collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:43:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sid 'n' Shay: the positive vibes thread  (Read 14182 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Sid 'n' Shay: the positive vibes thread
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
I am in the lake district this weekend. Notable easter results while there previously have been home defeat to Liverpool, victory at west ham under Houllier and Gabby scoring on debut at Everton. Hopefully a win this weekend and I can enjoy match of the day!

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »
I am in the lake district this weekend. Notable easter results while there previously have been home defeat to Liverpool, victory at west ham under Houllier and Gabby scoring on debut at Everton. Hopefully a win this weekend and I can enjoy match of the day!

I was at the Everton match and it wasn't Easter. It was a few weeks before.

In fact easter that year was when we beat The Scum 3-1.

2006. Yep. Defo.

Classic quote after the game some Nose was moaning about how rubbish it was trying to get out of the ground from the North Stand.
Villa fan said '...don't worry - you won't be coming here again..

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2014, 03:42:23 PM »
Scary thought but if the suspensions are only temporary, what if Culverhouse and Karsa are back in charge by thursday  :'(

I don't know, but I'd say that is virtually impossible. If there are grounds to suspend them, they'll be gone.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »
Given on five live now.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2014, 08:48:52 PM »
What did he say?

Interesting that he has his A and B badges already, good sign and seems the sort you would want on the coaching staff.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2014, 08:52:37 PM »
Do you think sid + given might look at lambert and think we could do a better job than you ?

Offline caster troy

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2014, 09:16:24 PM »
Do you think sid + given might look at lambert and think we could do a better job than you ?

Everybody else probably does so why not? I've no doubt that some kids in the family stand could do no worse than Lambert.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2014, 11:12:50 PM »
Given sounds like an all round good egg and along with Sid this might be just what Lambert needed. You get the impression that Culverhouse and Karsa became a bit Keyes and Gray. I'm glad they're gone (almost) and that good people and football people are getting a chance, if only possibly temporarily

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »
Westwood and Hendrie were playing at some golf day today. SSN couldn't get any revelations from tbejr report though.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2014, 02:19:24 AM »
Nice to see a positive thread on here

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »
For no logical reason at all I am really looking forward to Saturday's game. Hopefully this gives everyone a lift, the crowd can make some noise and we can get a positive result.

I am now looking forward to Saturday and an upbeat atmosphere. Previously I was dreading both the game and likely bad atmosphere.

Same here, I was thinking it would need an extra couple of pints pre-match to cope.

I think Jane & I might go with this tactic anyway. Better safe than sorry & all that.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2014, 10:16:16 AM »
Given sounds like an all round good egg and along with Sid this might be just what Lambert needed. You get the impression that Culverhouse and Karsa became a bit Keyes and Gray. I'm glad they're gone (almost) and that good people and football people are getting a chance, if only possibly temporarily

Andy Gray is obviously intelligent on the football side of things and has experience of being an assistant manager. Shay Given strikes me as the same sort of football thinker. Sorry to say this but I think Gordon Cowans has been around at Villa Park for far too long without showing
any exceptional coaching skills. But he is, of course, popular with the fanbase because of his playing skills.

Its quite possibly Lambert is using him to gain favour with the support and if that is true it is disgraceful.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2014, 10:49:21 AM »

Andy Gray is obviously intelligent on the football side of things and has experience of being an assistant manager. Shay Given strikes me as the same sort of football thinker. Sorry to say this but I think Gordon Cowans has been around at Villa Park for far too long without showing
any exceptional coaching skills. But he is, of course, popular with the fanbase because of his playing skills.

Its quite possibly Lambert is using him to gain favour with the support and if that is true it is disgraceful.

You know this is the positive vibes thread right?

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2014, 04:13:06 PM »
Yep. In that case ive just watched Sid make a tremendous goal saving tackle against Watford in 83.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2014, 04:18:44 PM »
For no logical reason at all I am really looking forward to Saturday's game. Hopefully this gives everyone a lift, the crowd can make some noise and we can get a positive result.

I am now looking forward to Saturday and an upbeat atmosphere. Previously I was dreading both the game and likely bad atmosphere.

Same here, I was thinking it would need an extra couple of pints pre-match to cope.

I think Jane & I might go with this tactic anyway. Better safe than sorry & all that.

Very true.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal