collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:25:59 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 12:25:33 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 12:21:32 PM]

Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:14:13 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:11:02 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:19:21 AM]

Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:25:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 12:25:33 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 12:21:32 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:19:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:17:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:14:54 PM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:14:13 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:11:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2654753 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: The Still Current Lack of an Imminent Takeover Thread WITH CHILDISH POLL
« Reply #11895 on: May 03, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »
We paid £600k for Guzan, Richards was on a free transfer, Bacuna cost £3m and Gabby didn't cost anything in terms of transfer fee. We'll easily make that back on them. Hutton and Lescott probably not.
Bacuna cost under a million, didn't he?

A million euros according to the club we signed him from.

For that to be true, some or all of Tonev, Kozak, Okore, Helenius or Luna must have cost a fair bit more than reported.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #11896 on: May 03, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »
So what we need is Jesus with a big wedge burning a hole in his trouser pocket?

Yes.  Do you know this man?

Jesus Gil but I think he's dead.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11897 on: May 03, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »
We paid £600k for Guzan, Richards was on a free transfer, Bacuna cost £3m and Gabby didn't cost anything in terms of transfer fee. We'll easily make that back on them. Hutton and Lescott probably not.

No, much more. It was a Lambert bullshit, as well as the Westwood cost 800k and Lowton next to nothing. Crewe and Sheff Utd accounts say otherwise and match ours and not Lamberts numbers.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #11898 on: May 03, 2016, 05:09:59 PM »

No, much more. It was a Lambert bullshit, as well as the Westwood cost 800k and Lowton next to nothing. Crewe and Sheff Utd accounts say otherwise and match ours and not Lamberts numbers.

I doubt the accounts of Sheffield United or Crewe contained itemised receipts for players.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #11899 on: May 03, 2016, 06:49:05 PM »

How much more do you think is "much more", and what are you basing it on?

The FC Groningen official site says that it was for "zo’n één miljoen euro". Which means "about one million euros".

Unless there is something pretty concrete that says otherwise, what reason is there to doubt the figure that the selling club said it was?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #11900 on: May 03, 2016, 07:22:41 PM »
its not how much he cost, it's the cost of getting him and others of the wage bill which I think will be significant.
The real point I was trying to make is a new owner has to find the money to pay Randy and a quite a lot of money to rebuild the squad.

Why would it cost to get them off the wage bill if we sold them? The point I was making was that Guzan, Bacuna, Richards were all bought for relatively small fees. It's unlikely that they are on huge (by Premier League standards) wages that no-one else will match.

There's no reason to suppose that some idiot club won't come in for them. It's football rules, isn't it, fail miserably and get rewarded by a fat signing on fee somewhere else.

Gabby is a different matter as unless he goes off abroad somewhere cash-rich who are looking to sign 'name' players without looking at their ability, I can quite see that we'd have to pay him a big amount to get rid. The others? Not so much.

My prediction - Richards, Guzan and Lescott will be gone within a month of the end of the season. Richards to one of the promoted teams, Guzan & Lescott to the States.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11901 on: May 03, 2016, 07:26:50 PM »
If you look at the Villa accounts, the total combined spend is pretty well spot on with the total spend for the period reported on Soccerbase and elsewhere. So if Bacuna cost over £2m less than reported, then other players cost more. And frankly, if we paid more than was reported for the likes of Okore, Tonev, Luna or Kozak then we really did have our pants pulled down.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11902 on: May 03, 2016, 08:28:03 PM »

I doubt the accounts of Sheffield United or Crewe contained itemised receipts for players.

It doesn't take a genius to look at their year accounts that cover the period, see which players they sold that period and deduce roughly who cost what.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11903 on: May 03, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »

It doesn't take a genius to look at their year accounts that cover the period, see which players they sold that period and deduce roughly who cost what.

Take a look at the players they sold that period, and tell me where the money came from then. It's years ago now and I've had this arguement multiple times with people trying to kid themselves we never had our pants pulled down with the transfer fee's based on Lamberts bullshit claims.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #11904 on: May 03, 2016, 08:41:09 PM »
The only real value we have as a business at the moment is the infrastructure- cracking ground and state of the art training ground; and our brand.

Our playing staff, collectively are a huge liability currently, in financial terms. We'd be lucky to raise enough from selling what decent players we have left, to afford to be able to pay off the deadwood. And it's essential that we do this in order to get a clean slate.

I'm no expert by any means, but I'd value the club roughly at whatever the ground and BH are worth, minus the ongoing financial liabilities of the current first team squad, bar 5 or 6 players; and whatever debts randy decides he wants to call in.

When you boil it down like that,  then what would you be likely to bid in all honesty?

Next to fuck all would be my opening gambit.

You are right about the infrastructure in that it is already there.  The biggest thing going for us though, is potential.  If a buyer gets it right and we establish ourselves back in the top 10 of the PL, the value of the Club will increase dramatically.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #11905 on: May 03, 2016, 08:46:51 PM »

Take a look at the players they sold that period, and tell me where the money came from then. It's years ago now and I've had this arguement multiple times with people trying to kid themselves we never had our pants pulled down with the transfer fee's based on Lamberts bullshit claims.

But you know different.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11906 on: May 03, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »
Take a look at Crewe's accounts for the year we signed Westwood. Take a look at the players they got rid of that period.  Tell me who you think they got the money for?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #11907 on: May 03, 2016, 08:52:01 PM »
Not being an expert on the value of lower division footballers I don't know. And neither do you so please, just for once, spare us the angst.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #11908 on: May 03, 2016, 08:54:24 PM »
Take a look at Crewe's accounts for the year we signed Westwood. Take a look at the players they got rid of that period.  Tell me who you think they got the money for?

Nick Powell, Luke Murphy?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #11909 on: May 03, 2016, 08:57:57 PM »
No brainer.   It was the last installment on David Platt's sell on clauses.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal