collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192311 times)

Offline CAitken

• GM : Jul, 2014
Re: Carles Gil
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2015, 08:16:18 PM »
All the skills and no final ball apparently, from what I have read. Should slot in well...

Fingers crossed this isn't the case.

I read somewhere that the holocaust didn't happen but I don't believe that.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2015, 08:18:21 PM »
Has to be seen as a positive signing, looking like a done deal now.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2015, 08:18:31 PM »
You didn't mention genius, just if they were any good. All 4 are pretty good. And signed for us. Or don't you think Okore (who turned down Chelsea to join us) and Sanchez are any good?

Okore probably turned Chelsea down as he didn't want to be loaned straight back to where he came from, which is what would've happened.

How many games do you need to play to be confirmed good? I'd say at least a season. Until then, if you play well, you look like you could be good.

Why didn't you list all the shit players we've signed who nobody else wanted?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2015, 08:20:27 PM »
You didn't mention genius, just if they were any good. All 4 are pretty good. And signed for us. Or don't you think Okore (who turned down Chelsea to join us) and Sanchez are any good?

Okore probably turned Chelsea down as he didn't want to be loaned straight back to where he came from, which is what would've happened.

How many games do you need to play to be confirmed good? I'd say at least a season. Until then, if you play well, you look like you could be good.

Because that wasn't your original point. So we're agreed then, we sign some good players.

Offline villabear

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2015, 08:20:34 PM »
Just seen this on Twitter: Miran Saric, who writes on La Liga regularly for SB Nation's Real Madrid blog added that Gil is a "tricky little guy with the ball at his feet, pretty solid passer. Can't score to save his life."
Should fit in well

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2015, 08:20:48 PM »
From the video he looks like he can go by a player and at least tries to get the ball into the danger area, which is more than about 90% of our squad can manage. So based on that, it's a goer.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2015, 08:21:52 PM »

I'm not sure what your point is to be honest.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2015, 08:24:10 PM »

So there was a reason the good players we've signed such as benteke, vlaar or okore did sign for us, but those reasons aren't legitimate now?

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2015, 08:27:59 PM »
Who is Dave Cartlidge? Is that a real name? Do we have reason to believe he knows the deal's fine print?

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »
Looks Silvaesque to me.Which is better than Tonevesque in my book.

Offline frank black

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »
All the skills and no final ball apparently, from what I have read. Should slot in well...

Fingers crossed this isn't the case.

I read somewhere that the holocaust didn't happen but I don't believe that.

A slightly OTT way of saying, don't believe everything you read. I wasn't reading the works of Jean-Marie Le Pen.

As I said let's hope he proves to be a good find.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »
If this boy is signed I hope it's the start of a few significant changes.
IF something isn't working - in all walks of life - something needs to be changed. Lambert seems stubborn enough to carry on, game after game, with the same unsuccessful personnel and plan/s.
I'm hoping this may be the start of something different, but positive!

As much as it hurts me to say it, Gabby is doing nothing for the team at all and needs to sort it sharpish or be dropped until he decides he's got a proper contribution to make...and demonstrate it. Every fan and player in the country knows what Gabby brings to the party...or used to. He doesn't bring his pace any more. Likewise Weimann, or play him alongside Benteke, as in Lambert season 1 when they played well together.
N'Zogbia brings us nothing, consistently, so we need to let him go and replace him with Grealish/Bacuna...at least someone who can offer MORE threat to the opposition - something that Aston Villa as a team simply seem incapable of doing at the moment. Even to the likes of Sunderland, C Palace and fu**in' Leicester Fu**in' City!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2015, 08:51:42 PM »
Would signing Gil mean we send TC7 back up the M6?

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2015, 08:55:18 PM »
Not sure, but have we not got Cleverley for the season?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2015, 08:57:39 PM »
Get Gil in, although, I know fuck all about him. Then a wide player. That'll be the Cleverley money spent.

I'd whack a bid in for Puncheon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal