collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2654711 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: The Still Current Lack of an Imminent Takeover Thread WITH CHILDISH POLL
« Reply #11925 on: May 06, 2016, 07:56:55 AM »
Excellent.

I hope they get a move on

:D

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #11926 on: May 06, 2016, 08:25:15 AM »
My hunch, no more than that, is that the bidders for the club are being asked to accept the club with a new manager in place, probably Pearson.  Possibly one or more of the bidders don't want to have their hands tied managerially and that is what is causing the hiatus.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #11927 on: May 06, 2016, 08:36:41 AM »
Randy making a succesful sale of the club.I wonder what odds the bookies would give on that?

Offline frank black

« Reply #11928 on: May 06, 2016, 08:43:31 AM »
Same as Leicester for the prem

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #11929 on: May 06, 2016, 09:00:14 AM »
Randy making a succesful sale of the club.I wonder what odds the bookies would give on that?

Define successful.

Your idea of successful might be very different from Lerner's, which might be different again from Hollis'

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #11930 on: May 06, 2016, 09:05:27 AM »
My hunch, no more than that, is that the bidders for the club are being asked to accept the club with a new manager in place, probably Pearson.  Possibly one or more of the bidders don't want to have their hands tied managerially and that is what is causing the hiatus.

But why would Lerner want to go to the hassle of appointing another manager, when he can just sit out the next 10 days and hand the whole shit storm off to someone else.
He can't cause any more damage now. He can't correct any of the mistakes now and given his record on appointing or approving managers, you'd think anyone would take his recommendation as a 100% do not touch with a barge pole certificate.

It would be like selling a second hand car and there's 2 bidders, but you're insisting on giving it that metallic puke green respray you've been getting to get done for the last 12 months before selling it.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #11931 on: May 06, 2016, 09:45:51 AM »
Yeah. I would think any new owner wants their own guy in place.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #11932 on: May 06, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »

But why would Lerner want to go to the hassle of appointing another manager, when he can just sit out the next 10 days and hand the whole shit storm off to someone else.
He can't cause any more damage now. He can't correct any of the mistakes now and given his record on appointing or approving managers, you'd think anyone would take his recommendation as a 100% do not touch with a barge pole certificate.

It would be like selling a second hand car and there's 2 bidders, but you're insisting on giving it that metallic puke green respray you've been getting to get done for the last 12 months before selling it.

Except that Lerner is only involved as he wants to be. Hollis has presumably done the leg work, Lerner presumably knows who Hollis has selected and can just let things proceed if he wishes. The only reason he might not would be if he has a preferred bidder and they have a condition that they choose who they want.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #11933 on: May 06, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »
Surely the prospective buyers will have sat down with Pearson and any other candidates that Little/Hollis have identified?  I would expect that it'll be the new owner's decision and no one else's, hence the delay. 

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #11934 on: May 06, 2016, 10:12:11 AM »

Except that Lerner is only involved as he wants to be. Hollis has presumably done the leg work, Lerner presumably knows who Hollis has selected and can just let things proceed if he wishes. The only reason he might not would be if he has a preferred bidder and they have a condition that they choose who they want.
Hollis or Lerner, the point's the same.  If there is a takeover in the offing and there are 2 or 3 suitors, there's no way on earth a new manager will be appointed early in may unless all 3 - 4 parties are agreed on on one candidate or a takeover has gone through.

Otherwise you're waiting until you've got at least as far as letters of intent and Hollis having some sort of agreement or understanding from a new owner to go out and get the new manager.  I guess that's where the cut-off  at the back end of the month comes from.

Regardless of a takeover happening or not, we'll need someone in situ by the end of May, which presumably might also help focus the minds of any potential buyers.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #11935 on: May 06, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »
I agree with your rationale VID but there appears to be a log jam.  I cannot see it being anything minor like seeing out the season or the effect on season ticket sales.  My hunch is that the highest bidder wants to bring in their own manager.  The under bidders with more of an eye for a bargain will go through with Hollis's choice of manager, at least in the short term.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #11936 on: May 06, 2016, 11:13:09 AM »
I think we got Martin O'Neill in before Lerner bought the Club back in 2006.  Hopefully the same kind of thing is happening now, with the new owners totally on board with the appointment of the new boss.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #11937 on: May 06, 2016, 11:50:06 AM »
I agree with your rationale VID but there appears to be a log jam.  I cannot see it being anything minor like seeing out the season or the effect on season ticket sales.  My hunch is that the highest bidder wants to bring in their own manager.  The under bidders with more of an eye for a bargain will go through with Hollis's choice of manager, at least in the short term.

Surely if there are 3 bidders who've all completed due dilligence (as suggested above) the most likely delay will be us deciding which we're going to make the approved bidder.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #11938 on: May 06, 2016, 12:05:23 PM »
Who's to say Hollis will continue after new owners come in, I am buying Aston Villa the administration of the club has been woeful leading to relegation, would I allow them to have any control over manager or playing staff, not on your nelly.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #11939 on: May 06, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
Surely the decision on the new manager must be with the new owners. It goes hand in hand with their vision and how much money they will put in for rebuilding the squad. Going from the extremes of nothing to £50m, say, the manager could well be different.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal