collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wearing Villa shirts out  (Read 16279 times)

Offline Simon Ward

Re: Wearing Villa shirts out
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »
Nice one

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
Brilliant.

Offline exigo

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »
Nice job. Why would a club decline?

Couple of clubs refused because of their existing links to other charities. One club refused, after originally consenting, once they were told that we'd need to remove all sponsor logos in post-production.

Villa, as you'd expect, sent a nice note with their consent and gave us a contact if we needed any other help.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »

Couple of clubs refused because of their existing links to other charities. One club refused, after originally consenting, once they were told that we'd need to remove all sponsor logos in post-production.

Villa, as you'd expect, sent a nice note with their consent and gave us a contact if we needed any other help.
That's why we are the best football club in the world. Well done by the way.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2014, 07:37:54 PM »
They should definitely be worn by fat middle aged blokes just to piss of the snobs on here

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2014, 07:39:54 PM »
I'm fat. I'm middle-aged. I'll wear one.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2014, 07:45:28 PM »
I have a bit of a podge and i wear mine for every game i watch in the pub over here.
And i have the European badge on my left calf and the new badge on my right calf. Bollocks to the snobs, i am a Villa fan and proud to be so.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2014, 11:05:18 PM »
I have a bit of a podge and i wear mine for every game i watch in the pub over here.
And i have the European badge on my left calf and the new badge on my right calf. Bollocks to the snobs, i am a Villa fan and proud to be so.

That's either a very long shirt or you are Toulouse Lautrec.

Exellent poster, exigo!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2014, 08:39:20 AM »

not being pedantic, but isn't the villa shirt used one if the old nike ones from when we had the acorns logo? Obviously they wouldn't object to the logo being removed given the cause, but you could understand if not sympathise with a club whose shirt had say a gambling or alcohol sponsor not being willing/ permitted to show the particular shirt without the sponsors logo.

Offline exigo

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2014, 09:57:21 AM »
Quote from: robbo1874
not being pedantic, but isn't the villa shirt used one if the old nike ones from when we had the acorns logo? Obviously they wouldn't object to the logo being removed given the cause, but you could understand if not sympathise with a club whose shirt had say a gambling or alcohol sponsor not being willing/ permitted to show the particular shirt without the sponsors logo.

The Villa shirt is the Acorns/Nike edition, mostly because it's the most recent home shirt that I own. We tried it with my lime green Macron/Genting away shirt too, but it didn't look as good.

It's for clubs to decide what they are and aren't comfortable with, and it's not for me to judge. Which is why I wouldn't name the clubs in a public forum.

But I did find the spectrum of response fascinating; from 'yep great, do whatever you have to', 'we'd love to be a part of it', 'we're happy for you to use one of our retro kits without sponsors but not a current shirt', to 'not if you're going to remove sponsor logos', 'no, we have our own exclusive charity commitments' and around half of the Premier League clubs who simply didn't respond at all. And special mention to one club who sent us a shirt to use 'on the proviso that we send it back to them after the shoot'.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2014, 10:03:44 AM »
tonight Matthew, I will be wearing my purple Macron polo shirt in the pub as there are loads of Tory Royal Blue lottery winners in there to upset..

Offline Theo

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2014, 03:30:35 PM »
Everytime Villa is playing at my local pub I go and see them with one my shirts under a jacket, either the home reebok of the season 1997-98 or my white retro replica shirt of the season 80-81 with the claret and blue collar to show my support as there aren't many villa supporters around my place ! Otherwise I might were them to go running or to take a walk, especially the day after a nice victory haha.

It often provokes interesting conversations about football with people that notice it in general, which is nice !
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:39:20 PM by Theo »

Offline exigo

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
A gentle reminder for anybody able to take part in Football Shirt Friday this week, for such a good cause.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:25:23 PM by exigo »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2014, 10:22:58 PM »
It's Thursday tomorrow.

Offline exigo

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2014, 10:25:47 PM »
It's Thursday tomorrow.

Gah, I'm having one of those weeks. Edited accordingly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal