collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:22:39 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 05:20:30 PM]

Re: FFP by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:18:29 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:17:17 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 05:16:37 PM]

Re: FFP by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:15:13 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:14:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192416 times)

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

Re: Carles Gil
« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2015, 11:05:14 AM »
Villa's big fan Pat Murphy  ;) is on the BBC web site saying there's a prpblem over the agent's fee. Shouldn't the Villa's negotiators have agreed these out in advance, not at the last minute.

Does anyone at B6 know what they are doing?

Piss Up and Brewery come to mind.

please enlighten us, what part of transfer dealings should be agreed in advance and what should be agreed at the last minute? When does in advance become last minute? How long does the last minute last for?

I'm no expert but I would imagine that most transfers take place over a number of days/weeks, during which lots of things have to be agreed and at any point during those discussions, things may crop up which may or may not be resolved. I am not sure what order those things need to be agreed, if that order is the same for all transfers, and if something can't be agreed that it is necessarily the clubs fault all the time.

what if the agent, at the last minute (if we are indeed in the last minute yet) decided to double the fees that he wanted. Should the club just pay up anyway so that they aren't seen to be fucking up "at the last minute"?

very few of us know the process that these deals go through so lets just hope that it comes to a satisfactory resolution without starting to think that the world is coming to an end

« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2015, 11:06:21 AM »
It's just another sign of how far our once great club has fallen.

I presume that is tongue in cheek?

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »
No word filter then?  If we are stuck with Lambert we are going to need new blood or a miracle, I was briefly buoyed this morning with the thought of a "creative" player in the door, back to square one =(

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2015, 11:07:26 AM »
Clampy it's a bit previous to tell all about a press conference for a player without actually having the deal done. As if a press conference for a bit part player for 3m wasn't small time enough already.

I agree holding a press conference is a little unusual, for us anyway. As for the transfer, it must have been a very last minute hitch. It happens.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2015, 11:13:30 AM »
It's just another sign of how far our once great club has fallen.
That is not true when it comes to transfers. We have managed transfers better than most if not all clubs. Just wait it will be done.

Offline Boz

« Reply #230 on: January 13, 2015, 11:13:39 AM »
Villa's big fan Pat Murphy  ;) is on the BBC web site saying there's a prpblem over the agent's fee. Shouldn't the Villa's negotiators have agreed these out in advance, not at the last minute.

please enlighten us, what part of transfer dealings should be agreed in advance and what should be agreed at the last minute? When does in advance become last minute? How long does the last minute last for?

I'm no expert but I would imagine that most transfers take place over a number of days/weeks, during which lots of things have to be agreed and at any point during those discussions, things may crop up which may or may not be resolved. I am not sure what order those things need to be agreed, if that order is the same for all transfers, and if something can't be agreed that it is necessarily the clubs fault all the time.

what if the agent, at the last minute (if we are indeed in the last minute yet) decided to double the fees that he wanted. Should the club just pay up anyway so that they aren't seen to be fucking up "at the last minute"?

very few of us know the process that these deals go through so lets just hope that it comes to a satisfactory resolution without starting to think that the world is coming to an end

I'm well aware contract negotiations are often tricky and changeable, and of course the agent could have wanted double his fees once at B6, thinking he's in a strong position, but the Villa management team should have made their position clear before the meeting regarding the agent's commission, and that they wouldn't be held to ransom.

I certainly don't think the world is coming to an end if we don't sign a player who has yet to establish himself at Valencia.

« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2015, 11:17:52 AM »

I'm well aware contract negotiations are often tricky and changeable, and of course the agent could have wanted double his fees once at B6, thinking he's in a strong position, but the Villa management team should have made their position clear before the meeting regarding the agent's commission, and that they wouldn't be held to ransom.

I certainly don't think the world is coming to an end if we don't sign a player who has yet to establish himself at Valencia.

that's exactly my point though, they may well have made their position clear and agreed the agents fees yesterday/the day before/last week - that still doesn't stop the agent suddenly saying that he wants double - we just don't know

and I agree with olaftab, over the last few years, we have dealt with transfers very well. Probably because no-one else wants most of the players we end up with :-)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2015, 11:20:27 AM »

You make it sound so simple and straightforward.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »

that's exactly my point though, they may well have made their position clear and agreed the agents fees yesterday/the day before/last week - that still doesn't stop the agent suddenly saying that he wants double - we just don't know
Fully agree.

There's a lot of bad stuff hanging around the club at the moment, but a useful-looking transfer that we had no idea about this time last week taking an extra day because of an agent messing around isn't really too high up that list.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
I agree but holding a press conference that you have to cancel makes you look silly without the need to and adds to the image of complete chaos

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #235 on: January 13, 2015, 12:01:10 PM »
I agree but holding a press conference that you have to cancel makes you look silly without the need to and adds to the image of complete chaos
There's nothing on the club website or Twitter feed about a press conference being cancelled, or even being announced in the first place.

When did the club say that these things were (or indeed, weren't) happening?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:03:26 PM by Dave »

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #236 on: January 13, 2015, 12:05:17 PM »
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/carles-gil-says-he-s-a-little-sad-over-aston-villa-transfer-but-i

Gil has been quoted by Spanish newspaper Marca as saying "I'm going with a thorn. The Mestalla has not seen the real Carles Gil. For one or other circumstances I could not prove everything I wanted here, but I've been at Valencia since age five, it's the club of my life and I want to thank everyone who has helped me and the fans for the support they have given me. I hope it is a goodbye for now and then we'll soon meet again."

Asked if it was his dream to return to Valencia, Gil said "Life is very long and many things happen. I hope that we can see in the future."

Whilst Gil may be sad, he's well aware of the opportunity being handed to him by Aston Villa and is keen to prove himself a good signing "It's a very important opportunity, because they are a very strong team who counted on me, an important club in England. I'm raring to go there and do well."

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2015, 12:09:09 PM »
Well let's hope he gets the chance.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »
http://www.plazadeportiva.com/ver/31023/carles-gil-pasa-reconocimiento-medico-y-ya-es-jugador-del-aston-villa.html

VALENCIA. Carles Gil is new player and Aston Villa. The agreement between clubs is closed on Sunday and the player traveled this Monday night, after saying goodbye to all members of the club in Paterna, to pass a medical examination and sign the contract you join the club of Birmingham for this season and five more.

Early Tuesday, they were still closing the last fringes of negotiation between the player and the English club itself, but it has now been resolved and the player has passed without any problems medical tests that leave completely done deal.

With this operation the Valencia receives via four million euros and over two variables and the Valencian entity a right of first refusal is stored in a future sale of the player and if not run receive 10% of the transfer.

The intention of Aston Villa is that Carles Gil debut next weekend in the game against Liverpool and coach Paul Lambert has very confident that with the arrival of Valencian young can end equipment problems, which takes four games unmarked and is in a major crisis of results.

Medical passed

Nice translation of our current issues at the end  :)

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2015, 12:21:30 PM »
http://www.plazadeportiva.com/ver/31023/carles-gil-pasa-reconocimiento-medico-y-ya-es-jugador-del-aston-villa.html

VALENCIA. Carles Gil is new player and Aston Villa. The agreement between clubs is closed on Sunday and the player traveled this Monday night, after saying goodbye to all members of the club in Paterna, to pass a medical examination and sign the contract you join the club of Birmingham for this season and five more.

Early Tuesday, they were still closing the last fringes of negotiation between the player and the English club itself, but it has now been resolved and the player has passed without any problems medical tests that leave completely done deal.

With this operation the Valencia receives via four million euros and over two variables and the Valencian entity a right of first refusal is stored in a future sale of the player and if not run receive 10% of the transfer.

The intention of Aston Villa is that Carles Gil debut next weekend in the game against Liverpool and coach Paul Lambert has very confident that with the arrival of Valencian young can end equipment problems, which takes four games unmarked and is in a major crisis of results.

Medical passed

Nice translation of our current issues at the end  :)

Heartening to hear that " Paul Lambert has very confident that with the arrival of Valencian young can end equipment problems".

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal