complaining about and is trying to address the issue within the budget constraints placed upon him. This is the time to support the club not tear it apart with stupid embarrassing demonstration during a game.   

I'd like Lambert to get the sack. He should have got it ages ago, and on several occasions.

The fact is, though, he isn't, so given that, I'd like him to stop being so shit and start getting us playing football and getting results. Or at least goals.

Hopefully this, and another, signing will help.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #347 on: January 14, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »
Is he any relation to Jesus?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:03:58 AM by Dave Javu »

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #348 on: January 14, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »

As a follower of Jesus, I find your underlining of the word "Jesus" to be extremely offensive.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »
I can't stop calling him "Benny" Gil.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #350 on: January 14, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »

As a follower of Jesus, I find your underlining of the word "Jesus" to be extremely offensive.

It is actually Heh Zeus Hill in the correct Spanish pronunciation as apposed to saying it like Jee Zus Gill. So there.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #351 on: January 14, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »
 hope that he turns out to be the player we need, I think the correct creative midfielder could make a major difference to us and make us into a decent team

However, we have to bear in mind that we have paid just over 3 million for him, we haven't signed David Silva or Samir Nasri. Lets hope he turns out to be a bargain but try not to expect too much

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »
hope that he turns out to be the player we need, I think the correct creative midfielder could make a major difference to us and make us into a decent team

However, we have to bear in mind that we have paid just over 3 million for him, we haven't signed David Silva or Samir Nasri. Lets hope he turns out to be a bargain but try not to expect too much
But then Swansea weren't complaining when they picked up Michu for a couple of million from the same league.

You're right to say not to expect too much, but I'm pretty sure that any Spaniard apart from Luna and Cuellar would give us more flair and creativity than we currently have.

Even if weren't actually a footballer, just being Spanish would probably be enough.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #353 on: January 14, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »
By all accounts good positive singing. I  was aware we were interested in Matty Grimes but felt he wasn't ready for premier league 1st team action . Obviously Villa are hoping for this move to be a success and I can compare Alvarez at Sunderland who has come in to their club as a player of similar attributes. (Note has taking time to settle.quality player, similar lamela of spurs both may not be suited to premier league)  Playing wise I would say you're looking at similar play making qualities of Carlos vela or Giovanni Santos and Carzola and Silva at the top end. Keep the faith.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #354 on: January 14, 2015, 01:01:41 PM »

But then Swansea weren't complaining when they picked up Michu for a couple of million from the same league.

You're right to say not to expect too much, but I'm pretty sure that any Spaniard apart from Luna and Cuellar would give us more flair and creativity than we currently have.

Even if weren't actually a footballer, just being Spanish would probably be enough.

if he has anything like the impact that Michu had in his first season I would be delighted

in fact, where is Michu now? Can't we sign him as well?

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #355 on: January 14, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »

It is actually Heh Zeus Hill in the correct Spanish pronunciation as apposed to saying it like Jee Zus Gill. So there.

The entire Spanish speaking world is nothing but a running dog infidel for using the name Jesus in the first place. Etc etc etc

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2015, 01:30:01 PM »
From Lambert - "he should be good once he is fit" - ffs - been playing for a top side in La Liga, how unfit can he be?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #357 on: January 14, 2015, 01:38:41 PM »
By all accounts good positive singing. I  was aware we were interested in Matty Grimes but felt he wasn't ready for premier league 1st team action . Obviously Villa are hoping for this move to be a success and I can compare Alvarez at Sunderland who has come in to their club as a player of similar attributes. (Note has taking time to settle.quality player, similar lamela of spurs both may not be suited to premier league)  Playing wise I would say you're looking at similar play making qualities of Carlos vela or Giovanni Santos and Carzola and Silva at the top end. Keep the faith.

Cheers, lad.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2015, 01:46:48 PM »
From Lambert - "he should be good once he is fit" - ffs - been playing for a top side in La Liga, how unfit can he be?
11 times this season only.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »
11 times this season only.

He'll be fitter than Joe Cole, who was our "creator" last week, mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal