collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:22:21 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:20:13 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 03:33:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:30:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:26:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:24:46 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 03:24:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 03:23:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 03:23:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is celebrating an away goal among home fans ever acceptable?  (Read 33977 times)

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
Re: Is celebrating an away goal among home fans ever acceptable?
« Reply #270 on: December 24, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
As someone said earlier I think there are some grounds you can get away with it - I moved south 20 years ago and Villa results still influence my weekend.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #271 on: December 24, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
I idly wondered this morning if there was any scope for the club to take any further action against him for deliberately flouting the terms and conditions of the sale. Largely for shits and giggles of course but might be interesting to demonstrate to interlopers of the possible consequences of failing to abide by the house rules.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #272 on: December 24, 2014, 01:36:53 PM »
Was in the club shop on new St Sunday and 2 what Dave whelan would call chinks but me being politically correct would class as people from another country were trying to buy tickets for the liverpool game.
Guy behind the counter said you have to have a booking history so if you buy tickets for sunderlNd game you can then have tickets for the Liverpool game they declined and walked out.
Why don't they just wear a top with Gerrard on the back fooking glory hunting shits

Bit harsh.

That match is 3 weeks away. It isn't inconceivable that they're, for example, locally based students wanting to watch a match.

I've seen plenty of young chinese people at our matches, decked out in claret and blue, and not only when we play Liverpool or Man United.

Correct - and may I add one or 2 South Koreans on occasions, including my Good Lady.
As long as they are not North Koreans

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #273 on: December 24, 2014, 03:40:12 PM »
Was in the club shop on new St Sunday and 2 what Dave whelan would call chinks but me being politically correct would class as people from another country were trying to buy tickets for the liverpool game.
Guy behind the counter said you have to have a booking history so if you buy tickets for sunderlNd game you can then have tickets for the Liverpool game they declined and walked out.
Why don't they just wear a top with Gerrard on the back fooking glory hunting shits

Bit harsh.

That match is 3 weeks away. It isn't inconceivable that they're, for example, locally based students wanting to watch a match.

I've seen plenty of young chinese people at our matches, decked out in claret and blue, and not only when we play Liverpool or Man United.

Correct - and may I add one or 2 South Koreans on occasions, including my Good Lady.
As long as they are not North Koreans

A couple of Korean kids came to last seasons Sunderland game to watch their Korean player, we chatted to them at half-time - not really a match to win them over though was it?

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
About my post that was a bit harsh about the 2 ppl trying to buy tickets for the Liverpool game.
They didn't want tickets for the palace game
They didn't want tickets  for the sunderland game
But wanted tickets for the Liverpool game
Oh yea they must of been 100% claret and blue then

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2014, 05:17:43 PM »
About my post that was a bit harsh about the 2 ppl trying to buy tickets for the Liverpool game.

Perhaps the Liverpool game was the only one they could get to.

Offline Rico

« Reply #276 on: December 24, 2014, 05:18:50 PM »
The question, "Is celebrating an away goal among home fans acceptable?"

Answer: yes if you don't mind either:
A: Taking the chance that you're going to be on the receiving end of dogs abuse.
B: Taking the chance that you're going to be on the receiving end of a good few slaps.
C: Taking the chance that you're going to be ejected from the ground.

If you're happy with any of the above then yeah crack on. Might be an idea to leave the kids at home though.  Or here's a thought,  if they are such big yanited fans why not give them the whole theatre of dreams experience and feck of to Old Trafford you numpty.

Seriously though, what is it with these plastic mancs that they seem to think it's ok to sit wherever they want, to invade the pitch whenever they like and to act like a bunch of cocks wherever they go.

Coincidently I was having a similar conversation with a plastic manc a few days before the game. They honestly do not understand the dislike that most football fans have for them. I actually said to them to truly understand the distaste that most football fans have for man yanited you should go to an away match and sit amongst the home fans to get the full experience, only then will you be able to see for yourself that not everyone loves yanited. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #277 on: December 24, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »

Do you think that all the 15,000 who wanted to go to the Man U game but didn't fancy Southampton at home were Man U fans?

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »
Where I sit its usually quite empty. Partly because season ticket holders tend to move from their seat to a more central area. Against Manure it was packed. Quite a lot of the new faces that day had something on them that stated they were Villa fans (scarf, top, badge et al). No one celebrated their goal-   but it seemed everyone did our goal. What was amusing was the amount of people complaining that they had to sit in their own seat for once.

Offline peter w

« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2014, 06:03:43 PM »
My 6ft7 Blackpool mate wants to come in the Villa end v Blackpool. You wouldn't argue with him because he's built like brick shit house as well. But, and he's the dad of two young kids, he wouldn't dream of either showing colours or behaving like a tool. Football fans know the boundaries. This day tripper clearly didn't.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2014, 08:02:37 PM »
Few years ago we played a night match at Elland Road, think it may have been a league cup match. Anyway a lad I worked with was a ST holder there and his mate couldn't make it so he offered me the ticket. We were in the home end in the middle right behind the goal. Ian Taylor scored right in front of us and, together with all the Leeds fans, I leapt to my feet punching the air shouting "you bast&&I'd" except all those around me didn't notice that while their faces were twisted with hate mine was full of joy.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2014, 11:14:35 PM »
I had a listen to the phone-in earlier that this story originated from, and it seems that the main area of complaint from everyone involved (caller, presenter, tosspot pundit) was that it was the family stand that they were thrown out of.

It seems that they thought that "family" was a synonym for neutral and that the fact that it was "family" meant that it didn't matter how they reacted as long as there were kids involved somewhere along the line.

So in this specific instance, his lack of understanding of the point of our family stand is what has caused the issue.

Lawrie from Birmingham definitely sounded like a prick.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2014, 11:44:42 PM »

Bit harsh.

I see a lot more Chinese people around Birmingham, especially the JQ.  I'm guessing they're students at one of the Universities, so probably not surprising that they go down the Villa.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #283 on: December 25, 2014, 12:48:32 AM »

Bit harsh.

I see a lot more Chinese people around Birmingham, especially the JQ.  I'm guessing they're students at one of the Universities, so probably not surprising that they go down the Villa.

I was chatting to some Chinese students after the Boxing Day debacle v Spurs 2 years ago and they just wanted to watch a premier league game, with a loose desire for Villa to win as it is their host city. They had bought Villa scarves as souvenirs rather than as supporters but said it was their 3rd visit.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2014, 09:36:50 AM »

I am visiting friends and relatives when the Slumberland game is on.
I am working when the Palace game is on.
I might buy a Liverpool ticket.
Can I still be a Villa fan or do I have to become a Liverpool fan?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal