collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192253 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Carles Gil
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2015, 07:32:41 PM »
I'm glad another player is coming in and he does look quite handy, but we don't play anywhere near the kind of football that those video's showed.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2015, 07:33:28 PM »
I'm glad another player is coming in and he does look quite handy, but we don't play anywhere near the kind of football that those video's showed.

We will be now though!

#Believe

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2015, 07:38:17 PM »

We will be now though!

#Believe

Project Lambert Rebuild is about to enter the crucial "stage 38.2", where the emphasis becomes "attacking the opposition goal".

#wegoagain

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2015, 07:39:16 PM »
#PrayForGoals

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2015, 07:39:32 PM »
He does look talented but I'd be pleasantly surprised if he contributes too much this season

One goal and three assists last season for elche . .

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »
This worries me a little.

David Cartlidge
‏@davidjaca
Further details on Carles Gil deal. Valencia retains an option to buyback of around €12m, as well as 10% of any future sale.

If true, and it ever gets to that point he'll have done really well with us. Hopefully by that stage we'll have identified the next Gil.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »
Can I be the first to say "Carles has helped us to change the way we play. So we were unlucky to lose his first three games here."

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2015, 07:42:47 PM »

David Cartlidge
‏@davidjaca
Further details on Carles Gil deal. Valencia retains an option to buyback of around €12m, as well as 10% of any future sale.

If true, and it ever gets to that point he'll have done really well with us. Hopefully by that stage we'll have identified the next Gil.

The only way it is a worry is if he is the next Messi. Otherwise i'm not going to worry that a club can buy him back for 3x what we paid as TV says, he will have had to have played very well for us.

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2015, 07:44:44 PM »

David Cartlidge
‏@davidjaca

I'm not too bothered. We'd still make a profit if they did end up buying him back.

Shows Valencia still rate him though. Wonder if they wanted a higher fee, and we suggested this as a compromise?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »

David Cartlidge
‏@davidjaca

The only way it is a worry is if he is the next Messi. Otherwise i'm not going to worry that a club can buy him back for 3x what we paid as TV says, he will have had to have played very well for us.

Next Messi?

Not really. We're talking about someone having an option at £9m or so, when we're paying £3-4m for him in the first place. It strikes me as a bit shortsighted.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2015, 07:49:25 PM »
I'm fine with short-sighted as we've been blind at best the last few months. If this lad comes in and does a good job for a year or two and then gets sold back at a profit, it's not the end of the world. Particularly if he saves us getting relegated like Bent did.

If he didn't have that buy-back clause and was good, he'd fuck off to Liverpool or Man City like a rat off a sinking ship anyway. They all do.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »

David Cartlidge
‏@davidjaca

Fine by me - if his value trebles he'll have done well for us.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2015, 07:53:26 PM »

David Cartlidge
‏@davidjaca

Next Messi?

Not really. We're talking about someone having an option at £9m or so, when we're paying £3-4m for him in the first place. It strikes me as a bit shortsighted.

I mean the only concern is if he is so good that he is worth a lot more than the buyback price.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2015, 07:54:36 PM »
I want to be enthusiastic about it, I really do...but I can't for a couple of reasons:

1 - why has he joined us? If he was any good, would somebody else not have signed him?
2 - Lambert doesn't really have a good record when signing players

However, hopefully I'm talking complete shit and being the complete pessimist. Here's to the next Messi joining Villa!

Looking at it in a different light, if he can pass, then he's a step up. If he can control a ball, he's a step up. If he can control and then pass to one of his own players, it's 10 steps up. If he can run whilst doing that, he's the best player in the club by a mile. Anything else, like shooting, is a bonus!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:57:18 PM by Can Bent Be Bettered!?!? »

Offline frank black

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2015, 07:55:20 PM »
Buy back option? Can't say I have heard of that one before. Anyone know of any examples of this?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal